The online racing simulator
Allrighty! So I played the game some hours today, now with the change in pre-rendered thingy...or whatever you call it... WOAW! Even tho I did not improve my laptimes, it really felt so much better. No more slow-mo hand movements, it just felt so much more alive and fast. Catching slides is way easier than before, alltho of course I spun a lot too ( ).

Why is this thing on, the pre-render thing? It really is a gamebreaking feauture and need to be adressed right away. The game got a completely new feel for me.
Kunos gave a generic answer to me, that AMD and Nvidia know what they're doing etc..
So basically he/they don't know? Either way, since we can fix it ourself it's not much of a biggie, but the problem is everyone that tries it and sillently thinks it's strange and leaves without asking what's wrong. At least for me the game felt somewhat sluggish and slow in it movements, and now it's really responsive and great.

Seems Im not the only one with that feel, or?
For most games, a setting of 3 is usually preferred, gives a smoother image etc... but for a racing sim, I've been using a setting of 1 all the way back to my first days on LFS, for something like a racing sim where reactions are paramount it makes no sense to have it any other way. In iRacing, it's called "Cap Frame Queue" or something similar and is enabled by default in the graphics options.

But of course, Kunos knows best. They're a good bunch of devs, but they need to fix their ****ing attitude problem where they can't be wrong.
Thanks for the info
But how does the thing work in AC? Even if the effect should create smoother picture/movements, it just seemed like everything was so slow compared to having the effect on 1 (was 0 before) ?

Just curious basically, since other forums will just link a lot of techically mumbo-jumbo, while you people seem to understand what it actually is. (I am a fan of "if you canot explain something well, you don't understand it yourself", meaning everyone can link some technical shizzle, while the ones that knows actually can desribe it for a retard like me)
Quote from Boris Lozac :Kunos gave a generic answer to me, that AMD and Nvidia know what they're doing etc..

Basically then, the issue is related to you and what your doing. Well thats what I make of it.
How can it be our fault? Installed game, did nothing to it, somehow I broke it... is that what you are saying?
Or you meant it as a joke, proving a point that they might be a little hostile to the community?
Quote from The Very End :How can it be our fault? Installed game, did nothing to it, somehow I broke it... is that what you are saying?
Or you meant it as a joke, proving a point that they might be a little hostile to the community?

Well it was just my impression of what was said. I don't even know the problem encountered so it wasn't a hostile comment towards anyone here.
the blueflame is strong with this one
Kunos' answer about the default setting was just them saying that they assumed nVidia / AMD would know what the setting should be (in their drivers) so AC just leaves it at default instead of over-riding it.

Unforunately the drivers usually have it at 3 pre-rendered frames.

Tor, this is simply to keep the graphics cards working pumping out frames before they are displayed (in case the CPU is busy and can't send them all smoothly basically) What that does is generally make your frame rate less sporadic. IE instead of jumping around from 80 to 40 and everything in between, it would be more stable like 60 to 80. However when frames are rendered but not displayed yet, there's a graphics lag that occurs and doesn't matter in most games but in sims it's very noticeable.

The number is how many frames the graphics card is allowed to render in advance, and 3 frames pre-rendered is too much for a sim. I hope this helps!

edit: also the setting in the DX11 AC file is at 0 by default which means "leave it to the drivers to decide". If you change the number, it forces that number of pre-rendered frames and over rides the drivers.

So you can either change it in the drivers and leave the DX11 file alone, or you can change it in the DX11 file to force it there. Either way works.
Where can I change my FFB settings? I can't seem to find that option.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Unforunately the drivers usually have it at 3 pre-rendered frames.

edit: also the setting in the DX11 AC file is at 0 by default which means "leave it to the drivers to decide". If you change the number, it forces that number of pre-rendered frames and over rides the drivers.

So you can either change it in the drivers and leave the DX11 file alone, or you can change it in the DX11 file to force it there. Either way works.

how can I change that setting in the catalyst suite bzw. how is it called there? Just want to try what difference it makes in numerous games.
Quote from ACCAkut :how can I change that setting in the catalyst suite bzw. how is it called there? Just want to try what difference it makes in numerous games.

ATI/AMD call it "flip queue size". Not sure if it's there in Catalyst. You might need AtiTrayTools or something like that
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Kunos' answer about the default setting was just them saying that they assumed nVidia / AMD would know what the setting should be (in their drivers) so AC just leaves it at default instead of over-riding it.

Unforunately the drivers usually have it at 3 pre-rendered frames.

Tor, this is simply to keep the graphics cards working pumping out frames before they are displayed (in case the CPU is busy and can't send them all smoothly basically) What that does is generally make your frame rate less sporadic. IE instead of jumping around from 80 to 40 and everything in between, it would be more stable like 60 to 80. However when frames are rendered but not displayed yet, there's a graphics lag that occurs and doesn't matter in most games but in sims it's very noticeable.

The number is how many frames the graphics card is allowed to render in advance, and 3 frames pre-rendered is too much for a sim. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the solid answer

A other question, I struggle with evening driving! I got good FPS (60+) all the time, but the second it becomes evening the strutter starts and FPS as low as down in the 20s ... I don't know if it's graphics settings or what, but it goes straight to hell the second the evening mood starts... any ideas?

Edit: Also, where do you see what the top lap times of a combo is? I am hopeless confused how I perform
Well, turn off the dynamic weather then? I've found the best lightning, giving the most realistic look, at 15:30.. Find more fps tve, at least an 80 or 90.

As for the times, download the RSR live timing app and unpack it to your ac folder, then in the game where the apps are (right side) find it there at the bottom, it's the gold looking one. You need to be in Hotlap mode too.
And here's where the leaderboards are http://www.radiators-champ.com ... iming/index.php?page=rank
Thanks

About the time, even if I force the time cycle off, it doesn't matter. I can "freeze" the time at noon, at the evening and I get 15-20 FPS, but jumps back and forth up and down, sometimes it goes back to 60+.

Did a test, lowered the settings and drove with 100+ FPS constant, changed to noon - 28 FPS... come on... is it really demanding 3x of the computer just to simulate noon light?
Wow. What's the install process like? I have rbr on disc but not installed, is it going to be worth the effort?
Quote from sinbad :Wow. What's the install process like? I have rbr on disc but not installed, is it going to be worth the effort?

Just extract the archive into your AC install folder. The RBR check is an 'honour' policy type dealio.
I don't think you need RBR.
edit: apparently I am wrong

And about the lighting TVE do you have a DX10 or DX11 card?
what card?

and system? It's probably somewhere on the forum but I don't feel like looking
Damn and I just recently uninstalled AC (f****d up some files, messed with mods and shit)
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :what card?

and system? It's probably somewhere on the forum but I don't feel like looking

Linking everything, see attachment.
Updated my graphic card drivers last week.
Attached images
Untitled.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG