The online racing simulator
Quote from DeKo :Con-men implies they're taking our money and giving us nothing in return, which is clearly not the case no matter how deluded against iR you are.

No, a Con-man is someone who essentially promises one thing for a price and never fulfills that promise with the intention to never fulfill that promise. The fact iRacing claims to be a true simulator is the biggest con of them all.
the only con I see here is yourself being an "expert"
Quote from Mustangman759 :the only con I see here is yourself being an "expert"

and this is where this forum needs a like button

iR makes me open my wallet like a whore her thighs.
Quote from FireMike15 :[img/]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1653789_10152212650496085_449473427_n.jpg[/img]

iR makes me open my wallet like a whore her thighs.

Agree I bought the RUF, tested it (90% rwd 730hp street car) on various tracks for about ~30min and never touched it sinc, and newer will probably... same old iRacing - you drift you die
Money well spent:cookiemon
You do know you get all 4 versions of it when you buy 1 right? Take the track version for a spin, you'll fall in love.
I really love the C-Spec and the Track version. The other ones are kinda to tricky and overpowered tbh.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :You do know you get all 4 versions of it when you buy 1 right? Take the track version for a spin, you'll fall in love.

You mean you get 2 fake models that don't exist in reality? That's value for money right there.
All right, can we stop the heavy attacks on Iracing's pricing methods and so on?

BlueFlame, maybe you can do what I suggested to Dustin but he seems unable to control himself... just unsubscribe and keep out.

Some people aren't going to like Iracing. But this thread isn't for repetitive attacks. It's for LFS racers who are interested in Iracing to talk about it.
Quote from Scawen :All right, can we stop the heavy attacks on Iracing's pricing methods and so on?

BlueFlame, maybe you can do what I suggested to Dustin but he seems unable to control himself... just unsubscribe and keep out.

Some people aren't going to like Iracing. But this thread isn't for repetitive attacks. It's for LFS racers who are interested in Iracing to talk about it.

Scawen, this is excellent. I don't know how the sim-racing community in general descended into having such hatred for different titles (not just against iRacing, iR fans hate AC, a ton of people hate rFactor etc...). The fact that you let this discussion happen here rather than shutting it down through a fear of competition says a lot about you, thanks.
Quote from Scawen :

I think that's good advice.

But to clarify Deko there's only one game I dislike and that's iRacing. Everything else is entirely bearable.
Quote from BlueFlame :
But to clarify Deko there's only one game I dislike and that's iRacing. Everything else is entirely bearable.

Time to do everyone a favour and GTFO of this thread then.
Quote from Scawen :All right, can we stop the heavy attacks on Iracing's pricing methods and so on?

lol that looks like fun, damn why I always miss the action
Actually I quite enjoyed Radical with ntm5
We're hosting a star mazda race @ WG and then a nationwide @ charlotte race starting in 45 min (19 GMT), combined winner gets $50 iR credz, if you got nothing to do, hop on!
dirt.sto
Hey there guys!

I've been wondering about starting iRacing over again, although I can't say that I dug myself so deep into it last time, I'm getting more and more hooked on, despite the bad comments about tire model and the RUF, it still interests me at some point. The thing mostly brining me back is that you can get quality "pick-up" racing at any point of the day. In other sims you really have to be dedicated to scheduled leagues and not even be sure about getting decent head-to head racing.

How much does it cost to build up a sort of Road "Career"? I'm mostly into GT racing, so I would of course love to participate in one of those leagues. I'm especially interested about the cars and tracks needed to run the season and have most out of it. Every time I think about it, it's the excessive ammoun of money needed to spend on content if I wanted to take it one bit serious. Can someone sum me up the costs of it?

P.S: I'm not sure if I left at C or D, if you have an active subscription, do you mind checking it for me? Thanks
Haven't played in a while, but my number 1 beef with iRacing on the road side was course selection. I felt like every time I purchased a track, it was only good for 2-3 weeks a season (and I had a lot of cars) and then the next season it would be even less useful because new tracks would be added that got priority placement over the old tracks. I wish there was a way they could add more tracks in one season so that I could actually drive the ones I own.

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG