The online racing simulator
Excellent race, nice fighting with Goik in the CQ car for a while. Awesome pace from the ineX guys as expected, as well as the guys in the #9 car. Was quite interesting going 5-wide into T1 on lap 1 also, glad nobody got hurt there Apologies for the #63 car I think it was, that I made contact with after drafting on the S/F coming into the first oval turn, wasn't at all intentional and more a drowsy accident than anything else, no hard feelings fellas.
Even with a really low attendance, I really enjoyed this race. Everyone was respectful on track. It was kind of a bummer, knowing that the level of competition was way down compared to past years, it kinda of ruined it a little for me. But it still meant a lot to be able to go 24 hours without any connection errors, computer errors or wrecking by self or traffic. I think all in all, this would be a good race to stop LFS at, and wait for one of the newer sims to come out. But good job Deko and anyone else who helped him with NDR.

BTW, I think GT1 traffic could of been a little nicer.
Quote from IsaacPrice :

If this post seems retarded/sissy then blame my lack of sleep. I'm sure I will man up soon

There's no shame in showing emotions. We're all human.

Tomek was a special character. I'm sure now my post a few months ago about him being a legend in simracing will ring true now although not in the way that I ever wanted. He will be missed by myself and by everyone who knew how talented he really was.

It was sad not to see his name on track and it was sad not to see .nv there either but I too, agree that moving on is the best thing to do in terms of simracing.

So for all of you here that I don't see on track again, I wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do from here. Whether it's LFS, iRacing, rFactor1/2 or whether [like me] you're waiting out on AC and will setup shop there.

This was my first 24h race and boy it was fun! Even though we finished 9th, I'm still very happy and probably this was the best round for me (I'm talking about stability and almost contact-less race, not pace). I hope commentators had fun trying to pronounce my surname. I will probably try to find these attempts later to have some laugh

Quote from Yuusei :I think all in all, this would be a good race to stop LFS at, and wait for one of the newer sims to come out.

No offence, but hell no. I will stay here as long as I can.
Actually those endurance races are probably the only reason why we are all still playing this game.
Please never use words "we all" as you cannot speak for everyone here. Thank you!
I don't know how likely it is I'll run a 12h or 24h race again for now, but definately will still consider a series with 3h-6h races, and maybe a 10h in it. It was too light for my tatstes on the admin + comms staffing, especially through the overnight and Sunday phases of the race.
Thanks for fun! I too will be moving to iR/rF2/AC, hope to see you guys advancing to other sims (as well as staying in LFS maybe).
+1 to Sean, except the iracing bit...
I'm moving to RBR, cya
Even if it was maybe the last 24h race in LFS, I gotta say I enjoyed it very much as it was my first one. The atmosphere in general was mostly positive and the racing was of really nice quality.

I also have to agree that I was struggling to find motivation to play LFS before and after this great season and an awesome 24h race has ended, at times I had to push myself pretty hard to practice. If the situation stays like this, then it is just the time to move on.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :Even if it was maybe the last 24h race in LFS, I gotta say I enjoyed it very much as it was my first one

Same with me. It was pretty good race for us and i was surprised when after 8 hours of racing we were in leaders lap. Ilari showed amazing pace.. I dont know why they gave up.. Im very sad because i started to race too late when everything is about to end.
Quote from Sobis :No offence, but hell no. I will stay here as long as I can.

Talking about myself.
#41 - CSF
i r goin 2 gp2
Really wasn't looking forward to this at first, had kinda given up on LFS recently, was just doing this to help my good friends at SAVAGE... But then practice time comes, and I don't care when the last tyre physics update was, or how many times I've driven this track in the past, competitive spirit comes back... And you remember why you loved that stuff in the first place...

Very enjoyable race, was great to fight with LLM and CoRe for the podium, kinda frustrating to end up in 4th in the end, but they probably had the upper-hand on pace, so no regrets. Was very nice to keep-up with former team-mates and rivals also, remembering the proverbial "good old times" and so on.

I didn't find the car count to be an issue at all personally, even though we were "only" in the high-10s at the end, our car was rarely truly on its own, as the GT2 field was always rather close, and the track was quite short for a 24H event.

HUGE kudos to the organisation, all the admins have been around for a long while, yet they somehow find the motivation to come back and do a top-notch job again and again. Even though they are not paid(some are probably losing a considerable amount of money over this actually), and maybe not really receiving the credit they deserve. Let's face it, without them, the community would be in a much worse state than it currently is. They should not put a single blame on themselves for the stream and server issues, nothing about this they could control.

Also really enjoyed the stream, for the little I've watched. Dom's a great commentator, epic knowledge of all things (sim-)racing, and his wry, self-depreciating sense of humour is pretty cool too. I liked those random racing references, like the (mid-1990s) World Touring Cup name-drop coming from nowhere, who would've thought?

Overall a very enjoyable experience, thanks again to my team-mates, competitors and all the staff. If despite the interest drops there are any other endurance races in the future I'd be definitely interested.
Quote from j@tko :i think i was also quite surprised that people weren't being more careful on the start anyway.... So yeah there's my logic behind giving those penalties out, as you can see you weren't the only one!

gotta go fast
Quote from momo92i :actually those endurance races are probably the only reason why we are all still playing this game.

+1
First of all, I would like to congratulate to the teams who finished the 2014 GT WS 24h race and express my appreciation to New Dimension Racing and to the admins, commentators, helpers who were working hard from round to round.
What You gentlemen just achieved in the history of LFS racing league organizers, "event providers" is just astonishing, a truly admirable accomplishment!

For me, this 24h round was my third 24h race in LFS. I can say proudly, that I was lucky enough to be a member in 3 different (sort of) teams on those 24h races.
- first time I was with the canadian Angry Angus Racing, supplemented with two of my hungarian friends,
- next time with a mixed group from AAR + Rony's Race Green Autosport + other racers around the globe, which resulted Green Angus Racing,
- and now with the kind hungarian AceX guys.

On these 3 events the common terminal was NDR. I hope that in the future this tradition' will be able to move on further somehow. If not, than we can always remember back to the good things - to good people - to good friends - to an exquisite simracer, IMOL.

I would like to show You a few pictures that I made after this final round.

Pre-race panorama
GT2 grid at the start
NDR is the best
Red flag
Ligthning fast acex (I was cheating here, just recreated the scenario, didn't use a race mpr)
Wody is on 2 wheels

Hope You like it.

ps. And by the way Deko is a beast - we can only be thankful to him.
wody21 the "red flag" pictures is very very good!
Quote from MoMo92i :Actually those endurance races are probably the only reason why we are all still playing this game.

no, actually paddi is the reason. <heart

Was sad to see CoRe 77 having to retire due to connections issues :s
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :
I also have to agree that I was struggling to find motivation to play LFS before and after this great season and an awesome 24h race has ended, at times I had to push myself pretty hard to practice.

Hmm, to me only the first stints were somewhat hard to start. After like 2 practice stints it became much more enjoyable and I had no trouble finding motivation. I was actually quite sad when I didn't have time to do a stint.
This race for me was absolutely fabulous. Even though I only did 3 stints in the #29 car, it felt so awesome and I wanted to drive for even more, just because it was so awesome to drive in the traffic and co-op with some of the GT2s on the field under certain overtaking circumstances

After this race, I'm in no hurry to play other sims at all (as I read from other comments)...LFS still feels so great for me and I'm currently (imo) at the point when I'm able to push myself to the limit and achieve great results, yet improve them. I hope to see Scawen implement as many new updates as possible in the near future..Forever LFS!

GT World Series 2014: Round 5 Race Discussion
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG