The online racing simulator
This is coming from the driver who does one race a year in the FXR at So4 of course.

Personally I have very little complaints, I think that for a season a single category should be used and within that a Pro/Am class should be setup like the GT2 and GT1 world series. I really liked that. As for now we can see everyone flocking to GT2 and even in my own team most people have trouble finding time to practice and therefore are more likely to demand they are put into the GT2 squad despite most of them being far more than adequate for GT1. It's just something to add to thought for the future.

I would like to know what kind of 'mistakes' you are alluding to in the OP Deko? From my perspective you've done absolutely everything possible to keep NDR running leagues and by extension keep LFS alive. Your leagues are fine, run polls as you are doing and surely everyone will be happy? Who were the select few acting like children? It's the first i've heard of it..

I like the idea of wind. All the tracks we use have been used thousands of times before (in terms of laps) so why not spice things up a little? Super GT Series Fe3 I remember we had wind and as a driver that was one of the most fun races I've ever had on LFS, despite it being difficult. This is a simulator after all, to shy away from wind is just ridiculous, we can't sit here and dream about night races or wet races and then not use wind even if the extreme settings are a little unrealistic.

As for timings of the races? They've always been the same. If you have school the next day then do the early stints it's not too difficult a decision to make and one that most people have been dealing with for years without complaint.

Quote from cargame.nl :It will be the last year for LFS anyway, why so much discussion?

Stop crying, think of making exit plans.

This is what I don't understand. Sorry, but when was the last time you brought something constructive to a thread? How is your post in any way constructive criticism to the league?

Quote from dekojester :
Offer your constructive feedback and constructive criticism here.

I'm American so the time for the 24 hr isn't too bad for me, but I would make it earlier as well. If you still can change all dat.
Quote from vipex123 :
This is what I don't understand. Sorry, but when was the last time you brought something constructive to a thread? How is your post in any way constructive criticism to the league?

I can't comment on the majority of his posts, but I actually agree with his point. It's much better to stop playing something like LFS which you spend so much time while you still enjoy it. So far in GT1, all the races have been won by teams only participating in that 1 race. and there are many entries in GT2 which are 1-2 race teams, rather than people participating in a series. NDR should adapt to that rather than get frustrated and penalise teams that do that, and become more casual on the LFS side. It's pretty obvious looking at the trend of the last 6+ months you can have 1 good LFS series with full grids running at the same time, anymore than that and there is too much supply for the demand.

The time of a 24h race starting doesn't matter that much because it is a 1 day race no matter what time it starts, but I can see why for some people it can be pretty shit if you stay up for the majority of the race, then your sleeping pattern is ****ed up for the weekend. If you start the 12h race at 12 GMT I don't see why you can't start the 24h race then if it makes peoples lives easier - atleast it gives everyone more of a chance to actually do something other than LFS on their weekend.
#29 - CSF
I would like to complain that I am driving this weekend. Who can I complain to?
I would like to complain that Deko is not driving this weekend. Who can I complain to?

On a serious note, IMO everything is going great and I'm happy that there are series like this. I know this isn't really constructive but I don't really have anything negative to say.
Quote from IsaacPrice :So far in GT1, all the races have been won by teams only participating in that 1 race.

Which is absolute bollocks. Jump in for 1 race - win it and retire. GJ. For the wind I absolutely have no problem, only if it is said few days before the race. As it is now.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Wave arounds of GT2 cars - more efficient. Ie: TELL ALL GT1 STAY RIGHT. ALL GT2 GO LEFT. Then wave them.

Savage lost the win last race because of a terrible wave around system where they got stuck behind car 72.

I personally don't blame a bad wave-around system that cost our win. It would've been OK if we'd been just behind the SC queue at the time of restart. It was more of a "bad" decision of the people/person responsible for calling the one to go signal. There was not much time left till the race end, so who knows how it would've ended if there was one more lap under SC, maybe there would've been even more mayhem caused at the restart.

Anyway, I can't say it cost us the win. Had our car been behind the queue, we could've got involved in the accidents that happened after the green flag. Who knows. But at that time Magnus crossed the finish line, it definitely felt like we needed the time we'd lost after the 72 car.

Besides that, I can't really complain about anything in particular, I'm happy for what we have now and with today's LFS state, it won't be much better in the near future. Speaking of the wind, I wouldn't mind it, low wind isn't that bad, and sometimes not even noticeable that much. It would certainly add one more variable to the races.
Well at the end of the day, maybe different teams have won the races but their drivers are still racing as Tomek who won round 1 will be racing for nitor velox, you and Jesse will have a go for ineX and Joonas will drive for CoRe.
The season has so far been so good for me and the team, apart from connection issues in the first race, which have since then disappeared. Lemme give you my opinion though

What I'd love to have is to have IGTC format reintroduced (I'd like to be reminded why it was stopped btw, don't even know). In my opinion 6 hour races are a little bit too challenging if you have only two drivers and one is on mouse and barely can do two hours straight. 4-hour race lenght means there's more action on track and it doesn't take so much manpower (that's a huge plus for smaller teams and bigger ones could field a second car more easily). Also the hardcore qualifying on raceday added some excitement to it. Did I even mention that we used to race in windy conditions back in the day?

Here's a thing - even the last IGTC season has had a great attendance and every car could actually compete in every race (apart from FXR on FE), so it only takes some smart planning on race calendar to have a cool season. Also people didn't race on those tracks before, so you had to get creative on setups and you really had no idea where you were pacewise before the race started. I really don't know what to say to people moaning about fps in 2014, and reading complaints that it's unacceptable on a CLOSED CONFIG made my day, cause we used to have layouts so that safety car had a parking space.
Now, I think single-class races draw bigger crowd. It happened to us this year that we simply had no real competition on our level, since we were behind the top intrn'l teams and in front of the inexperienced ones (yes I know that's always been the case, but being alone on one's lap for 50% of the race isn't fun). There's definitely a bigger chance to have a race to remember if you have more people racing you on track. For a fact, we haven't had a single class 24h race in years (did we ever?).

In 2012 Super GT we had an unique format which I think was great in terms of time required to set up and race - I remember us having virtually no preparation at times and we could still find ourselves near the top because the 1.5h plus driverswap plus BIG differences in classes racing was so random. The races were every one or two weeks IIRC, so it was more suitable to guys who are more active and it kept people on their toes. Most of the times we have less teams racing as the season was approaching final rounds, but maybe you can limit this if you bunch the rounds closer together.

So to sum up. IMO we need:
- to use new tracks and there are some that's never/rarely been used - SO4R gave a great race in 2010, SO5/R, FE2(5)R, FE3R, FE4R, KY3R with its open configs, AS3/R, AS5-6-7R
- to make it less demanding on preparation (less time and figure out the entertaining format ) and reward "adaptive" racers a bit more. I'm not sure about it really, but the wind in LFS is not constant and not blowing in one direction one race, at least I think I recall different effects on the same pitstraight speeds at different stages of the race so I can't see it being that big of a problem
- increase a chance to have teams competing with someone by forgetting about multiclass racing

Now to the points that are purely my preference so feel free to bash up my biased self. I despise having races with 1,5x or 2x points, especially in the last rounds, it really penalises teams and drivers who worked their asses off the whole season and even started getting tired a bit while some guys get motivated for a single race and leave us behind, very often having the best car. If you take a look at the standings, there's still a chance for let's say ineX to take over the championships if they do well. I think I already did propose this, but please take a look at the points system shown there, page 3.
I'd like to see some other things too, but they're too controversial/borderline stupid to fit to print so I'll leave them to myself (inviting new balancing/classes being one of them). Long live LFS and start the engines
Quote from Ziomek21 :For a fact, we haven't had a single class 24h race in years (did we ever?).

Last year's 24h race was only GT1s, even if there was a pro/am split. So it was still technically one class
Great post Mr. Goik.
Quote from vipex123 :I would like to know what kind of 'mistakes' you are alluding to in the OP Deko? From my perspective you've done absolutely everything possible to keep NDR running leagues and by extension keep LFS alive. Your leagues are fine, run polls as you are doing and surely everyone will be happy? Who were the select few acting like children? It's the first i've heard of it..

The mistakes I make don't always appear on the surface to those who don't know them.

I made a mistake in Round 2 by waving around too many cars (it "worked" in the end because the leader was only waved around once, and no one lose an extra lap because of the leader's extra wave-around).
I made a mistake at Round 3 by announcing wind without warning.
I made a mistake at Round 4 by trying a chicane on short notice.
I made a massive mistake in LFSCART 2013 by using the wrong point values in the lookup table, causing confusion at the race's end.
I've made the biggest mistakes of my LFS career several times in the past by losing my cool too easily during some events and shouting in TeamSpeak. (Basically, any Kyoto 500 for starters)

I'd list more, but it'd probably make you all think me emo
Are we going to get this weather information shizzle in chat also during the 'real' race? I don't want to figure out wind directions, where northwest actually is and who knows what when I am racing. When I want specific information I ask a team mate in all other circumstances I drive with full concentration.

I never seen a race organizer in real life announce on the speaker anyway what the weather conditions are like during an ongoing race.

Thank Scawen by not having dynamic rain clouds...
Quote from cargame.nl :Are we going to get this weather information shizzle in chat also during the 'real' race? I don't want to figure out wind directions, where northwest actually is and who knows what when I am racing. When I want specific information I ask a team mate in all other circumstances I drive with full concentration.

I never seen a race organizer in real life announce on the speaker anyway what the weather conditions are like during an ongoing race.

Thank Scawen by not having dynamic rain clouds...

in the race, I will announce direction and speed during the pace lap, and will use track references (ie 10kph / 6 mph headwind into T1). It'll be copied to IRC as well.
Quote from cargame.nl :I never seen a race organizer in real life announce on the speaker anyway what the weather conditions are like during an ongoing race.

Yes,but because they already know it! When you start a race - how do you figure out which direction is wind? Or how your teammate does it,if he's not allowed into server?
irl racing teams have some nice screens on which they have all the weather informations and track temperature...Some factory also bring their own system but well, wind going north is still coming from north right?
I can only view 3 pages in the NDR Sporting Code, because Scribd is /#*@.
Attached images
34B4Jk7.png
Quote from TypeRacing :JFYI - all MoE 24h races has started also at 16 UTC

That reason is probably because it is the best general time. Joku, do you expect deko to wake up at 7 am or 6 am to admin?
-
(JackDaMaster) DELETED by JackDaMaster : #rekt
Quote from Mustangman759 :That reason is probably because it is the best general time. Joku, do you expect deko to wake up at 7 am or 6 am to admin?

he is for the 12 hr
Quote from dekojester :I will be using http://www.wunderground.com/q/locid:UKXX4597 to judge whether or not wind will be in effect for Race Day.

I will be considering the forecast wind for that Saturday / Saturday Night / Sunday timespan in deciding.

As of this writing, the forecast for Aston, United Kingdom calls for wind speeds in the 10-15mph range; this would equate to low wind.

Low wind will generally be used if the forecast calls for wind speeds at and over 10 mph, possibly if the forecast has winds between 5-10 mph. Calm wind forecasted would equate to no wind.

I love how you changing your mind like a woman, not like i have somethnig against wind because i dont, but referring to the website there should be no win mate. Your words are worth so much for me now . Maybe u dont remember what did u type :P.
Quote from Intrex1020 :I love how you changing your mind like a woman, not like i have somethnig against wind because i dont, but referring to the website there should be no win mate. Your words are worth so much for me now . Maybe u dont remember what did u type :P.

That wind speed changes all the time and at the time he wrote there is going to be wind the wind speed was 13 km/h IIRC.
A World without wind is like a Beer without bubbles :banana_ra

Copyright ® Valentin
Alright..I'm drunk, but will chip in anyway...

There is always wind IRL, it may be that it is insignificant (do you realise how long it took me to spell that ? )

Wind in races should always be on, it is pretty much the only variable we have in LFS, without it every race becomes a contest of hotlappers. Real racing is all about adapting to the circuit at the time, and the addition of wind (no matter if it not correct, it is the same for everyone) results in an racing environment that more closely resembles that of real life.

There is not a single racing series where every lap is under identical conditions, if LFS had proper dynamic weather, then every lap would be different. If it was possible to have a wet track, or even a chance of rain during he race would there be so many complaints?

We make the best out of what we have, and the conditions are the same for everyone.
High wind please. I didnt practice anyways so it will make it easier to adapt. I kid i kid.

Np with wind, but forecast predicts 2 mph...
Quote from Intrex1020 :
Quote from dekojester :I will be using http://www.wunderground.com/q/locid:UKXX4597 to judge whether or not wind will be in effect for Race Day.

I will be considering the forecast wind for that Saturday / Saturday Night / Sunday timespan in deciding.

As of this writing, the forecast for Aston, United Kingdom calls for wind speeds in the 10-15mph range; this would equate to low wind.

Low wind will generally be used if the forecast calls for wind speeds at and over 10 mph, possibly if the forecast has winds between 5-10 mph. Calm wind forecasted would equate to no wind.

I love how you changing your mind like a woman, not like i have somethnig against wind because i dont, but referring to the website there should be no win mate. Your words are worth so much for me now . Maybe u dont remember what did u type :P.

I exactly remember what I typed, and I exactly remember what I said, and if you had read every sentence, you'd know that the forecast had a chance for wind, and since the speed is trending up into the latter half of the weekend, that's why low wind is on, because the real life forecast could have the wind speed increasing earlier than it is now (weather patters CAN change quickly in a matter of hours, don't try to challenge me on that, you'll lose, I spend 4 days a week hearing about weather patters 30 times a morning from our meteorologist at the station).

See the bit I bolded in your quote of me.

Complaints Department (NOW OPEN!)
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG