The online racing simulator
The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
(163 posts, started )
Might become a serious business.

Yeah first Gold for Deutschland
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Absolutely over the moon that Bjoerndalen won Gold, when I first got access to Eurosport I got to see Cross Country Skiing and Biathlon and he was one of the top guys, that was years ago and he's slowly dropped from the top spots since then.

However he's got himself now his 12th Olympic medal (7th Gold I think) fair play to him.

Yeah we were trilled about it too! He have struggled somewhat lately due to the fact he is becoming a older man. I think that with this OL, he can quit happily.

Too bad I do not have time to watch more sports these days, but anyhow, it was a french victory today?
Was watching him when I was young years ago, now I'm 22 and he's still got it.

Also, long story short:
In a skiing finale some days ago the norwegian Martin Johnsrud Sundby accidentically strayed over into Maxim Vylegsjanin path on the finish line. The russian team delivered a protest, claiming it to be non-fair and demanded Martin to get a DQ. At same time Martin admited that it was not fair play by any means, but that he was too tired to understand what really was going on at the end.

However, the russians was not satisfied. When the first protest got turned down, they protested again to the official skiing... what you call it, jury? Anyhow, it got turned down again, so now what? They tok it to higher courts! Jesus almighty, I don't know the transelation for this but basically it's now so high up in the system that it will be judged by people who normally judge criminals

Any thoughts about it? We can agree upon that it was not fair play, but when an athlet gives it all and really canot make up whats going on around him, is that cheating or is it like we call in it in motorsport, a "racing incident" ?

Edit: Trying to find a video of this.
Edit2: Cant find a god damn video of this <.< Also, Martin did get a written warning of the first jury, because of the situation, but it was concluded that it was not intentionally nad therfor DQ would be quite harsh.
Quote from The Very End :

Also, long story short:
In a skiing finale some days ago the norwegian Martin Johnsrud Sundby accidentically strayed over into Maxim Vylegsjanin path on the finish line. The russian team delivered a protest, claiming it to be non-fair and demanded Martin to get a DQ. At same time Martin admited that it was not fair play by any means, but that he was too tired to understand what really was going on at the end.

However, the russians was not satisfied. When the first protest got turned down, they protested again to the official skiing... what you call it, jury? Anyhow, it got turned down again, so now what? They tok it to higher courts! Jesus almighty, I don't know the transelation for this but basically it's now so high up in the system that it will be judged by people who normally judge criminals

Any thoughts about it? We can agree upon that it was not fair play, but when an athlet gives it all and really canot make up whats going on around him, is that cheating or is it like we call in it in motorsport, a "racing incident" ?

Edit: Trying to find a video of this.
Edit2: Cant find a god damn video of this <.< Also, Martin did get a written warning of the first jury, because of the situation, but it was concluded that it was not intentionally nad therfor DQ would be quite harsh.

+1. That's why I really sometimes hate russians. They basically cannot loose. It's, of course due to mentality which is formed, as a result of dark, soviet union period.
The other silly thing is - when they make a horrible conditions to their own athletes, so they are forced to go for a shelter to the other country and wins a medal or that country, russians are still proud as ****, by saying it's our product, we raised her/him' and etc, making an impression that informally this medal is won by Russia. LOL.

I guess it's good to be a norwegian these days when your athletes win medals every day. I really cheer for norwegians in biathlon, in particularly. Ole Einar Bjørndalen FTW! What an amazing athlete.

BTW, really pissed off by the fact that swiss with russian surname won gold medal in skateboard ramp thing. Ayumu HIRANO should have really won this. His performance was mindblowing. I thought he gets 95+ points, and got just 93,5 which left him in second place.
You mean the snowboard thingy right?
I did not watch it myself, but watched replays with some dannish commentaries, and they whent batshit I am not into scoring and so, but he did a tripple flip and only got awarded a little over 90 for it (guess 99 or 96 is max, cannot remember).

Edit: Ahh I was thinking of wrong person, sorry! Guess it was more people that got underscored in that event? :s
From what I've heard all the skiing/snowboarding events are having pretty poor scores because the snow is poor. During the day it's been up to 10 degrees Celsius, so the snow turns to slush and a lot of people fall.
#37 - troy
Quote from seniecka :
BTW, really pissed off by the fact that swiss with russian surname won gold medal in skateboard ramp thing. Ayumu HIRANO should have really won this. His performance was mindblowing. I thought he gets 95+ points, and got just 93,5 which left him in second place.

What has the surname to do with anything?

You also don't seem to understand that Iouri was pulling 2 tricks in that gold run which just one other Snowboarder in the world (Shaun White) was able to land in competition yet, that alone should give you an idea on how difficult his run was. While I agree that Ayumu was very stylish he was missing at least one of those big tricks and thats exactly why 6 judges out of different countries scored him lower on average.
Nationality has nothing to do with surnames... You can be born and grown up in a different country you know... no matter where your family comes from. It's not rocket science.
Quote from Rappa Z :From what I've heard all the skiing/snowboarding events are having pretty poor scores because the snow is poor. During the day it's been up to 10 degrees Celsius, so the snow turns to slush and a lot of people fall.

Sean white got 4th with a more than awful run... But the snow was pretty bad
Quote from Rappa Z :From what I've heard all the skiing/snowboarding events are having pretty poor scores because the snow is poor. During the day it's been up to 10 degrees Celsius, so the snow turns to slush and a lot of people fall.

Saw the Women Final, they all smashed into the crest of the last landing ramp, a Korean(?) girl had to be transported away on a vacuum mattress.
2 of the best teams in Hockey vs eachother and stadion half empty
Quote from seniecka :BTW, really pissed off by the fact that swiss with russian surname won gold medal in skateboard ramp thing. Ayumu HIRANO should have really won this. His performance was mindblowing. I thought he gets 95+ points, and got just 93,5 which left him in second place.

Iouri Podladtchikov all day, every day, woop!
Sochi, I'll sell you my snow
The uploader has desided the video not beeing able to watch in your country
Ah... Got a new message saying something like what I wrote, but I guess it's just youtube that has altered the standard message and made it look like it's the uploaders fault.

God damnit
Quote from The Very End :Ah... Got a new message saying something like what I wrote, but I guess it's just youtube that has altered the standard message and made it look like it's the uploaders fault.

God damnit

yup youtube is good at screwing over the youtubers

The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
(163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG