The online racing simulator
i did some skinning of the F40, My first propper skin, took me 5 hours! time passes so fast.

Here is the skin in the preview (preview is matched identically to the standard ones) also it has a correct livery icon, i had to make some of the logos from scratch as well, probably what took the time.

also made the my version of the LM Street F40

and a carbon version

Monte Shell
http://rg.to/file/090e1fe736ce ... 6086f7f955/Shell.rar.html

LM Street
http://rg.to/file/4a3894727fb0 ... abd152/LM_Street.rar.html

Carbon
http://rg.to/file/327acfc630b7 ... 49e73058e/Carbon.rar.html
Wow! The first one is great!
How do I install these?
Just put the folder in ac\content\cars\f40\skins folder (you can copy it to s3 too,as they're identical).
Pretty much sums up what I think

Attached images
brent.jpg
lol
Quote from PMD9409 :So. Much. Bounce.

Video to it here. Three minutes in I nearly needed a new pair of pants.
Judas Priest Phil.

Great pass, wow. If I was you I would rename it "racing video enema".

But seriously, that's excellent.

Of course, I can barely complete a pass without either driving like a grandma or smashing things, but nonetheless, that's very cool to watch - I hope Kunos and the community sees how much fun rallying is with great physics!

edit:
And here, we see, the early effects of mod-ability in a good sim. Listen, I'm not one to dwell and harp on the deficiencies of the LFS development model, but honestly, now that we have a fine sim that doesn't discourage and vehemently protect this sort of release, look how little time it took to have so much fun. This does leave me with food for thought wondering how much fun was wasted on years of LFS protectionism when the community was begging for the simple, simple opportunity to do what was done here with, so far, one ported track on an early access sim. Personally I see it as a great waste of time and opportunity, but this is all rapidly becoming a moot point as a culturally sensitive developer aims to deliver everything the community; which they've clearly been watching for years and actively listen & respond to, churns out much wanted hype, communication, licenses, content, physics, graphics, and the freedom to make what we want to make. It seems the niche sim-racing community is finally getting our holy grail
Quote from PMD9409 :Video to it here. Three minutes in I nearly needed a new pair of pants.

Holy other of soiled pants, that 3:10 part is breathtaking !
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :
And here, we see, the early effects of mod-ability in a good sim. Listen, I'm not one to dwell and harp on the deficiencies of the LFS development model, but honestly, now that we have a fine sim that doesn't discourage and vehemently protect this sort of release, look how little time it took to have so much fun. This does leave me with food for thought wondering how much fun was wasted on years of LFS protectionism when the community was begging for the simple, simple opportunity to do what was done here with, so far, one ported track on an early access sim. Personally I see it as a great waste of time and opportunity, but this is all rapidly becoming a moot point as a culturally sensitive developer aims to deliver everything the community; which they've clearly been watching for years and actively listen & respond to, churns out much wanted hype, communication, licenses, content, physics, graphics, and the freedom to make what we want to make. It seems the niche sim-racing community is finally getting our holy grail

Well said. As much as I adore LFS, Assetto Corsa is a game changer and when they manage to implement a solid netcode, the days of LFS will be numbered (sadly but deservedly).
Quote from PMD9409 :Video to it here. Three minutes in I nearly needed a new pair of pants.

Admit it, how many hours a day do you drive
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :

Totally agree. And yet we still have people on this forum "defending" LFS from filthy third party mods.
Think about compatibility - I still cannot imagine how MP gonna look like,could get a bit messy. And don't forget to update your antiviruses before even looking at 3rd party mods...
Steam workshop for compatibility and auto-downloading for MP, if they do it right.

Worrying about getting a virus from sim mods? U wot m8?
It's not all sunshine and lollipops in Assetto regarding mods either, just look at the 11 pages rant thread about joux plane in the racedepartment forum: http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... -of-things-to-come.80113/

Or (the supposed) ex-RBR dev moaning at reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/assett ... or_the_goose_please_read/

They do have some valid points, at least for converted content of recent games/sims, but in this RBR case it is a load of bollocks in my humble opinion. I very much doubt RBR is losing out on sales with this conversion, if anything it's a bit of free publicity and maybe some extra copies sold on ebay.
Yes, he has some valid points, but I can't see why he would release that kd5 exporter (if it exists). Kunos had nothing to do with Joux Plane, they are totally innocent, why would he punish Kunos by stealing laser scanned tracks?
Hmm, difficult topic. Guess Kegetys did that track more or less to test whatever the conversion routine he wrote, and chose RBR because it basically is a dead game from a dead studio (so like 2x as dead as LFS :P ) that still lives through an active community.

Whats Kunos' take on converted content? Wasn't even Eric OK with people converting his LFS cars to other games as long as you gave him and his game credit? Found an FZR model for Trackmania once that ticked all those boxes.
Like if it was hard to convert AC track geometry to begin with...
I was under the impression that (for LFS) only demo content was free to be converted. Licenced content was a different story. Hence the BL1 that exists for NKP.

Maybe I'm incorrect, but that's AFAIK.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yes, he has some valid points, but I can't see why he would release that kd5 exporter (if it exists). Kunos had nothing to do with Joux Plane, they are totally innocent, why would he punish Kunos by stealing laser scanned tracks?

He isn't, he's providing the means to do so. Just like kunos have provided the means to import the track in question..
That reddit post is pure bullshit. And I thought the community would just ONCE shut up about BS and just drive the track...

Also, interesting things on the AS subreddit, like this one:

Quote :Marco Massarutto

December 31, 2013 · Edited

Assetto Corsa : Abarth, McLaren, Classic Team Lotus, BMW and Mercedes Benz licenses extended, plus new Car Brands incoming. Japanese cars? Sure. See you next year.

Ciao

Quote from ACCAkut :Found an FZR model for Trackmania once that ticked all those boxes.

I even drove it back then,when I was playing it!
That Reddit thread is pretty obviously made by a troll.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG