The online racing simulator
Too much downforce
(7 posts, started )
Too much downforce
Didnt knew that F1 cars could ride on (invisible) walls lol
Attached files
amazing downforce.spr - 9.9 KB - 452 views
Thats more like side force than downforce
Theoretically you could drive at the wall with an F1 car at speeds above 170 km/h.

Ok, there's a bug with an invisible wall, but nothing wrong with the downforce.
yup downforce is real u could even drive headover in a tunnel
*it has been tested*
I still think something is wrong here...

Not reall entirely a downforce issue, because 120 mph wouldn't give enough force to push a car on its side like that I think. I can recall many invisible walls like that which create a lot of friction and are "sticky", allowing the car to drive up them for a while. This is even with cars that don't have downforce. Because if you look in the Forces view, the large blue bars down the middle of the car is the downforce. They pretty much decrease as it rides up.

The real problem here though is Nick Heidfeld driving a Ferrari, :wtf2:
#6 - herki
Quote from ATHome :Theoretically you could drive at the wall with an F1 car at speeds above 170 km/h.

Ok, there's a bug with an invisible wall, but nothing wrong with the downforce.

uhem... sorry to correct you, but it is the top of the tunnel. On a wall the downforce acts sideways, but the gravity still works downwards. Try it if you want
#7 - J.B.
Quote from herki :uhem... sorry to correct you, but it is the top of the tunnel. On a wall the downforce acts sideways, but the gravity still works downwards. Try it if you want

Depends how much grip the wall has. F1 tyres on tarmac hav a mu > 1 which would work. So it's not just any old invisible wall, it's a high-grip invisible wall.

Too much downforce
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG