Old Skool Classic Race
(87 posts, started )

Poll : An Old Skool Classic Race - Pre 2005/2006 Drivers

Closed since :
Yeah Good Idea and would be fun
No thanks
Old Skool Classic Race
Hi All,

Sorry didn't know where to put this, as it really isn't off topic, but is relevant to the whole of LFS. Not really a league, but anyway, would like your votes. I have a dedicated server that has 47 slots, but this would be a private event.

If I was to host a one off ( maybe more ) race called the Old Skool Classic.

This would be for drivers, registered here Pre 2007 ( I think, maybe change ) with Classic Configs and Cars.....

Would you or who would be interested?

Cheers for reading

Fordie

PS - To give you a good idea of who I was thinking about, just check the replies and also the names mentioned on this thread
Thanks guys so far, and please spread the word, but the only person to say no, joined in 2009 so would not be invited anyway, but thank you
CodeLyoko1 for voting

Fordie
OOOH, guess I make the cut !

All racing series need backmarkers who get in the way and all the fast guy's ( guyette's ) bitch about. THATS ME !

Depending on the date I would be interested. Unfortunately, my wheel is currently packed up as I'm planning to move at the end of the month. So anytime this month is a wash, but if it's a recurring event I would be game.
Definitely up for it.
Blackwood gt/gti on S1, go!
Does LFS work on my iphone...?

Actually a good idea but in the midst of getting my racing seat all set up in my home, if I'm around I'll definitely be involved.. Been out the scene for a while now though.
I see lots of old people! :gandalf:
I was planning 1-2 wks time as I am currently working away from home, so not even near my PC.

First of all, I thought I would just find out the interest, the follow the date, the follow the config, its not overnight off the cuff thing, this takes planning to get all involved

I just want to know....who would be interested to being with, and take it from there but thank you all for replying..Gooden....yay, you are about and you two Bawbag....awesome, hopefully will be event of the year, before S3 ;o)

Fordie

PS - WGooden - I cannot promise Blackwood, but GTI/XFG will be in there somewhere, it would be rude not to LOL
Sort of nice idea, it will give a the reason to come back for some fun racing.
Might be a bit elitest to exclude anyone newer (it's not their fault)
It'll probably end up more chatting than racing!
If you take me in I'll be glad to race. Just for the fun of it since I'm nowhere near as fast as most of you. I'll be checking this thread.
Even if no one remembers me... i dont remember this early years also btw...
it would be fun to do such a Series. Old Skool Classic... how appropriate :gandalf:

BtW, how about a Race on LFS S1 ? Is that possible? Dont know but would be fun
Im in
I'm in.
We could pick a few dates even maybe, Maybe someone who cant come at one date, can come at another and who can attend both, GREAT !
I'd mostly likely try to make this work. Being on the wrong side of the pond might be an issue depending on what y'all decide. Just remember I need 2 weeks of practice
If dates are good then I would not mind exchanging paint ;
I've been playing enough to get up to speed playing online again.... Sure I'll play.
Do I HAVE to use a wheel?
Sure Racer, you can use an Iphone if you really want to

Good Idea Rudi. I was planning on making a few, just wanted to see what sort of interest there was, but its rolling along nicely.

Thanks to everybody for reading/showing interest

Fordie
Poss - dates and times
How does these sound?

Friday 17th January / Saturday 18th January / Sunday 19th January

7pm GMT? or 8pm GMT (trying to find a time that could accommodate all across the pond) and these times was used in the OLFSL and people showed up

Let me know your thoughts

Fordie
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I'd mostly likely try to make this work. Being on the wrong side of the pond might be an issue depending on what y'all decide. Just remember I need 2 weeks of practice

Start now then....
Quote from P1lot :
Might be a bit elitest to exclude anyone newer (it's not their fault)
It'll probably end up more chatting than racing!

I don't mean this to be an "elitest" race, but a place for us "oldies" to get together and swap some paint.

Fordie
Quote from The DOCTOR :Even if no one remembers me... i dont remember this early years also btw...
it would be fun to do such a Series. Old Skool Classic... how appropriate :gandalf:

BtW, how about a Race on LFS S1 ? Is that possible? Dont know but would be fun

That CTRA all-day driver.
i hope by classic layouts you don't mean actual S1 physics too does anyone still have any good setups for that (no high nose)? either way it'd be fun to grace the rear of your server's pack

Old Skool Classic Race
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG