The online racing simulator
Finally my PC upgrades are coming this Friday, which will probably kill the 3 times a turn FPS drop. Then finally I can do some rape action on RSR Leaderboard Currently, I can hardly see the track at all...
Quote from kars19 :try 107% in profiler, and 70% in game thats how I roll

Finally beat one of my 0.4 pb's
http://www.radiators-champ.com ... nk&track=2&car=61

That's similar to me but I have to reduce profiler to 100% in some cars as it causes oscillations.

I tried the E30 drift with lowered gain at 40 and it was easier to recover from slides as there wasn't such a strong force to fight, but you do give up overall feel/weight. To me though it feels like the countersteering force lasts too long at the end of the slide, think I may post about it on there official forums.
I just have no idea how you people can drift with these wheels, at least with DFGT it's impossible to spin it that fast to recover from a big slide or to drift, i can powerslide a bit and catch some early snap, but that's it..
You have to be rough with the wheel. Or you can try to drift smoothly(which is harder). The easier the drifting looks from the outside, the longer it took to master
Quote from Boris Lozac :I just have no idea how you people can drift with these wheels, at least with DFGT it's impossible to spin it that fast to recover from a big slide or to drift, i can powerslide a bit and catch some early snap, but that's it..

Use the fast rack
Quote from Hojo81 :That's similar to me but I have to reduce profiler to 100% in some cars as it causes oscillations.

I tried the E30 drift with lowered gain at 40 and it was easier to recover from slides as there wasn't such a strong force to fight, but you do give up overall feel/weight. To me though it feels like the countersteering force lasts too long at the end of the slide, think I may post about it on there official forums.

The force should actually HELP you with the drifting and not prevent it. There is no force to fight if you are doing the weight shifting right.
Does anyone know if 0.6 is due this Friday? Facebook hasn't been updated with media like they usually do prior to release.
Probably not then.
Well, we can only hope there will be something on Friday. That means 1 step closer to Multiplayer. It's always good to know
I thought the profile picture changed this week
Quote from Kristi :The force should actually HELP you with the drifting and not prevent it. There is no force to fight if you are doing the weight shifting right.

Yes this is a true, but on my wheel a Driving Force GT, even with a smooth weight transition there's lots of resistance to fight at the end of the drift unless it's totally perfect, this makes correcting any decent angled drift difficult. In real cars I find it easier to correct at the end of the drift as the wheel works with me.

Could it be that my wheel isn't fast enough and I'm getting slightly delayed forces at the wheel at the most critical time? from most videos I've seen they are using G25/27s or TS500s or Fanatecs all have lower latency as far as I know.
Even my T500 feels aawkward at the slide recovery. The slide initiates pretty well, but even so the recovery just doesn't feel like a real car.

http://youtu.be/KinpdPM-l3g
Quote from atledreier :Even my T500 feels aawkward at the slide recovery. The slide initiates pretty well, but even so the recovery just doesn't feel like a real car.

http://youtu.be/KinpdPM-l3g

Wow! your T500 spins so fast! way way faster than my DFGT. Looks like you can drift at some good angles and let go of the wheel to self correct fast, my wheel just doesn't react like that, recovery still looks rather difficult though.
Yeah, it's easy and intuitive to catch the slide, but the recovery is awkward at best.

Look at the recovery in my real car,it's just effortless and intuitive...

http://youtu.be/0JgIK2eUZFI
No problems with g27 feedback either, drifting in AC is easy as in LFS
I use same ffb settings for drifting/racing
sucks that I don't know how to do picture in picture video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... UJaQ&feature=youtu.be

edit: awesome drifting MrTeeh
Well... "Just as good as LFS" ... I'd prefer to compare to real life, where getting out of the drift feels more intuitive.

I do agree there's an element of skill involved, and I've drifted alot more in real life than I have in the sim so far, so there's that... :-) But LFS still feels more intuitive and "right" to me so far.
From my experience what I've drifted IRL with my S13 (street tyres) and Skyline (semi-slicks) I actually think the AC tyre model feels more correct at all times compared to the overly forgiving and overly smooth LFS.

The only part where I have something to complain about the AC physics is to got something to do with the suspension and ultra-low speed vehicle physics relating to mass. When you come to a quick stop from low speed in AC, the mass of the car seems wrong as it just suddenly halts without any body movement, almost like a huge RC car. Some bumps when bottoming out the suspension (especially on the standard Z4) also look a bit strange sometimes, but oddly enough they don't feel weird when actually driving.
I agree that LFS is overly forgiving, and that is a combination of many factors, no small part the mathematically smooth track surfaces. I like the bite of the AC model, but wether it's FFB or tire model or something else, the slide recovery end up in tankslappers far more often than in real life.
On the subject of oversteer, I can't be the only one that thinks the drift-spec e30 plus semi-slick tyres multiplied by Joux Plane = the best combo in the game. Desk punchingly frustrating mind you. I've been attempting the reverse direction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twn0WosK_fA

ps: I have an HD7770 1GB, so where, in your opinions, would the range of cards actually worth upgrading to begin? (What's the minimum spend, realistically, for it to be worthwhile?)
Quote from sinbad :ps: I have an HD7770 1GB, so where, in your opinions, would the range of cards actually worth upgrading to begin? (What's the minimum spend, realistically, for it to be worthwhile?)

I came from an hd 7770 1gb and now have the HD 7970 3GB (which is like 250 euro's) which is a good step up. Definatly worth it. I wouldn't go any lower than that tough to avoid disappointment.
How do I proceed when I want to install AC twice on different HDD using Steam?

Let's say there's going to be quantum of mods which will interfere online gaming so I will have to have a separate install for multiplayer races...

This just came to my mind this evening. I think it's not so easy with Steam.
Maik did a tremendous tribute to Tomek right after tragic news were published, but somehow, as an editor I felt a responsibility to do a tribute video by my own, as well. It's no doubt that it has been a big honor to meet our Tomek, to race along with him, to chat with him and to share common values - simracing and motorsport, in general.
I would like to steal some precious time from you and invite you to take a look at my project, which I dedicate to our Senna, our friend - Tomek.

This is Assetto Corsa based project. Driven around Tomek's most favourite track - Imola with powerful Ferrari 599XX. Enjoy.

THE ITALIAN DRIVE
(edited by Skirmantas Stankevičius)
Quote from seniecka :Maik did a tremendous tribute to Tomek right after tragic news were published, but somehow, as an editor I felt a responsibility to do a tribute video by my own, as well. It's no doubt that it has been a big honor to meet our Tomek, to race along with him, to chat with him and to share common values - simracing and motorsport, in general.
I would like to steal some precious time from you and invite you to take a look at my project, which I dedicate to our Senna, our friend - Tomek.

This is Assetto Corsa based project. Driven around Tomek's most favourite track - Imola with powerful Ferrari 599XX. Enjoy.

THE ITALIAN DRIVE
(edited by Skirmantas Stankevičius)

I know Phil Diaz has teh replay of Tomeks lap with the GT3 Z4 around Imola, maybe worth asking him for it.

Edit : didn't read the last bit... yea... that bit with the huge text...
Quote from atledreier :Well... "Just as good as LFS" ... I'd prefer to compare to real life, where getting out of the drift feels more intuitive.

I do agree there's an element of skill involved, and I've drifted alot more in real life than I have in the sim so far, so there's that... :-) But LFS still feels more intuitive and "right" to me so far.

I could be way off base here, but would the steering geometry of different vehicles make quite a big difference to what you'd feel in your wheel when recovering slides? Or is that not a big factor compared to others?

Quote from Matrixi :
The only part where I have something to complain about the AC physics is to got something to do with the suspension and ultra-low speed vehicle physics relating to mass. When you come to a quick stop from low speed in AC, the mass of the car seems wrong as it just suddenly halts without any body movement, almost like a huge RC car.

This is a known issue - the physics engine actually STOPS when you slow almost to a stop, and when you slam on the brakes all the way to a stop the physics cut out before rebound occurs.

I have no idea in the world why the physics aren't just running all the time but hey...

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG