The online racing simulator
I agree with phil, I can see that happening for sure.
Quote from Rappa Z :Also, won't the order they line up in to start the session (assuming they are all going right out at the start) be critical to deciding who gets the fastest lap down?

Yes, I don't know how many times I've looked at practice session charts and saw the top 3 or 4 times set on the opening laps of the session for one reason or another at intermediate tracks.

NASCAR's really just trying too hard, when even the core fan base just wants the product to revert to what it used to be with a few small adjustments like the new simple points system and a possible larger bonus for wins.
Idiots
No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Death of NASCAR as we know it, here we come. If they think that's what the fans want, they must be listening to the fans of another sport. :/
Guess who will watch only the Daytona races, Spring Martinsville race(already had tickets), Bristol Night Race, last few laps of Talladega races, and the final few laps of the final race?

The same person who hasn't missed a race in 10 years.
I'm not that kind. Sure, I may hate the way they go with everything, but I've never really seen it as enough of a reason to stop watching. Life is boring without NASCAR for me.
I will keep watching (at least the last 20 laps) because the racing will generally be the same, but the Championship is just a farce to me.
I guess I look at it in a different way. I always have had NASCAR to fall back upon if nothing else on Sundays or Saturdays, but I always have enjoyed it for the championship chase more so than the individual race.

Individual races lose integrity with me with the fake debris cautions and cautions for the most innocent of incidents (involving no contact a few times even). Add on top of that a championship that feels fabricated in an even more severe way to my mind, and the whole series has lost almost all of it's value. The only thing going for it is familiarity, and the arenas which continue to shrink on a yearly basis and become more barren.

It's not like NASCAR is the only motor racing series. I would like to understand Formula 1 more, and I'd like to get more familiar with Indy Car. Indy Car is still rather pure (despite push to pass), and I greatly appreciate that. Indy Car has gained at least one set of eye balls over this. Formula 1 will also likely see me tuning in more often despite my grievances with that series.
Welcome to NASCAR, now that we own a proper race series now(Tudor) may I suggest everyone that has a brain to head there while the rest of the below 70IQ crowd enjoy some bumper to bumper farce driving.
Sanctioned by IMSA
I thought this would be to draw in casual viewers, but honestly if you exaplain it to anyone beyond "Four drivers go head to head for the title in the last race" (which is what NASCAR will inevitably brand it as) then they realize how stupid it is. I explained to a friend, who has never watched any car race before, that NASCAR was going to do 'playoffs' and the first thing he said was "why would you implement something built for 1v1 style sports into a series where everyone participates in every event?" He will probably never watch a race his whole life and he still gets it.

Maybe (hopefully) this is just another step towards IndyCar returning to #1 again.
yup... NW and IndyCar championships were quite close last year with a full season championship.... don't get why sprint cup is any different.
Quote from Rappa Z :Maybe (hopefully) this is just another step towards IndyCar returning to #1 again.

This is the only thing that could ever get NASCAR to open their eyes probably. I'm rooting for it and aiding it. Might look into a Pocono or Indy trip this year
Quote from Cornys :This is the only thing that could ever get NASCAR to open their eyes probably. I'm rooting for it and aiding it. Might look into a Pocono or Indy trip this year

I recommend Pocono, facilities are great there. I want to go back myself for the 500. I have gone to the 2012 1st cup race,in 2013 indycar race, arca and trucks.
Indycar was my favorite race, although arca was an unforgettable one due to being able to get in victory lane
The main question is how much nascar fans are true non gimmick racing fans, the times have changed and this sector of the fans has been the part thats dominished the most.
Quote from Mustafur :The main question is how much nascar fans are true non gimmick racing fans, the times have changed and this sector of the fans has been the part thats dominished the most.

True, but with the true race fans gone who is going to bring in people who are in it just for the excitement? The excitement people come and go, but the true fans do not and keep bringing people with them. I contributed at least 9 fans directly over the last few years all of them watched most of the races all of last year.

The thing is, even the excitement fans are not completely in favor of it, but sadly that might change once time goes by and this thing comes to life.

I'm curious what would happen if NASCAR went to a full season champion, added 7 more bonus points to the winner of each race, and cut the schedule back to 30 races in 2015. They said it's still on the table for major changes to the schedule that year. This, and the cup races wouldn't compete with the NFL much if any.

Also, under this new system once you're eliminated you return to your pre-chase points total unless you make the ( ) Final Four.
ROTY battle should be good, Larson, Dillon, Kliggerman, Whitt?, Algaier. Anyone I miss?
NASCAR's viewership IS down 34 (yes, thirty four) percent though from ten years ago. Part of that's the economy but the sport was a better sport ten years ago (04-05).

You had decent racing. You had cars that LOOKED better and a new title sponsor (Nextel. Which I STILL dislike) and NASCAR ringing the bells of change from 03 to 04.
I don't think that Dale's death was the begin of NASCAR's decline. I think it was a bunch of little things starting in 2004 with the chase, and just mismanagement of the sport by NASCAR it's self. The viewership levels in 2004 - 2005 were not sustainable by any means, but more than 66% of it was. They went the wrong direction, and some things were out of their control like the driver's personalities being put down by sponsors (and NASCAR at times). I don't think management is in touch with it's fan base at NASCAR, and probably hasn't been for a few years at least.
Knee-jerk reactions and bandaids. The source for many declines and failures.
Quote from PMD9409 :Knee-jerk reactions and bandaids. The source for many declines and failures.

Edit: Also, this from ESPN

Quote :"If you see all these guys in a line on the racetrack, you think they aren't racing that hard," Edwards observed. "That's what NASCAR has been trying to address. The cars are so dependent on aerodynamics, such that I can't get sometimes to the guy in front of me. He's making a wake in the air and he's ruining my aerodynamic advantage. Even if my car is faster, I basically can't get to him because I lose my ability to corner fast. No matter how much you make a position worth or a win worth, if you can't get to a guy, there are going to be long periods of the race where it's difficult to pass.

"The test we had at Charlotte [with cars racing in packs using different ride heights and aerodynamic configurations] was awesome," he added. "The format was good, and I think we need to do more of that to try and make the actual racing better. In my opinion, they need to continue to work on less downforce and less dependence on aerodynamic devices. When I go back and watch YouTube videos of races in the past, there were guys running all over each other at big racetracks, and I don't think they were relying on big splitters and spoilers."

Keselowski, the 2012 Sprint Cup champion, shared a similar perspective.

"People like to say, 'Let's put a million dollars on the line at the All-Star Race and see if they all wreck each other,'" he said. "That's not how it works. When you're racing as hard as you can already, you can't create another set of rules to change that. When you're fighting stuff like aerodynamic things on mile-and-a-half racetracks, you can't get close enough to wreck somebody. You can't contrive that.

"From a driver perspective, there's nothing left," Keselowski continued. "There is no set of rules that can make me race harder than I already do. You might not take as big of a risk when you're fighting for 14th or 15th place -- you're just trying to maximize your day -- but when it comes down to fighting for a win, I feel confident that everyone at the Cup level is going to take it."

Edit2: Oh, and if you feel strongly enough about anything, please e-mail NASCAR at: fanfeedback@nascar.com
They could use some more fan feedback from people who know something about racing.
Well, they took integrity out of the championship, and put it back into the penalty process. Can't get the best of both worlds.
Jeb Burton wilk drive for ThorSport for Daytona Truck race. Also rumors Johanna Long and Burton will drive for JR motorsports

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG