The online racing simulator
H-Shifter
(3 posts, started )
H-Shifter
*PLEASE MOVE IN WRONG SECTION*

Hello peeps,

I would like to make my own h-shifter. I was going to buy a ACT LABS H-shifter but they are WAY out of my budget, so In decided to make my own. But, I am a newbie at h-shifters (I have only used a G27 one!) so I need to know what to get and what to do to make it. Referring to earlier, I could not buy the Ultimate bundle, buy the single one and buy the 6-speed + Reverse separately.

*PLEASE MOVE IN WRONG SECTION*
Quote from Kyle-Caz :I am a newbie at h-shifters (I have only used a G27 one!) so I need to know what to get and what to do to make it.

Considering you can buy a standalone G27 shifter from Ebay at around £20 and slap a Leo Bodnar standalone USB adapter to it, it doesn't make much sense to start building one by scratch, especially if you're not willing to do the basic research for planning and material requirements to start with.

But good luck with the project.

Edit: Act-Labs shifters are also horribly outdated and overpriced now.
All that's mandatory is a USB device with enough buttons to solder to for the number of gears you want to use, apart from that its down to your handiwork abilities, tools, time and budget.

Feel free to take a look in the thread I have linked in my signature, I can totally recommend my method of creating tongs for each gear.

H-Shifter
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG