The online racing simulator
Quote from Yuusei :Well yours are not exactly "LFS raw" either.

That's the thing, you know? I have to work hard to get things to look good in real time, whereas doing it in Photoshop is easy as hell.
Still, they're not raw.
gimped?
Pit lane screenshot with some new pit textures, hope u like it!
Fbm-ferrari 1991 f1 skin
Helmet-msc 1997 helmet skin

all new tyre textures
all new fbm textures (ext.&int.)
all new bl track, pits, ads, barriers, curbs textures

if interested in this all new textures, REPLY!
Attached images
lfs.png
I like it
Quote from dtomsic23 :Pit lane screenshot with some new pit textures, hope u like it!
Fbm-ferrari 1991 f1 skin
Helmet-msc 1997 helmet skin

all new tyre textures
all new fbm textures (ext.&int.)
all new bl track, pits, ads, barriers, curbs textures

if interested in this all new textures, REPLY!

The grey textures on the left of the image look weird.
Quote from Kyotee :The grey textures on the left of the image look weird.

well, i didn't do it without reason..
on every f1 track, the area in pit lane where cars stop for a tyre change ect. is always covered with a special asphalt which is in most of cases gray..
Quote from dtomsic23 :well, i didn't do it without reason..
on every f1 track, the area in pit lane where cars stop for a tyre change ect. is always covered with a special asphalt which is in most of cases gray..

Thanks for the lesson, but what I meant was, it's almost textureless. It appears as simply solid grey.
Quote from Kyotee :What do you consider RAW?

You apply an external mod to the game to change the appearance of it and you think the output of that is raw?
Quote from englishlord :You apply an external mod to the game to change the appearance of it and you think the output of that is raw?

So any pics here with texture mods or even car skins isn't really raw?
Quote from Kyotee :So any pics here with texture mods or even car skins isn't really raw?

The way i see it, you're ENB mod is EXTERNAL whereas the textures and car skins you are referring to are actually part of the Sim. I dont know anything about you're ENB because my personal opinion is it just makes it look like an arcade game, but my point is that textures and skins are actual files that belong to the simulator, edited or not they belong and therefore are raw. You're ENB modification is an external file, not an internal file so you're screenshots are not raw.
Quote from xtraction :The way i see it, you're ENB mod is EXTERNAL whereas the textures and car skins you are referring to are actually part of the Sim. I dont know anything about you're ENB because my personal opinion is it just makes it look like an arcade game, but my point is that textures and skins are actual files that belong to the simulator, edited or not they belong and therefore are raw. You're ENB modification is an external file, not an internal file so you're screenshots are not raw.

Pretty much what I was getting at. You had to do something outside of the default installation to get that look, therefore not raw.
Quote from Kyotee :Thanks for the lesson, but what I meant was, it's almost textureless. It appears as simply solid grey.

it really looks a bit textureless on this pic, but i think is because of angle and sunset.. but actually you can recognize a fine asphalt texture while playing..

i also didnt want to put some rough asphalt texture because i wanted it look like smooth surface, like it looks on f1 tracks..
Quote from dtomsic23 :http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... stanbul_park_pit_lane.JPG

see, this grey area also looks a little bit textureless, right?
except of all this tyremarks..

Seeing that I can understand your decision. You really didn't do bad it just looks inconsistent. Perhaps rough it up a bit, add those tiremarks. Show signs of a bit of wear if you think the idea of a stronger asphalt texture would be unrealistic.

But remember, it's probably better to have it looking like what a player would expect than to make it realistic.
With a simple flat dds texture it's really not easy to get the desired look anyway.
Quote from Kyotee :Seeing that I can understand your decision. You really didn't do bad it just looks inconsistent. Perhaps rough it up a bit, add those tiremarks. Show signs of a bit of wear if you think the idea of a stronger asphalt texture would be unrealistic.

But remember, it's probably better to have it looking like what a player would expect than to make it realistic.
With a simple flat dds texture it's really not easy to get the desired look anyway.

well all in all you're right.. maybe i'll sharpen this dds pic a bit so texture will be more visible..
thanks for advice

got any idea how to add tyremarks?
To my mind, raw photo is the one which you just take straight from the game (modded/unmodded it doesn't matter) and do not put it through any image editing software to enhance any aspects of it... Even if ENB is turned on, it's still injected into game environment, so how can't it be raw photo?

Anyway, one pic from me

http://www.imagebam.com/image/796c0f310541348
and yet you post an edited photo?
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :and yet you post an edited photo?

ENB blur. (look at the spectators closely, it's grainy. or the poles further)
Yup, everything was real-time rendered.
Quote from Darecki :To my mind, raw photo is the one which you just take straight from the game (modded/unmodded it doesn't matter) and do not put it through any image editing software to enhance any aspects of it... Even if ENB is turned on, it's still injected into game environment, so how can't it be raw photo?

Anyway, one pic from me

http://www.imagebam.com/image/796c0f310541348

I entirely share this opinion of what raw is classified as. This is both a thread for creative use of standard game assets, and to showcase modifications to the game to improve it's aesthetics, without relying on the easy technique of Photoshop.
Quote from nikopdr :ENB blur. (look at the spectators closely, it's grainy. or the poles further)

ENB's default blur is quite bad, but there are plenty of HLSL plugins that we use to replace it, to achieve the more realistic bokeh appearance.

Raw Screenshots Thread.
(3267 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG