The online racing simulator
The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
(163 posts, started )
Go Finland. Epic team play. Thoroughly deserved to win.
Yeaa, feels like Russian players came to receive 1billion dollars each and then go home. 2 fantastic matchups coming up though fin-swe and can-usa cant complain
As history shows, russians have serious troubles in fights with finns Fiasco at Winter War, back in 1939-1940, now this. The same principle fight, Russia has an advantage of its players and can't do a shit to finns. Finns plays better, more wisely and actually plays as a team and wins. Now all russian ice-hockey gonna feel a wrath of Kaputin and his banhammer.
Quote from EliteAti :Yeaa, feels like Russian players came to receive 1billion dollars each and then go home. 2 fantastic matchups coming up though fin-swe and can-usa cant complain

Well I wouldn't write off Latvia just yet, they still have a decent chance to disrupt the US a bit.
Quote from seniecka :As history shows, russians have serious troubles in fights with finns Fiasco at Winter War, back in 1939-1940, now this.

That comparison is a bit hillbilly stuff.
Quote from deggis :That comparison is a bit hillbilly stuff.

Not really, the winter war is still huge in the mind of people.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well I wouldn't write off Latvia just yet, they still have a decent chance to disrupt the US a bit.

Canada actually. But even most optimistic fans respect the huge possibility of tournament end for latvian team at quarterfinals.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well I wouldn't write off Latvia just yet, they still have a decent chance to disrupt the US a bit.

Its Canada vs Latvia. But gg
#85 - troy
Too much talk of Latvians... must... not... cry... :weeping:
Yea,Swiss can't pull out 2 lucky wins in row,huh?
WTF, soon after CAN - LAT started they switched to USA - CZE. Our director must be drunk.
#88 - troy
Wellllll, if we're perfectly honest we had the better start but couldn't score (yet again, bloody puck wasn't on our side the whole tournament) and after a 8-1 shot statistic your goal came out of nowhere, I would consider you the lucky ones there.

But in the end you can't complain if you don't reach the 1/4 if you score 3 goals in 4 matches...
Its a good battle from latvians. 1-1 in the middle of 2nd period
Quote from EliteAti :Its a good battle from latvians. 1-1 in the middle of 2nd period

Latvia doing good. Go latvia!
That save by Latvia 0.0
Quote from Mustangman759 :Its Canada vs Latvia. But gg

Well I meant Canada but I like how you brushed it off like I was talking shit, but the reality is I was right. Latvia doing good and sitting 1-1 now and could easily break through.
How are you right? All the numbers are in favor of canada. Latvia's gk is doing great but as we just saw canada is taking control
I'm right because I duly noted it wouldn't be a cake walk, and it wasn't.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm right because I duly noted it wouldn't be a cake walk, and it wasn't.

the only thing keeping Latvia in that game was the goalkeeper. Score should easily have been 3-1 if not for that lucky save.
Canada shots 16, 19, 19
Latvia shots 6, 5, 2
the simple fact is single digit shots is not enough, especially when most of them were low quality like they were in the third period. All of the shots I saw Canada take were high quality as they looked for space or took advantage of breakaways unlike latvia.
why is a Brit claiming to know anything about hockey?
Quote from Mustangman759 :the only thing keeping Latvia in that game was the goalkeeper. Score should easily have been 3-1 if not for that lucky save.
Canada shots 16, 19, 19
Latvia shots 6, 5, 2
the simple fact is single digit shots is not enough, especially when most of them were low quality like they were in the third period. All of the shots I saw Canada take were high quality as they looked for space or took advantage of breakaways unlike latvia.
why is a Brit claiming to know anything about hockey?

As we saw with Russia against Finland, what is the point shooting if you don't hit the target? And what is the point trying to shoot when you can't keep a hold of the puck? Although to be far Canada's containment play is the best in the world the point still stands. Just because you get shots off on or off target doesn't show the true impotent of a game at all. That's like saying the number of gear changes in a race is relative to how fast your average speed is.

Latvia held on in that game and were pushing alot in the final 5minutes. You need a bit of luck to succeed, and if Canada keep shooting at the goal tender how is it lucky if he saves it? Goal tending is as much about positioning than it is about reflexes.

Think of it this way, Latvia had a bigger percentage of goal to shot ratio in that game than any other team. The goal they DID score was some of the best link up play you'll ever see, they hooked a guy up and he was 1v1 with the goal tender and actually put the puck away, unlike Russia where we saw 1v1 situations all tournement long only for Ovechkin to fluff it into the crowd.
You can't win off goal percentage. Latvia's offense did a terrible job to retain possession. Canada fired a low goal percentage but I can count at least a dozen shots that were saved that were great looks. The truth is Latvia's keeper carried them and deserves MVP for that game easily.
therefor Latvia was better, end of story!
Quote from Mustangman759 :You can't win off goal percentage. Latvia's offense did a terrible job to retain possession. Canada fired a low goal percentage but I can count at least a dozen shots that were saved that were great looks. The truth is Latvia's keeper carried them and deserves MVP for that game easily.

How often do you watch ice hockey? I mean really? The goal tender is revered as a key player in ANY team.
No, Latvia wasn't better, but Latvia is good enough to compete at highest level and they proved this in this Olympics. Really impressed by Latvia's ice-hockey level. I've never thought that Latvia can be as good as Canada, to compete pretty much all the match. Yeah, I knew Latvia is good team, but as good as it was today. Bravo.

My favorite team is Canada, but on such occasion I supported latvians, of course. No explanations needed.

The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
(163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG