The online racing simulator
Yeah, i gotta un-40 myself Strange with the Elise SC too, on Road tires it feels very arcade and easy, while on semi-slicks it's awesome and pretty much just like in Tech preview. What's up with that, how can road tires feel easier?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Not exactly wow, but it was very basic, don't know how to explain it..

Advanced settings, cmon need opinions, tested this a bit, still not sure but i think the best feeling is when everything is at zero except Gain of course, and Kerb.

The lotus 2-11 is a great car irl, very exciting.

As for your settings, i have 75% gain and everything else off, but i did have road at 15% and kerb at 15% and i think i prefered that.
Personally the only bad thing about dlc nordschleife is that I'm not too sure whether dlc track addons in general are a good idea. Dlc cars work really well because practically in every game you can drive on same track with people who have and don't have the dlc car(s) and other people can see those dlc cars in action as well which probably also makes some people get the car dlc pack too once they have seen it in person. But with tracks it is a whole different thing. You can only experience the track dlc if you buy it for yourself. Or go watch a youtube video or read it from the forums or see some pics.

There are of course financial realities and I'd imagine nordschleife is a costly piece of content. All that being said I'm not against dlc nordschleife one bit. Norschleife as a dlc track will probably sell enough but I'm pretty sure the same thing would not happen with less popular tracks like monza, suzuka or interlagos.

Another danger is that if they release 10 cars with the nordschleife dlc then it is probably a bad idea if some of those 10 cars are used to create an independant series where no base content cars can't participate (like if 3 of those 10 were wtcc cars for example or whatever and there were no wtcc cars in the base package). Ideally they would want at least one similar car (one wtcc car for example) to come with the base package so there would be a lot more people racing wtcc cars online. Most would probably be driving the base model but at least that way the dlc cars also had good chance of being used online.

If ac plays this smart they have a gem. I think the norschleife news is just amazing. So much awesomeness. Such happy. wow!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I never thought I'd see the day that the world's first laser scanned Nord in a high quality sim would generate so much silly reactions.

Quite silly indeed, although not in the way you would expect...

I can certainly understand that boasting a grand announcement that turns out to be DLC while they are still in alpha stage is bewildering, especially given their track record... True, they seem to have a great foundation to build on, but please show me that you can stick to the product at hand before jumping onto the next project...

Please also note that I haven't said anything about pricing or money so far - I've spent far too much money on other sims with only a shitty rendition of the real thing to stop me getting this as well, if it comes to it... It's amusing the conclusions you guys come to though, I doubt even KS knows what they will/can/should charge... The cars could well turn out to be a dealbraker - you can be sure that the manufacturers will milk KS for everything they have, now that they've committed themselves to get the top-voted cars...
I still can't belive they will pull this off in less than a year... will see
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah, i gotta un-40 myself Strange with the Elise SC too, on Road tires it feels very arcade and easy, while on semi-slicks it's awesome and pretty much just like in Tech preview. What's up with that, how can road tires feel easier?

Road tires are easier... They are designed for 99% of drivers, not the 1% who know what they're doing... They are designed to be progressive and nice and full of feedback, because Joe who has just bought the highest treadwear eco tires he could find for his Mustang has never had a car sideways so he needs all the help he can get.
I live in a delusion then :/ Does that apply for all cars, how about those Street 90's? My theory was completely oposite, the worst and cheaper the tires, the harder to control/better sim experience..
Quote from Yuusei :People can say what ever they want to, but when they complain about having to pay for a DLC, it's a bit ignorant and sad. You are getting 10 cars and a track in this DLC. Let's use iRacing for an example, 10 cars and 1 track would be about $140 USD, I can assure the DLC is not going to cost anywhere close to $100 USD, since the game came with 20 cars (Not including stage 1,2, etc), and 11 tracks and was only $40 USD. Complaining about having to pay for a DLC isn't an opinion, that's just called being cheap.

35 cars with the early acess price
Quote from Boris Lozac :I live in a delusion then :/ Does that apply for all cars, how about those Street 90's? My theory was completely oposite, the worst and cheaper the tires, the harder to control/better sim experience..

I've never driven on historic tires so I wouldn't know. i would guess that older tires are less predictable, excepting of course bias ply tires which are very progressive and easy to slide.
i was thinking the other day,multiplayers gonna be so crap with all the idiots crashing you,its gonna be mad ! plus if crash model will be implemented which rly should be,than ommaigad
Leveling/ranking system needed.

Or just race in leagues.
like iracing? in my free month trial i raced a few times,and when i reached level d on smth and some ppl were a lot higher than me they were utter crap,crashing all over the place
Found the E92 drift spec to be a pretty good match for Silverstone.
Attached images
e92ac1.jpg
e92ac2.jpg
e92ac3.jpg
e92ac4.jpg
Quote from e2mustang :like iracing? in my free month trial i raced a few times,and when i reached level d on smth and some ppl were a lot higher than me they were utter crap,crashing all over the place

A fully automatic ranking system is easy to cheat. (But even in iR it's kind of fine once you reach Pro.) Something that involves human judgment might help. For example, a number of leagues can be given the right to host "grading events". Those are hosted periodically and a player can only choose one each cycle. If you do well in those you pickup points and eventually level up. If you make silly moves, resulting in justified complaints, the human factor kicks in and you're screwed.
Quote from Keling :A fully automatic ranking system is easy to cheat. (But even in iR it's kind of fine once you reach Pro.) Something that involves human judgment might help. For example, a number of leagues can be given the right to host "grading events". Those are hosted periodically and a player can only choose one each cycle. If you do well in those you pickup points and eventually level up. If you make silly moves, resulting in justified complaints, the human factor kicks in and you're screwed.

Some kind of ranking system would be nice, though it would never be perfect. In iR you would expect nothing horribly bad in an A class race, yet some people behave like they're having their first ever race as a rookie.
Couldn't resist this anymore and bought it this morning as a Christmas present to myself Can't wait to set my wheel up and get out on the track, it's been ages since I've done any sim racing. My poor wheel needs some TLC after all the dust that's gathered on it!
Quote from Gills4life :Couldn't resist this anymore and bought it this morning as a Christmas present to myself Can't wait to set my wheel up and get out on the track, it's been ages since I've done any sim racing. My poor wheel needs some TLC after all the dust that's gathered on it!

woah, now thats a nick I haven't seen for some time
Quote from ACCAkut :woah, now thats a nick I haven't seen for some time

I'm always lurking. Srs

:hidesbehi

On the topic of AC, can't get the fcuking thing to work :banghead:
Quote from Gills4life :
On the topic of AC, can't get the fcuking thing to work :banghead:

Are you that re*arded or is that a heroin addiction?

You've been Blueflamed.
Good read.

Am i strange if i don't have the desire to ever use anything moded? I don't know, never drove a moded sim and have no idea about the quality of the mods, kinda think that they can never be on pair with official content..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Good read.

Am i strange if i don't have the desire to ever use anything moded? I don't know, never drove a moded sim and have no idea about the quality of the mods, kinda think that they can never be on pair with official content..

Depends on the mod, I'm sure if HistoriX was done for AC I would drive the ever loving shit out of that.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Are you that re*arded or is that a heroin addiction?

You've been Blueflamed.

I have no idea what you're getting at?

I keep getting an error when I click to "start engine" ..

The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory1 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll - If I am that retarded then can you immediately tell me how to fix this problem. Cheers your Majesty.
It was a Blueflame'd post, nevermind

Check the official AC forums, could be a thread about that..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It was a Blueflame'd post, nevermind

Check the official AC forums, could be a thread about that..

Sorry I have been lurking but I must have missed this running gag cos I don't get it! I have checked but can't find anything so far. Really frustrating I wanted to get some laps in

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG