The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Well, that's not surprising at all.

he actually ALT F4'd to avoid the wall, he was beating me until he timed out. Meh p6 with a destroyed car after I spun my teammate out when running p3 and p4 chasing the other break away
Can you guys drive the Road Warrior series atm? Since the maintenace it says Purchase required for me, although I have the track and car too. Well, it's the last day of MX5 @ Bathurst right? Such a shame I missed that
Quote from Kristi :Can you guys drive the Road Warrior series atm? Since the maintenace it says Purchase required for me, although I have the track and car too. Well, it's the last day of MX5 @ Bathurst right? Such a shame I missed that

It's giving me Purchase Required too for the RW series and I'm not sure why, but you missed the MX5 round, it was last week. Here's the full schedule.

Race Times:

Saturday 1:00 GMT (Friday 8:00 PM est)
Saturday 20:00 GMT (Saturday 3:00 PM est)
Sunday 1:00 GMT (Saturday 8:00 PM est)
Sunday 12:00 GMT (Sunday 7:00AM est)

Awesome job mate.. thank you very much
Hi guys,

made this thread over at the "other gaming" section of the iR Forums. I see there's a lot of LFS Users on iR but I can never match the real names used there, with the Nicknames and Usernames over here. So come and tell us who you are
Users not listed there
Frank Levick IV
Isaac Price
Jarl Teien (Arox123)
Jack Sedgewick (JackDamaster) aka av'rolled
Sean P. Lyddon (xtraction)
Phil Diaz (PMD....)
Robin Friskopps
Simon Cattell
Paulo Vinicius
Teemu Iivonen (Crazyskypimp)
Nathan Lamothe (Nathan246)
Joe Letteriello (Yuessi)
Anthony Rossomano (Kingcars)
Kristof Kerekes
Oscar Hardwick
Spellings might not be right on all, but these are just names on my watch list and friends list that are not in that list yet
Wrong car.
And basically this will be the last shot for the Prototype GT challange, it is almost dead already, but after this it will be certainly.
Quote from tikshow :And basically this will be the last shot for the Prototype GT challange, it is almost dead already, but after this it will be certainly.

I agree and it's a damn shame, I love Proto/GT and the HPD more than anything, but nobody in their right mind will drive the C6R or the FGT anymore, and the HPD won't get the semi-decent tyres for another 5 months or so, it probably won't recover until grand-am and P/GT are thrown into the same series.
One of my favourite cars in iR, damn can't wait.
EDIT : Aaaand there goes my wallet.
Rookie class is just horrible
Rule #1, get out of rookies asap, start from pits and just avoid racing anyone.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Rule #1, get out of rookies asap, start from pits and just avoid racing anyone.

And then spend weeks trying to get your iRating up so you are not racing with the muppets? I've always said this is terrible advice. It may be the quickest way to get a D licence but it is not the quickest way to get out of the low splits and away from the idiots.

If you are a good clean racer just race smart, let the fast idiots go, pull away from the slow idiots.
Quote from menantoll :And then spend weeks trying to get your iRating up so you are not racing with the muppets? I've always said this is terrible advice. It may be the quickest way to get a D licence but it is not the quickest way to get out of the low splits and away from the idiots.

If you are a good clean racer just race smart, let the fast idiots go, pull away from the slow idiots.

You dont even have iRating as a rookie, so no.
You do have a hidden iRating in the Rookie class, and that's why I started at around 2500 iR when out of there. It's not a bad idea to race others there, it's not that dangerous.
Oh, I stand corrected
I'd rather face idiots in class D than idiots in Rookie.
Quote from menantoll :If you are a good clean racer just race smart, let the fast idiots go, pull away from the slow idiots.

I've put the important part in bold. Anyone mentioning getting out of rookie in this forum is not going to be new to sim racing.

Somehow I doubted Mr Diaz started from the pits in his rookie races so I took a look.

Remember your first road iRace?

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... id=51896&custid=15579

With a half decent iRating you won't face the real idiots in rookie either.

I know a couple of people who took the "start from pits" advice and when they got to D they struggled to get out of the lower splits where things were just as bad.
It's different from person to person though, some make it faster and easier then others, some keeps ending up in wrecks (which seems to be the case with Franky from what I can read), to those the "get out of the rookie races asap" advice is a good advice. Get yourself in to the class C races and then start grinding iRating.
Going to compare the first season of iRacing to now, k. Not only is everyone in rookie at that time, but you couldn't even advance licenses until after the season is over with. So basically can't tell if trolling or if you are being that ignorant.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :It's different from person to person though, some make it faster and easier then others, some keeps ending up in wrecks (which seems to be the case with Franky from what I can read), to those the "get out of the rookie races asap" advice is a good advice. Get yourself in to the class C races and then start grinding iRating.

On oval atleast the mods and sks are clean series, anyone with driving sense and an above basic set could pull away and gain sr and iR...

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG