The online racing simulator
A whole decade
(202 posts, started )
fordman , how could u forget biggie?
I'm just so young.

Almost 8 years here. I've been away for some 3 years now.
My LFS account is like a 5th grader now.
8 years now, practically 1/3 of my life, and yet I still hate the fact I never bought S1 as I was waiting for S2 (NR2003 had my time back then). Still recognized quite a few of those names on Fordie's list. Many more out there for sure.
#55 - Davo
Quote from R3DMAN :this april will be my 11th year!

wow

my fondest memory was the stcc this race in particular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XS1TS-8Zm4

OMG that voice lol

I think I have most of the original STCC videos somewhere on a dvd.

Being on and off LFS for many years but never really got hooked on it for long periods...
I only remember two of those names, and one of them was a very quick driver who was blemished by being a complete jerk off on a personal level - (so I'll avoid names!).

I feel like an old timer, but I've a way to go before It'll be my tenth anniversary...

I stopped racing a long time ago though, I got bored of the tracks. Ocassionally I do some flaffing around with insim but I have no desire to make a new CTRA although I have half an interest in making a new STCC style series. Maybe. Possibly. One day.

Over the last few years I have toyed a few times with writing my own race sim - but I am just not interested enough in physics to make it happen.

I still have a lot of respect for what Scawen has done here, and how he has forged a living doing what he wants to do and made a very enjoyable game to play - but I got bored of the content a very long time ago.
Quote from Becky Rose :...

I still have a lot of respect for what Scawen has done here, and how he has forged a living doing what he wants to do and made a very enjoyable game to play - but I got bored of the content a very long time ago.

Being honest, I am still not bored about LFS content at the moment. The problem is simple, no able to play. Anyway, if not talking anything about new cars, new tracks or new physics, what would be an inspiration to get your mind back to LFS?

This question is available also to everybody else, and I think it has been discussed somewhere, but I am curious mood today

EDIT: I really see no boredom of LFS for myself ( If I can say like that)
Quote from Fordman :Blimey you have email's dating back that far

Part of my life ;-)

DevilEst
VecTrex
Bismarck
JTBo
Raikz and the list is endless....

Vykos and Rudi became SK Gaming after Ocrana....

Pool 1,

(194) Mark: Ferret Uk

(219) James Golz: DZ34W Usa

(362) RudiTurbo: Reinkort Est

(172) [ART] A$mO: Asmo Fra

(226) Richard DK: Torp Den

(307) flying finn: etana Fin

Pool2,

(90) dob: /bin/sh Fra

(47) Raikz: Raikz Est

(377) edvvc: edvvc Uk

(200) SpeedFreak: Speed Ger

(397) smidge: go--home Slo

(357) BigBadGaZ: BBG Uk

Semi Finals Amateur:

====================

Pool 3,

(359) Immortal: SUFFOLK Uk

(91) DEVIL 007: Hell Cze

(427) BSKfr SteF: -SteF- Fra

(381) riddles: r1ddl35 Uk

(402) Jage:OU812 Uk

(229) ORION: ORION-01 Ger

Pool 4,

(400) PaulC2K: mb Eng

(239) El Presidente:RESTECP Mex

(97) FienDi: TwinCam Fin

(26) Louis : NOTRON Ita

(391) golgoth777: GO777 Fra

(339) Banzee: Banzee Can

--
Quote from undertaker00 :fordman , how could u forget biggie?

I know I know, but like Richard pointed out, there was also Devil007, Vectrex, and Raikz.

Would be good to see "old Skool" vs "New Skool" 6 Members each, that would be a laugh

Can you imagine, Team 1, Lefty, Macest, Rudi, Sinbad, Biggie, Bawbag...OUCH

Fordie
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :what would be an inspiration to get your mind back to LFS?

New tracks. I'm just bored stiff of the ones in LFS. I have a preference for short circuit racing and that limits the selection to a handful in tracks in three environments with some shared corners. Ugh.

In terms of physics, I don't care about tyres. LFS' tyre physics are good already. I think the aero physics are a little lacking but it's not the end of the world - what I would really like to see is an environment simulation (track and air temperature, localised circuit factors, moisture in the morning, local circuit nuances etc), but I've been over that topic to death and it transpires that I'm the only one who doesn't think tyres are the be all and end all of race sims.

For me to come back there needs to be enough "new" within LFS that I feel compelled to spend money on getting a new wheel and make time for playing/modding more games in my lifestyle.

Currently I get more joy making my own game (not a race sim).
Quote from Davo :OMG that voice lol

I think I have most of the original STCC videos somewhere on a dvd.

Being on and off LFS for many years but never really got hooked on it for long periods...

dont fancy trying to dig it out do you and uploading a zip of them all do you ?

Pretty please
#63 - col
Quote from Becky Rose :I only remember two of those names, and one of them was a very quick driver who was blemished by being a complete jerk off on a personal level - (so I'll avoid names!).

I remember one fast jerkoff (infamous for driving a toilet) being nasty to you for no apparent reason...

And why has nobody has mentioned MATH yet. When I started, he was the guy to beat. Even before Macest...
Why are all these classic drivers popping up here, and you don't see them on track

Come on Golden Oldies, dust off that wheel, WD40 those pedals and lets get some old skool classic action going on....Who's in?

Fordie
Think i have to join the Club...

Join Date 1st October 2003 and racing on Demo from nearly the beginning.

Cant belive :gandalf:
Man time flies... and the world is still a mess

Quote from Fordman :Why are all these classic drivers popping up here, and you don't see them on track

Come on Golden Oldies, dust off that wheel, WD40 those pedals and lets get some old skool classic action going on....Who's in?

Fordie

Indeed, last time I hooked up the wheel to the pc is age's ago.. Thx for posting that list of names though, brought back the memorys of the old days
Quote from richard dk :
Pool 4,

(400) PaulC2K: mb Eng
(239) El Presidente:RESTECP Mex
(97) FienDi: TwinCam Fin
(26) Louis : NOTRON Ita
(391) golgoth777: GO777 Fra
(339) Banzee: Banzee Can

I think I still remember this one - or at least the grid. Good times, thanks Richard!
Quote from varjsa-9 :I think I still remember this one - or at least the grid. Good times, thanks Richard!

And thx to you for doing OLFSL.....you are a true legend...

I thin W. Gooden had a team called team600 or something like that, no?
Yeah your right Richard....

OMG Varjsa-9 :bowdown: you are still about, like Richard said, a true legend

Fordie
Quote from richard dk :And thx to you for doing OLFSL.....you are a true legend...

I thin W. Gooden had a team called team600 or something like that, no?

team400
Hay guys, after all this talk on here and some old skool people appearing, how about this.....

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=85105

let me know your thoughts

Cheers

Fordie

PS - Well spotted dawes....show off, your more Geek than me
Quote from Fordman :PS - Well spotted dawes....show off, your more Geek than me

And I'm not even super old school.

A whole decade
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG