The online racing simulator
On another note:

Anyone feels that on the E90 M3 and the Z4, the suspension behavior is pretty weird when it's almost fully compressed, like it goes from a linear spring rate to a perfectly made bumpstop, it just reaches its limit travel and absorbed all the body movement without rebounding.
I find this game very undriveable right now. understeers like mad and I cant get the FFB right on my G25.
Post your FFB and wheel settings..
Gotta say I'm impressed with this new patch, for example I wasn't able to enjoy any of the Ferraris on the previous version but now for some reason they seem much more manageable for me.

I do notice some more understeer but it only happens for me when I expect it to understeer
Yes! Now I have driven AC!

Just one question left.. what is all the fuzz about? Original cars and tracks are something perfectly nice.. but those physics..

I'll be with you LFS till the very last day... Go realism!
Quote from danielroelofs :Yes! Now I have driven AC!

Just one question left.. what is all the fuzz about? Original cars and tracks are something perfectly nice.. but those physics..

Have you try the e30 .. ?

LOL... Like LFS is so realistic at everything. GTR's smoothly driving over those high curbs @ Fern Bay without any suspension damage etc... Try going over high curbs in AC with the M3 GT2 and see what happens, you're lucky if you can get the car together and keep on driving. Then talk about realism.

Just because LFS feels nice it doesn't mean it's totally realistic.
Quote from danielroelofs :what is all the fuzz about? Original cars and tracks are something perfectly nice.. but those physics..

Exactly my thoughts. Plus I'm still a bit sceptic about multiplayer - how it's gonna work and if it won't be 2nd NKP...
([conspiration mode]And why they don't realease it now? Don't want to lose potential buyers?[/conspiration mode])
-
(kars19) DELETED by kars19
LFS still beats AC in clutch physics, low speed physics (3,7km/h), and tire flex (visual), + tire flat spotting

But overval driving feel is better in AC imho, and AC has much more nicer street cars in much bigger variety (I am not talking about visuals but pure driving feel)
ye but lfs is alpha for 20 years now

Funny how all the cars that are real in LFS are the ones that drives like a pile of turd. RAC, MRT, BF1 etc. Fantasy cars drives great, ofcourse because you can throw w/e physics on them and nobody can say "THAT DRIVES FAKE!!2111"
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :cars that are real in LFS are the ones that drives like a pile of turd. RAC, MRT, BF1 etc.

Well,I'd say that RAC handles pretty well,considering it's made by the drunkest nation of the world...
MRT - tiny chassey,relatively high centre of weight,grippy tyres... You don't really expect elegant driving from this combination?
BF1 - let's face it,I don't believe that any of modern era F1 cars drives "nicely" anyway.
etc. - I guess it's FBM and it isn't that bad,isn't it? Of course it's not that much fun with a moped engine and lot's of grip.

And it's hard to imagine,that most of simracers have ever driven real counterparts of the majority of AC cars,so it's quite hard to justice them too. And it's hard to believe those Lotus-owners saying "I drove my car in AC and it feels so real",as it's a huge chance that they're only previous experience with simulated driving was GT4 on Playstation.
RAC is cool handles similar to Lotus Elise, only letdown is uncharismatic/boring SAAB turbo engine, and it's the only mid engine street car in LFS, while AC has 10 mid engine street cars (not including 'stage' variations) and 90% off them drive nicer then RAC
In all honestness, my statement is made basically on the roadcars and GT cars in LFS. I don't care much about the formula cars.

Quote :LOL... Like LFS is so realistic at everything. GTR's smoothly driving over those high curbs @ Fern Bay without any suspension damage etc... Try going over high curbs in AC with the M3 GT2 and see what happens, you're lucky if you can get the car together and keep on driving. Then talk about realism.

Just because LFS feels nice it doesn't mean it's totally realistic.

I'm not saying LFS is so realistic in everthing.. just saying that I think it's miles ahead of AC when it comes to realism. Besides, from all the sims i know, LFS is by far the best.

There is one other matter I take into the equation.. setuping. It's not just purely by the way the car handles in-game, but just as much by the realism I think is noticable in a realistic way when changes, and even small changes, are done to the setup. Even after all these miles... I am still stunned by the feeling of my car/wheel for example when you do Caster changes. Where as I got the slight opinion that even if you put caster at minus 10 degrees in AC, it doesnt matter much for the turnability as the cars have so much understeer not one tire would last 1 lap..

And as the RAC is one of my favourite cars.. I do think it can handle pretty well when you've found a decent setup working for you

It is just that I heard many stories about AC in a positive way.. and from some people who i regard as reliable in their opinion about realism, telling me it is not as good as LFS but not very far behind. Now since I drove it I was quite disappointed.
Quote from eclipsed :well,i'd say that rac handles pretty well,considering it's made by the drunkest nation of the world...

Quote from danielroelofs :

I'm not saying LFS is so realistic in everthing.. just saying that I think it's miles ahead of AC when it comes to realism.

What's weird about his statement? LFS is still way ahead.
Quote from danielroelofs : ...as the cars have so much understeer not one tire would last 1 lap..

what understeer dude? maybe your driving is wrong the most 'understeery' midengine car in AC as they say...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQr6M2YKk8
And remember that in LFS you can setup your streetcar like a racecar (minus the tires/wings)
Quote from Bose321 :What's weird about his statement? LFS is still way ahead.

10 years ago

We are in 2014 not 2004
Quote from Bose321 :What's weird about his statement? LFS is still way ahead.

Um, no it's not.
Clearly it still has some way to go comparing to LFS but I see improvement with every new version. Assetto Corsa easily has a chance here to fulfill the massive potential that LFS in my opinion hasn't.
Even with current physics LFS sill would be the best sim if it had laserscanned tracks or great fantasy tracks, or maybe ripped ones like Joux Plane (I can imagine the fun driving there with LX6), so we can enjoy the awesome ffb more interesting cars fantasy/real/mods (not the horrible vob mods) updated visuals, its 2014 not 2004...

but who knows... maybe some day/year Scawen will finish the tire physics and then we will get the new content and updated graphics and LFS will rule the simracing world
Quote :Even with current physics LFS sill would be the best sim if it had laserscanned tracks, so we can enjoy the awesome ffb more interesting cars fantasy/real/mods (not the horrible vob mods) updated visuals, its 2014 not 2004...

Yes, original tracks and cars, graphics.. yes those are definitely outdated. Anyway I personally dont really care about that much in a sim. But indeed the physics.. glad you now recognize the quality of them

To explain what I mean.

Watch from 1.02 min.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scdjJBXKGqw

And also the video of the lotus... but thats not ingame i assume? It's not my thing... let's put it that way than, I personally wouldn't define it otherwise than arcade.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG