The online racing simulator
Logitech G27 H-pattern issue
(20 posts, started )
Hi,

So I recently did a reinstall of Windows 7, and today I reinstalled LFS. (I've also installed the Logitech Profiler)

When I went in the game, I set up all the settings required to supposedly make the H-pattern shifting work (Gear shift set to shifter, automatic clutch off etc.) but I can't make the H-pattern work. I checked if the gears were set correctly, and they were, by default. When I switched the gears in the menu, the game detects it, but when you go driving, shifting has no affect at all (yes, I pressed the clutch and also checked that it's working).

I also checked some other threads regarding G27 but none of them helped. Has anyone had the same issue, perhaps?

Yesterday I was playing rFactor 2 and the shifter worked fine.
Were you trying it in a car with H-pattern gearbox or was the car sequential?
Quote from Whiskey :Were you trying it in a car with H-pattern gearbox or was the car sequential?

I feel so stupid now xd

I tried it on an MRT. So if I understood correctly you can only use the H-pattern with those cars using it?
Correct. For cars like the MRT (that use a sequential gearbox) you need to have an upshift and a downshift button (paddles) assigned.
Quote from RandomnessInside :I feel so stupid now xd

Don't worry mate, I'm sure pretty much everybody has made the same mistake. It is even worse when you already know how it works and still fail haha
Quote from Whiskey :Don't worry mate, I'm sure pretty much everybody has made the same mistake. It is even worse when you already know how it works and still fail haha

Indeed. xD

I guess the thread can be closed then.

Though going a little off-topic, I also downloaded the Fanaleds but didn't get 'em to work. Wonder what's wrong...
You need to setup your InSim and OutGauge settings (quite obvious), but you also need to use this file.

Open Fanaleds, then click File->Open settings folder, and copy the file there.
Attached files
lfs.zip - 1.2 KB - 183 views
Quote from Whiskey :You need to setup your InSim and OutGauge settings (quite obvious), but you also need to use this file.

Open Fanaleds, then click File->Open settings folder, and copy the file there.

I'll try that when I get home, thanks.
Check out our readme: http://fanaleds.com/readme

Also, if you press help > configure games automatically, it should setup the game for you. Just keep in mind you have to enable the insim manually, or launch LFS with a shortcut that enables the insim.
-
(RandomnessInside) DELETED by RandomnessInside : nvm
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321 : not needed anymore
Quote from Bose321 :Check out our readme: http://fanaleds.com/readme

Also, if you press help > configure games automatically, it should setup the game for you. Just keep in mind you have to enable the insim manually, or launch LFS with a shortcut that enables the insim.

Yeah at first I went with the readme, then used automatical configuration but that didn't help. Now that Whiskey gave me that file, it started working.

DiRT 3 doesn't work though.
Codemasters games are a little annoying to get working. Just like LFS, you will need so-called car profiles to get the LEDs working. We don't know a max RPM value from the game, so we can't really show the LEDs. If you open the car settings under the Advanced tab, you can enter the values for your car. The car you're driving in-game should be there already with blank values.

You can also try to use the car 'default' to make a global car config.
Quote from Bose321 :Codemasters games are a little annoying to get working. Just like LFS, you will need so-called car profiles to get the LEDs working. We don't know a max RPM value from the game, so we can't really show the LEDs. If you open the car settings under the Advanced tab, you can enter the values for your car. The car you're driving in-game should be there already with blank values.

You can also try to use the car 'default' to make a global car config.

Eh...I think I'm gonna pass DiRT 3.

I'm having trouble running it already as it crashes randomly.

Anyway now that I got to use Fanaleds I have to say a great piece of software you've developed there.
Thanks for your kind words.

DiRT3 is indeed a troublesome game... Newer games like GRID2 and F12013 should run just fun though, without any adjustments. Have fun on the track.
Quote from Bose321 :Thanks for your kind words.

DiRT3 is indeed a troublesome game... Newer games like GRID2 and F12013 should run just fun though, without any adjustments. Have fun on the track.

One thing I hate about DiRT 3 is GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE, the best creation ever. After reinstalling Windows 7 it worked without problems, as I had some kind of registry issues, resulting in GFWL to not be able to be installed. The only problem with DiRT 3 I have (which I just experienced) is a random crashing issue when I restart a special stage or finish it.

Anyway, if any mods are lurking this thread, you can feel free to close it now.
Quote from RandomnessInside :One thing I hate about DiRT 3 is GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE, the best creation ever. After reinstalling Windows 7 it worked without problems, as I had some kind of registry issues, resulting in GFWL to not be able to be installed. The only problem with DiRT 3 I have (which I just experienced) is a random crashing issue when I restart a special stage or finish it.

Anyway, if any mods are lurking this thread, you can feel free to close it now.

GFWL will be taken out of those games (which will be done very very soon). It will be carried over to steam.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :GFWL will be taken out of those games (which will be done very very soon). It will be carried over to steam.

If that's true, I hope so.

GFWL is the best invention after Vista.
Totally off-topic, but I'm a little worried about GTA IV. R* obviously won't release another patch because they don't care about the shitty PC version they have made.
Quote from Bose321 :Totally off-topic, but I'm a little worried about GTA IV. R* obviously won't release another patch because they don't care about the shitty PC version they have made.

Maybe a little off-topic, yeah.

Anyway, I got nothing else to say here.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG