The online racing simulator
Drifters Against Piracy
(20 posts, started )
Drifters Against Piracy
So it is probably well known that the LFS community is inflated with crackers. It's nothing new. But it has gotten worse. In the FB page "LFS Drifters 2013/D.A™-Drift Alliance™ (https://www.facebook.com/groups/289204681170218/), Piracy is very open and accepted. I do have corresponding screen shots to prove this. I, however, am against piracy due to it being a key factor in the s-update halt and it is generally killing everything. Let me break this down;

Said group mentioned above has 2600~ users. Easily 2100 are using cracked versions. $30.00 (s2 licence) x 2100 = $63,000.00. That $63,000.00 that could have already have funded the S3 update. and it's not all about funding either, when the devs notice piracy (and we all should know they do), how do they feel? Probably like beyond 70% of the user base just doesn't care about them. And yes, I can confidently say that 70% of LFS's activity is going on cracked servers. How do I know? No, I've never had a cracked LFS, but 2100 users out of 2600 using cracked in this one group? really?

I hope the developers take a peek in here and hopefully follow up on this page/individuals with law suits. At least make them enforce a no piracy rule. For the screen shots of the page:

http://imgur.com/a/hPdn3

Also screen shots of a piracy website that has open distribution of LFS S2 cracks. If anyone who can pursue legal action wants URL of the site, pm me. Not letting it go public for obvious reasons.
You still have chances to win the 2014 troll of the year award, just try harder.

5/5 because I actually read your post.
Quote from nikopdr :You still have chances to win the 2014 troll of the year award, just try harder.

5/5 because I actually read your post.

Not trolling, this page is literally just full of pirates. You're either deceived due to lack of information or you're actually trolling from the group itself since I posted the screen shot of this into the group. I hope this doesn't get troll of the year, because for once I'm being serious. If I were trolling, I'd probably post it into the wrong section, and then maliciously insult everyone. I'm trying to bring attention to the mass piracy going on. You cannot deny the screen shots; they are hard proof of what's going on, especially the screen shots of the website distributing cracks itself! So stop being ignorant. Even though again, you're probably trolling.
Quote from siralva1 :since I posted the screen shot of this into the group.

That kind of defines trolling. Why would an S2 user be in that group? /logic
Quote from Psysim :That kind of defines trolling. Why would an S2 user be in that group? /logic

Because it doesn't present itself as a pirate group. [s]When I joined[/s] Actually, when I was added by another FB user into the group, I had no knowledge of it. But then I started seeing posts like "ip blah.blah.blah port blah.blah.blah". The page itself is based for drifting, but has been maliciously taken over by pirates. The owners don't care because of the inflation of users since they turned their back to the issue. I'm not the only S2 user in there, by the way. If I had a troll mind set, I wouldn't have even posted this in the first place. And here is the official google definition of trolling... troll2
trōl/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat.
"we trolled for mackerel"
informal
submit a deliberately provocative posting to an online message board with the aim of inciting an angry response.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

Also, here a screen shot of the crack distribution website's download page, to prove my point. I'm trying to draw awareness to an arising demon, not troll everyone because im le master troll or something. Some of the words are weird and all because of translation from Lithuanian.

LOLZ

As much as I enjoy drifting, ( OK, pit girls and eye candy ) this thread gets my vote for post of the year. And it's still only 12 days in..........
I think you missed the point, posting a screenshot of this thread on that facebook page is trolling, stop saying your not trolling, because that very action is undeniably a trolling.

Secondly, even if added to a group by someone else, no S2 user is interested in drifting around a cracked server with a bunch of demo users, let alone ones with horrific vob's.

Finally, making this thread when you should be using the contact form on the lfs main page is publicly naming and shaming, something which isn't permitted on this forum and again constitutes trolling,

You've also just let every demo user on this forums know that A) lfs can be cracked, B) a good place to find out about the crack and C) where to get addresses of cracked servers.

Now be a sensible lad and use this link instead : https://www.lfs.net/?page=mailus
I hope it's post of the year for a good reason. Have you ever seen the activity inside of a cracked server? It's amazing how many people crack and I never really knew until like a few weeks ago.
Quote from Psysim :I think you missed the point, posting a screenshot of this thread on that facebook page is trolling, stop saying your not trolling, because that very action is undeniably a trolling.

Secondly, even if added to a group by someone else, no S2 user is interested in drifting around a cracked server with a bunch of demo users, let alone ones with horrific vob's.

Finally, making this thread when you should be using the contact form on the lfs main page is publicly naming and shaming, something which isn't permitted on this forum and again constitutes trolling,

You've also just let every demo user on this forums know that A) lfs can be cracked, B) a good place to find out about the crack and C) where to get addresses of cracked servers.

Now be a sensible lad and use this link instead : https://www.lfs.net/?page=mailus

You can't join the group, the demo users would have to jump hoops to join. They have to be added. And it is a good chance they're already members. As for the trolling and everything, I thought you meant trolling lfs forums. Oh yeah, **** that group. If it were an open group anyone could join, then yes, I would choose a more private option. You are also missing the bigger picture. I guarantee you over 3 quarters of the demo users here use a crack. Nice job trying to flame a good cause. If I solely wanted to troll them, I wouldn't be sitting here typing away on a thread. I'd probably be spamming their page and all that jazz. You're making me out to be the bad person. I'm only half a bad person. And you're right, no S2 user does drift in their cracked server. You never seen the content in the fb group, it's comprised of cracks, pictures of lfs, drifting, etc. Although the legit content out numbers the illegitimate content, it's still there in heavy force. I censored the web address of the crack site itself, but that wouldn't help, again, more demo users have probably already seen and used that page than those that haven't. As for publicly naming and shaming, I could have dodged that and censored everything, but it was heat of the moment.
I'm against cracking too, but some of your stats are total bullshit. Here's why:

Quote from siralva1 :Said group mentioned above has 2600~ users. Easily 2100 are using cracked versions. $30.00 (s2 licence) x 2100 = $63,000.00. That $63,000.00 that could have already have funded the S3 update.

If cracking didn't exist, I promise you that those 2100 people wouldn't suddenly decide to start buying LFS. They don't pay because they don't want to spend money. Sure, some of them would, but the majority still wouldn't. Personally, I would be surprised if more than 200-300 actually ordered LFS if cracking was gotten rid of.

Quote from siralva1 :And yes, I can confidently say that 70% of LFS's activity is going on cracked servers. How do I know? No, I've never had a cracked LFS, but 2100 users out of 2600 using cracked in this one group?

You can't just decide the percentage for an entire userbase based on one group. That group doesn't seem to mind piracy so the pirates go to that group. (On a side note, I also don't know how you got the 2100 number from.) I don't know how bad the cracking problem is, but your reasoning isn't the correct way to figure it out.
Quote from siralva1 :Easily 2100 are using cracked versions. $30.00 (s2 licence) x 2100 = $63,000.00. That $63,000.00 that could have already have funded the S3 update.

Hint: All the money in the world wouldn't bring S3 any quicker.
To all crackers/pirates: Stop being a cheap f**k. Buy an S2 license and actually support the devs. £24 might be (sort of) expensive but it's worth every single penny!
Quote from McEscher :To all crackers/pirates: Stop being a cheap f**k. Buy an S2 license and actually support the devs. £24 might be (sort of) expensive but it's worth every single penny!

We are facing a serious troll here.

@OP, as mentioned above, I'm not sure where you get those numbers from. They are totally made up from the back of your head. I'm still wondering to the day if you are Blueflame's american brother.
Quote from siralva1 :...$30.00 (s2 licence) x 2100 = $63,000.00...

Wrong assumption. They play because they can do it for free, but it doesn't mean they would have paid otherwise.
Quote from Psysim :no S2 user is interested in drifting around a cracked server

Ha, don't be so sure! I'm not talking about myself as I prefer racing but I do know some people who drift in crack while being S2. Actually there are many people who play on crack even despite having S2 license. That is because they can be with their native people
I'm guessing that most of the people in that group don't have the money to buy it. The reason for that is cause they are probably still in school.

Their parents probably don't want to use their credit cards on paypal. So they probably can't buy it them self.

Looking on the bright side of all the players running the cracked version. They promote the game to the people that has money to buy it.

I would rather promote a big fat donate button on the LFS homepage. Then complain about the players that runs a cracked version of LFS.
Quote from ckrudelux :I'm guessing that most of the people in that group don't have the money to buy it. The reason for that is cause they are probably still in school.

Their parents probably don't want to use their credit cards on paypal. So they probably can't buy it them self.

Looking on the bright side of all the players running the cracked version. They promote the game to the people that has money to buy it.

I would rather promote a big fat donate button on the LFS homepage. Then complain about the players that runs a cracked version of LFS.

You are actually pretty much right there
Quote from ckrudelux :I'm guessing that most of the people in that group don't have the money to buy it. The reason for that is cause they are probably still in school.

What do they play on and with then? A 2 dollar PC with a 1 dollar wheel? Most of them have more than capable hardware to play LFS with. Don't tell me they don't have a few bucks left for the game. They're just too cheap to buy it, and because they can play it for free anyway with their cheap friends.
Quote from ckrudelux :Looking on the bright side of all the players running the cracked version. They promote the game to the people that has money to buy it.

I doubt that. I don't think anyone thinks "lets buy this game" after they see all these crackers with ugly cars with massive cambers and moar lows and whatnot. Then again, they might, but that's not the kind of people LFS needs I think.
Quote from ckrudelux :Their parents probably don't want to use their credit cards on paypal. So they probably can't buy it them self.

That shouldn't matter as Paypal does have several options to pay without credit card. I purchased LFS when I was 12, and used Paypal attached to my bank account. There's other options like Moneybookers which (AFAIK) doesn't require a credit card either.

They may require more work, but are not impossible. LFS is, fortunately, very easy to purchase and offers many solutions. They could even mail a money order to Vic directly to purchase.

Credit Card is a poor excuse for cracking

Drifters Against Piracy
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG