The online racing simulator
HELP Please
(32 posts, started )
HELP Please
I got my GTX 750ti delivered today. I plug it in, and I get the BIOS Screen, and then nothing happens. About after 20sec's the PC Beeps, BIOS Flash screen stays on and nothing, again a Beep after 20secs, nothing.

Everything is plugged in correctly. Below is my System:

HP Pro 3400 MT

500w PSU
8GB DDR Ram ( 2 x 4GB )
MSI GTX 750ti

If I unplug the GFX and use onboard GFX is boots no problem.
I have tried flashing the motherboard BIOS, but it doesn't change dates. I have built this PC a while ago, and formatted the whole drive (non of this HP Partition etc ) just straight 500gb partition.

I don't think it's a faulty GFX Card, otherwise it wouldn't boot in the first place.

Anybody else seen this?
Should I flash the MB with a Bios from Intel?
There is a x16 PCI-e slot there

Any help would be gratefully received, and please don't suggest its a crap motherboard, I know that already....but it works. Oh it also works if I plug in my old EVGA G210 PCI E card and use three screens, just to complicate things more LOL

So basically. Plug in EVGA G210 it works
Plug in GTX 750 ti it doesn't work

Cheers

Fordie
#2 - Bean0
Have you plugged in whatever additional power leads the GPU requires ?
Quote from Bean0 :Have you plugged in whatever additional power leads the GPU requires ?

It doesn't have any, anywhere on the card.

Here is the CARD I have

Cheers

Fordie
If you can actually see the bios screen with the monitor cables plugged in to the graphics card rather than the motherboard, then it means the card is working atleast.

You could try updating the bios and see if that makes any difference. Also try taking out any other cards, leaving just the 750 Ti connected and try to boot after that.
Quote from Matrixi :If you can actually see the bios screen with the monitor cables plugged in to the graphics card rather than the motherboard, then it means the card is working atleast.

You could try updating the bios and see if that makes any difference. Also try taking out any other cards, leaving just the 750 Ti connected and try to boot after that.

HI Matrixi,

I did say, I tried updating the MB Bios. Currently is says V7.16 (23/02/2012) but according to the HP Website, link in first post, there is a new bios of V7.16 A (27/02/2013). The update run's through as normal, asks me to rebook, but the date doesn't change nor does the A appear next to Bios.

I have no other cards plugged in. For the triple monitors, I use the PCI-e card and the onboard Intel VGA output. I have even tried unplugging the Creative Soundcard and just having the 750 plugged in, no other cards, still does the same.

Its baffled me beyond confusing....

Fordie
#6 - robt
"Interface PCI Express x16 3.0" could this be the problem, maybe your pc is only pci-e 2.0 or less?? hence the older card works? Cant find a definative answer when i look up your pc. That and the power supply seems to be 300W, might be the issue.
Quote from robt :"Interface PCI Express x16 3.0" could this be the problem, maybe your pc is only pci-e 2.0 or less?? hence the older card works? Cant find a definative answer when i look up your pc. That and the power supply seems to be 300W, might be the issue.

Hi Robt,

I have upgraded the PSU to a 500W, so this is not the issue. I have read that even if the socket was a 2.0 PCI Express socket, the card would still work, but would just under perform ( not max for example ) but all PCI-e Cards work in ALL PCI-e Socket's.

I was hoping due to the number of people on this forum, somebody somewhere might have experienced a simular problem with a OEM PC from a major manufacturer. The only thing I can point to, is I am not able to update the Motherboard BIOS due to HP Lock down....but I was hoping there was a hack or a work around somewhere.

Cheers

Fordie
Because I cannot update the BIOS, I think my only choice ( unless somebody tells me different here ) I need a new MB. I don't need nothing special, just one that does my processor, 8GB ram, and a GFX card that will work LOL

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Co ... g&page=1&limit=30

What do you guys think?, cheapest option will do the trick?

Cheers

Fordie
Attached images
cpu1.jpg
cpu2.jpg
PCI-E 3.0 is backwards compatible, so that shouldn't be an issue.

It simply looks like that motherboard isn't compatible with the card for some reason, usual package built PC headaches. Doesn't seem to be the only case either.
Quote from Matrixi :PCI-E 3.0 is backwards compatible, so that shouldn't be an issue.

It simply looks like that motherboard isn't compatible with the card for some reason, usual package built PC headaches. Doesn't seem to be the only case either.

Yeah I read that Matrixi, and I was surprised also as well as the poster.

I must admit, I apologize for my lack of "gaming knowledge" here as years ago, I used to be "shit hot" on what to have and overclock this, and that, but since moving on in work, to server's, and Cisco Routing and Networks, my home gaming knowledge has been well left behind, hence why the basic questions. If you asked what server do I need for X environment, or what comms, switchs, routers, I could answer that, but home gaming, I am seriously way out of touch, hence why I really appreciate all your input / advice.

So what "cheap" MB could get me by using all the orig equipment I have.

Many Thanks

Fordie
-
(jasonmatthews) DELETED by jasonmatthews : talking crap :P
I'm not sure if it's the H61 chipset which is causing the issue of stopping it from booting, or just that motherboard in particular. So I can't personally advice you to buy any model in particular with that chipset, if it would have the same issue.

If you're going to take the risk and get one, I've had good experiences with Gigabyte and Asus boards atleast in the high-end and the workstation range.

It's a tricky situation really. I suppose you could get some higher end Z77 chipset motherboard that supports your CPU and doesn't have any issues with aftermarket graphics cards, then upgrade the CPU later in to something more powerful like 3570K/3770K when the time comes for that.

Quote from jasonmatthews :That card will definitley need an additional power socket connected, if not two. On the top of the card near the back you should see the sockets...

No it doesn't, do your research. GTX 750/Ti don't have any extra power connectors, atleast by Nvidias design.
This looks like a HP issue ( again ) The first warning sign is that the board will only take up to 8 gigs of ram, http://h18000.www1.hp.com/prod ... ecs/14119_na/14119_na.PDF.

I'm very wary of the newer HP boards for gaming, I don't know what their doing but it seems strange.

You may have said but what processor are you running ?, then get the best budget board you can, if possible, shove that, power supply, etc into another case, then with only a cheap processor, sell the HP to cover the costs.
Quote from Racer X NZ :This looks like a HP issue ( again ) The first warning sign is that the board will only take up to 8 gigs of ram, http://h18000.www1.hp.com/prod ... ecs/14119_na/14119_na.PDF.

I'm very wary of the newer HP boards for gaming, I don't know what their doing but it seems strange.

You may have said but what processor are you running ?, then get the best budget board you can, if possible, shove that, power supply, etc into another case, then with only a cheap processor, sell the HP to cover the costs.

Hi Racer,

Yeah I put a picture of it here https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1848346#post1848346 from CPU ID

What I was thinking is getting a "cheap" replacement Motherboard, so that I can use everything else I have, i.e CPU, Memory, PSU, GFX Card.

So I have the following, See pictures of all the info I have on my Setup:

Would any Motherboard from any manufacture with the socket 1155 LGA Work?

Cheers

Fordie
Attached images
cpu1.jpg
cpu2.jpg
mainboardr.jpg
Memory_Overall.jpg
Memory1.jpg
memory2.jpg
I was hesitating between 1150 and 1155 when buying a new PC, and ended up getting an 1150 socket, but my option for the 1155 would've been ASROCK Z77 Pro4 or any Asus Z77 chipset motherboard. I hope that helps anything.
Slight Progress
Progress Sort of

I have plugged in 2nd monitor to onboard GFX, and this displays ok with the GTX plugged in. The screen is frozen on the GTX but ok on the Intel

Went in to device Manager and found an exclamation mark next to the GTX .

It says This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

Went in to Sysinfo, and its conflicting on Memory and I/O. See pictures.

Can I disable this device?

Cheers

Fordie
Attached images
conflict.jpg
inputoutput.jpg
HI All,

Right I am going to RMA the card. It totally stopped working, froze the whole system.

Could not even get PC to boot with no card in, just onboard. Done CMOS reset, and now got everything working again, old setup

But thanks for all your help and advice

Fordie
Quote from Kristi :I was hesitating between 1150 and 1155 when buying a new PC, and ended up getting an 1150 socket, but my option for the 1155 would've been ASROCK Z77 Pro4 or any Asus Z77 chipset motherboard. I hope that helps anything.

Would this do me Kristi. I know you mentioned the Z77 chipset, but with an added Case, I wanted to keep the cost down on the MB.

http://www.ebuyer.com/509385-m ... -atx-motherboard-b85m-g43

Cheers

Fordie
The B85 chipset is socket 1150, if Z77 is too expensive search for some H77 boards.
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :The B85 chipset is socket 1150, if Z77 is too expensive search for some H77 boards.

Damn, my mistake, I have 1155, but thanks for the heads up

Fordie
Hi Chaps, yep me again.

Received my "replacement card" today, and guess what...yep didn't work, but this time it was different.

I managed to boot in to Windoz with onboard connected as well as the GTX, and there was an exclamtion mark on the GTX

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

There is nothing to disable in the bios as in ports. There is no other expansion cards in there, using on board sound. If I disable the onboard gfx, the card doesn't display windows, just looks like its frozen.

Does this sound like a MB issue to you, or has anybody experienced this and knows a fix?

Cheers

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :That's what I thought as well Dawes

What happened to Plug and Play, its now plug don't work spend more and play

Old hardware will not work forever. You don't try to mount fuel injectors to a carburetted engine. Computers are no different.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Old hardware will not work forever. You don't try to mount fuel injectors to a carburetted engine. Computers are no different.

Yeah I know, but this PC is only 2yrs old, of the MB and CPU is. Its due to the lockdown of bios that is the problem.

Oh well.....where's the Credit card LOL

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Yeah I know, but this PC is only 2yrs old, of the MB and CPU is. Its due to the lockdown of bios that is the problem.

Oh well.....where's the Credit card LOL

Fordie

Probably in your wife's purse.

HELP Please
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG