The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
Could easily be the case and it might not be a bad thing, problem is that Brawn is commited to at least a six month break so nothing meaningful for 2014. More likely a stay of execution for Whitmarsh and a demand for big results. The outcome of this will determine the future F1 team management structure.
Kobayashi-Ericsson at Caterham with Frijns as spare driver. (99%)

VDG, Pic and Kova are out for F1 races - and career i reckon.
VDG has been confirmed as the reserve driver for Sauber in 2014.
Kobayshi deserves a second chance, problem is, its the car that doesn't really give him one.

The new regs should mix it up though they might suprise and do something impresive.
Quote from ChristijaNL :Kobayashi-Ericsson at Caterham with Frijns as spare driver. (99%)

That trio is now official, with Alex Rossi as a second spare driver
What's the point in a reserve driver? It's basically someone who can't quite afford a full drive so will drive 25% of Fp1's and then when it comes to a circumstance when the team needs a stand in replacement they will go hire someone else (like we saw with Lotus). It's a complete farce and while I know Valsecchi wasn't paying for his drive, he did enough to warrant the stand in role but instead it was given to Kovalainen who made a fool of himself.

Good to see Kobayashi back, hopefully the Caterham won't be a complete dog and can actually contest for points, but this is wishful thinking to the highest degree. I now see Marussia and Caterham in particular as the place drivers go to see their career die.

At least Frijns is back in the fold, but has missed out on the Gp2 drive with the Caterham squad to Rossi and Haryanto, which is a ridiculous decision given Frijns wins everything he's put in.

I wonder if Kobayashi will let the fans vote for his number since they're the ones paying for his seat?
Really happy to see Kamui back in F1, even if it's only Caterham. (Though who knows... given all the rule changes they might have a legit shot at getting up the midfield.)
I want dat as wallpaper.
Yes, when you look from the side you don't see the penis front nose. But the paint scheme looks good & unique
You can see the penis nose though - there is a shadow on the nose where it goes from normal to penis. So whilst lots of people are raving about how amazing it looks, they'll change their tune when the camera is moved.

I was confident we'd get used to the ultra wide front wings, and the narrow rear wings, and the narrow track, and the stepped floors, and the shark fins. And we did. Hell, we even sort of got used to the grooved dry tyres. But I don't think we'll get used to this, so like the stepped noses that got covered up, I expect the nose regs to change somewhat for 2015.
Quote from tristancliffe :You can see the penis nose though - there is a shadow on the nose where it goes from normal to penis. So whilst lots of people are raving about how amazing it looks, they'll change their tune when the camera is moved.

Yep...

Source
ty oli
we will get used to any wacky new design if everyone goes in that direction.

just sayin...
Did you get used to the step noses before they covered (most of) them up? I didn't.

Did you get used to the wide front wing and narrow rear? I did, before the first race. They weren't pretty, but they weren't all that offensive really.

I personally think these noses are going to much more like the former than the latter, and they will try to rectify it for 2015 with a tweak of regs - perhaps not allowing sudden changes in CSA, or mandating a larger 'tip' CSA. No doubt sweepy smooth noses look better than weird bumps and protrusions.

Maybe it's just me though.
Quote from tristancliffe :Did you get used to the step noses before they covered (most of) them up? I didn't.

Did you get used to the wide front wing and narrow rear? I did, before the first race. They weren't pretty, but they weren't all that offensive really.

I personally think these noses are going to much more like the former than the latter, and they will try to rectify it for 2015 with a tweak of regs - perhaps not allowing sudden changes in CSA, or mandating a larger 'tip' CSA. No doubt sweepy smooth noses look better than weird bumps and protrusions.

Maybe it's just me though.

i got used to the stepped noses tbh, but if there are a few cars that dont go with a generic design it takes longer to get used to it.

Look at indycars fugly cars, they ugly as sin but everyone is used to it now.
I'd take slanted noses over those fugly stepped noses anyway. it's a step in the right direction.
This isn't the final livery, but it is the final car...

I am pretty sure the FIA could mandate actual Dildos to be attached to the front of all cars and a certain percentage of viewers would say "I got used to it, and now think it looks pretty good". If you take the mid-section of the car with their smooth proportioned angles, yes they look good, but my word they are ugly.

Compared to this especially. A few tweaks of the regulations could bring cars to look similar to this.

Wider track.
Mandate nose section must have parallel sides in plan view from axle line forwards with a minimum width of x (say 250mm) apart from within 60mm from the 'tip' which must be a smooth radii.

Or something.

Oh, and make Pirelli's logo much less prominent like the Goodyear logo in in the above photo. On black wheels they look amazing. Hope F1 never goes to boy racer big wheels.
Which rule is responsible for the flaccid penis on the nose?
Quote from aoun :Which rule is responsible for the flaccid penis on the nose?

Rule 69
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG