The online racing simulator
Best current FPS games?
(22 posts, started )
#1 - ajp71
Best current FPS games?
What are peoples recommendations on the modern crop of FPS games?

I've recently upgraded my PC to a modernish spec with GTX 660 so now I should be able to play the modern games.

I've got TF2 and L4D2, like both of them but after something a bit less cartoony, only interested in multiplayer and not too keen on massive vehicle dominated maps, want something that is easy to pick up and play as I don't have much time for playing games.

My all time favourite FPS was MOHAA, brilliant online and nice simple gameplay mechanic. I also enjoyed BF2 and COD:WAW, but they were never as much fun as MOHAA.

I'm not really sure if BF4 is easy to pick up or has non-vehicle dominated maps/servers and I'm put off the current COD games having tried, and not really enjoyed, the first Black Ops on PS3.
America's army proving grounds

can't suggest arma 3 if you don't have time XD
Well cs:go, and bf3/4, with 3 maybe slightly better..
cs 1.2 , still modern
I would try CS:GO. It's £12 at the moment but usually goes down to about a fiver at sale time.
#6 - Jakg
BF3 has no "infantry only" mode than anyone uses (by comparison to BF2).
There are infantry only servers, what you on about.
#8 - Jakg
Quote from Boris Lozac :There are infantry only servers, what you on about.

Whenever I've tried to play it I've never found a populated Infantry Only server?
Quote from Jakg :Whenever I've tried to play it I've never found a populated Infantry Only server?

look for the "team death match" servers. the canals are very popular with that.
Counter Strike...
Best FPS game?
There's a difference?
the new insurgency.. its brilliant!
That one where all the burly white dudes machine-gun all the foreigners for being a bit foreign.
Quote from Crashgate3 :That one where all the burly white dudes machine-gun all the foreigners for being a bit foreign.

Nice
As CodeLyoko said, Arma will definitely reward you if you put in the time.

How good is the GTX 660? I was thinking about getting one for my home PC, just a pain in the ass because I need to get a new PSU as well.
I too can recommend ArmA, allthough part 3 is better in every aspect, from gameplay to optimisation. The only downside is that instead of contemporary weapons, thay have a slight Sci-Fi scenario, about 20 years in the future. Still very realistic.

I can also recommend Insurgency.
If you're more fon of WW2, the Red Orchestra 2 is worth a look.

If you like more "arcade" kind of FPS games, there's
Far Cry 3
Planetside 2 (F2P MP shooter, with vehicles, but not as abundant as inthe BF series)
Quote from ColeusRattus :Planetside 2 (F2P MP shooter, with vehicles, but not as abundant as inthe BF series)

ps2 is worse with vehicles than bf, since bf has a limit of ±2 tanks and ±2 aircrafts or so. Planetside has like attacks of 40 tanks and 10 aircrafts. on foot you are ****ed there
allright. haven't sunk much time into it, and I think in the 5-6 matched I played, I only encountered 3 vehicles.
Red orchestra 2 <3
Did RO2 get better? I really liked the original but never got on with the second one. Plus I had an annoying intermittent fault that would disconnect me from servers and everyone just ran into walls.

Best current FPS games?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG