The online racing simulator
Well Vires has entered a GT1 in first round, and without that last hour SC period it would have won the race with Dennis and Tomek racing (ok 3id got a DC but that's racing, we eventually rolled in last 2laps last race). Vires finished 2nd last season in GT1WS which actually means in front of Dennis's teams, so I don't see why we would be afraid of Dennis. That's also called facts.

Vires GT1 car isn't racing since round 2 simply because the line up which was supposed to be Niki, Matias, Maddee, Sean and James can't race. People have life and sometimes things happens that makes video games secondary. Maddee just moved and setted in his own flat, James is at uni and Matias broke his anckle or something like that. So only original GT2 line up (#54 composed mainly of myself and Adam) can race in last two rounds, #63 being using as a development car at SO and later for my little brother and intre that need some practise while #58 is for those that haven't understood the old Stig Breeding programm as some of those drivers have joined Vires.

And about the level in gt2, yeah it is definitely lower than in 2012 but it is important to note that top teams disappeared exept vires. So in SO we were the only team that matched GT2WS 2012 pace (need to correct tracker avg with traffic) but if you take the other teams average, they have actually improved.
How the **** am I suddenly a part of a context..
Quote from Dennis93 :How the **** am I suddenly a part of a context..

Welcome to lfsforum!

PS. What a huge pile of useless discussions...
PPS. Real men drive full power cars!
Quote from Eclipsed :Welcome to lfsforum!

PS. What a huge pile of useless discussions...
PPS. Real men drive full power cars!

Real men know how to use it too.
I still don't see how an XRR with turbo lag is easier than an FZR which is just all out power at any of the time. Not to mention the easily flippable chassis. They are totally different cars, not even worth comparing. The trend is changing. Back when only spdo drove XRRs, everyone was hugging on the FZR. Now it's kinda different. Anyways, in last race 5 cars were FZR out of 11 and 5 XRR, so I don't see the bragging about being "hardcore" and sticking with FZR.
Either way, nv. is ****ed for the rest of the season, so I guess we'll pull out as soon as it's the only choice left to do.

thanks for this time.
#32 - IMOL
Quote from Kristi :I still don't see how an XRR with turbo lag is easier than an FZR which is just all out power at any of the time. Not to mention the easily flippable chassis. They are totally different cars, not even worth comparing. The trend is changing. Back when only spdo drove XRRs, everyone was hugging on the FZR. Now it's kinda different. Anyways, in last race 5 cars were FZR out of 11 and 5 XRR, so I don't see the bragging about being "hardcore" and sticking with FZR.

Driving FZR is diffrend... Exactly as you said in FZR you have all that massive power at any given moment. It takes one small mistake and back goes around. You have to be much more precise in XRR to be fast, simply because its easy and i know because i get P1 in both. Its just is. And for me people who get into FZR are more brave, because we all know XRR nowdays in GT1 and GT2 is basically faster. Wish to see FZR grid back on stream.
I'm still thinking that some teams would be faster in FZR in gt2...FZR have never been completely slow Tomek. If you look back in gt2ws in 2012 only spdo and ineX were racing in XRR, everyone else was having FZR and at the end of the day, FZR won at BL1R and SO4 which were the two previous rounds and those car pace were faster than most of the teams this season.

That's actually exactly the contrary of the situation few years ago in MoE everyone in GT2 was racing FZR. Some top teams switched to XRR and suddenly everyone else is switching to XRR and no one is using FZR anymore. Thanks god GT1 is different and in that class you can see that both cars are pretty balanced. Of course XRR is faster at some place (WE1R, BL1R) but FZR is better at SO4 and seems to be better at AS6.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well like I said. There's FACT. 3 cars for at least two teams in GT2. You can get butthurt about my open minded suggestion if you wish but you can't ignore facts.

Although on a side note GT1 is, or was [before IMOL was banned] at least, more competitive in-terms of outright speed with the aliens involved in GT1.

GT2 [to me] just seems like an easy option for some who didn't want to battle IMOL and Dennis.

:twocents:

Why would people be scared of racing Imol and Dennis? It's not like GT1WS and GT2WS suffered because ineX was the standard for everyone to beat last year - or DWC suffers because Greger is the standard to beat there. If anything GT1 in GTWS suffers because that isn't there. All the races have been won by teams that have only done 1 race, and the last 2 of them had 1 driver who was only preparing the day of the race - which shows that the rest of the grid can't be preparing that much, atleast as a team - you're only as good as your worst driver afterall.

For the record in my opinion the reason GT2 is popular is because it's easier to be prepared for it, so it appeals to the less experienced because it's the ideal stepping stone to learn, and the experienced guys that are driving it are driving it because their motivation isn't as high as it used to be, and it's easier to be prepared and get the satisfaction from driving in a GT2 than a GT1. The reality is that GT1 isn't that different, and you only learn bad habits by driving GT2(bad throttle control techniques work in GT2 but not GT1, easier to get a decent setup) and that's about the only difference between the 2.
XRR VS FZR
:jedi:
You all wrong guys.....

FXR POWER !!!!:heartbeat:heartbeat
Welp, this went downhill fast.
Start making the rules for your AC league awhile
Quote from IsaacPrice :Why would people be scared of racing Imol and Dennis? It's not like GT1WS and GT2WS suffered because ineX was the standard for everyone to beat last year - or DWC suffers because Greger is the standard to beat there. If anything GT1 in GTWS suffers because that isn't there. All the races have been won by teams that have only done 1 race, and the last 2 of them had 1 driver who was only preparing the day of the race - which shows that the rest of the grid can't be preparing that much, atleast as a team - you're only as good as your worst driver afterall.

For the record in my opinion the reason GT2 is popular is because it's easier to be prepared for it, so it appeals to the less experienced because it's the ideal stepping stone to learn, and the experienced guys that are driving it are driving it because their motivation isn't as high as it used to be, and it's easier to be prepared and get the satisfaction from driving in a GT2 than a GT1. The reality is that GT1 isn't that different, and you only learn bad habits by driving GT2(bad throttle control techniques work in GT2 but not GT1, easier to get a decent setup) and that's about the only difference between the 2.

I suppose you're right. Although the further back in LFS history you go, the harder the competition was anyway.
Quote from BlueFlame :I suppose you're right. Although the further back in LFS history you go, the harder the competition was anyway.

And the downfall in the competition isn't really thanks to people running away from competition. It's just the simulator dying overtime.
Quote from briquedejus :XRR VS FZR
:jedi:
You all wrong guys.....

FXR POWER !!!!:heartbeat:heartbeat

Ahahah awesome

GT World Series 2014: Round 3 Administrator's Notebook
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG