The online racing simulator
Just want to thank you guys for all the help but I finally got my wheel setup properly (G25)

Heres the settings I'm using.

On the left hand side put everything except gain at 0%. Give that a try and if you want those "effects" then adjust as needed.
Quote from sil3ntwar :On the left hand side put everything except gain at 0%. Give that a try and if you want those "effects" then adjust as needed.

No need, everything is now tweaked to my liking
Quote from Zac86 :No need, everything is now tweaked to my liking

Sorry totally misread your original post

I find all of those effects a bit of a pain. Makes my wheel rattle around without actually doing anything useful.
Well, I know it's your personal preference, but I'd rather set the Kerb effects high and the road effects lower. Those microbumps from laserscanned tracks kill my FFB on straights. Feels awkard really, not sure if it's cause of my 90% Gain though.
I think the FFB is lacking in AC, dunno why it's so hard to get a proper setting?

I'm using the following with my DFGT, eliminates most of the wobbling when idling and on straights. Combined with 80% overall effects in profiler on 900deg rotation.

I do like to feel some road effects but they tend to overpower everything else, kerb effects feel good
Attached images
acwheelsettings.png
Everyone with completelly different settings It would be helpfull if we had any idea what any of those things do, like slip effects and other randomly named stuff.
Any option with the suffix "Effects" can be safely set to 0 without detriment to the actual FFB as they are exactly what they say, added effects brought in by popular request. They mostly just add in vibrations and bumps that one would feel all around and not necessarily on the steering column. They're not so much canned or scripted as they do have correspondence with what is going on in the physics engine, it's just that they normally wouldn't be forces transferred via the steering column to your wheel.

The 3 main options you should concern yourselves that correspond to the actual FFB are Gain, Filter and Damping. Filter is used to reduce clipping, it culls off spikes and damping as expected applies an envelope to the FFB making it more "mellow".
i drive with this settings
also in windows im using 660deg and 90%ffb
Attached images
ac settings.jpg
I always wondered about the difference between Filter and Damping. They are mathematically the same thing.... I wish game devs could call their functions what they actually are instead of some generic "thing".
Well what does the global device dampening actually do? Is it just FFB smoothing?
Dampening has a hard impact on how the wheel feels when you go off-road. The more damping you have, the softer the wheel becomes in gravel.
How is that different from filtering?

Highpass and lowpass, maybe? Filter is a highpass, it takes the rattle out, and damping takes out the slower oscillations? How does that affect the wanted "feel"?
Quote from atledreier :How is that different from filtering?

Highpass and lowpass, maybe? Filter is a highpass, it takes the rattle out, and damping takes out the slower oscillations? How does that affect the wanted "feel"?

Doesn't damping also add "force" when there would be none, though? As far as I can tell they both do similar things, but damping narrows the range from both ends of the scale of FFB, to the point where you get a wheel with the same numb resistance at all times, whilst filter seems to narrow it from the top down, removing the "spikes" first, to the point where there is no resistance or ffb at all, regardless of gain setting..
Ok, so damping is a true force, then. Inverse of the rotational speed, maybe? Probably something simple like that. And filter is a normal lowpass filter, I guess.
I must have these filters turned off, I get passed on both the high side and low side all the time!
yes that was a really really lame joke...
I just like to figure out what the settings ACTUALLY do, instead of relying on some friendly name. That makes it much easier to know what to look for when setting them.

See, damping will reduce rattle, but it's not the primary function of the effect. Filter will be a much less intrusive way of filtering out the rattle and leaving the other forces alone. But someone experimenting by observation alone will try the damping and see the rattle diminish, and maybe not immediately notice the slower response and other ill effects the damoing has.
The proper way of setting the FFB up is still setting the Gain to a desired level, and if it clips then softly start reducing Gain until the clipping is gone, vice-versa. Those settings seem pretty useless in my mind. The effects are pretty nice though.
ye i was wondering about crashes,coz i can not flip any car..
Yes i'm totally downloading that, waiting 45 seconds to give me the link, unziping it, put it in the appropriate folder, loading it in the game and finding the exact moment at the end
Anybody tried the Formula Abarth Challenge on Monza? I am literally pulling my hair out at the moment the AI is that bad... Can't get a decent set together for it either worst Sim experience of my life!

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG