The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
I see
Quote from Cornys :...If you don't want drivers to use track outside of a certain area, plant grass there; don't paint a line and tell drivers not to use it, because they still will try, and then the officiating body will have to penalize it, but make no mistake, they will try to use it as much as they can...

Good point!

As for the numbers, can you ever see anyone taking the #2?

Maybe if Mark Webber was still racing, he may have.

And which wag is going to be brave enough to take the #69?

Very surprised the FIA didn't decide to auction the numbers to the highest bidders rather than give them away.
They were meant to be anonymous selections for the drivers, without team influence (as if!).

#2 is a fairly good number for a Senna fan. I expect Hamilton to have it, to go with his green helmet lining and love of Christ the Redeemer.
anything ever happen with that quantum deal? All google links I saw were from early november?
Quote from tristancliffe :

#2 is a fairly good number for a Senna fan.

Why? He's known only for driving the number #1 the #27 and I think it was either #12 or #14. Can't remember exactly though.
Quote from BlueFlame :Why? He's known only for driving the number #1 the #27 and I think it was either #12 or #14. Can't remember exactly though.

His number at Williams in '94 was 2.
Quote from amp88 :His number at Williams in '94 was 2.

Well in that number nothing good came, so I don't see why someone would choose that number to show support for such a Driver. Also in terms of success that car number yielded nothing for Senna.
It was the number he wore when he died you ****ing idiot. It would be a more of a rememberance of him.
Quote from Bmxtwins :It was the number he wore when he died you ****ing idiot. It would be a more of a rememberance of him.

A remembrance is remembering the good and success of a person, not the death...
So van de garde to sauber and guttierez may lose his seat. Assuming sirotkin doesnt take that seat this year.

Sutil signed for sauber for 2014

Not too bad. Wish di resta would find a ride but he seems a bit whiney.
iirc Gutierrez is trying to pay a seat for him from Caterham
Quote from BlueFlame :Well in that number nothing good came, so I don't see why someone would choose that number to show support for such a Driver. Also in terms of success that car number yielded nothing for Senna.

You do know that the symbol "2" refers to the second integer on the positive real number scale don't you? It doesn't refer to a cat. Or the sky. Maths has basic rules that make it easy to understand.
Although saying "I'm #2" has terrible connotations. Like "I'm shit!" or "I never finish first". That said, the latter can be good in certain contexts...
Quote from tristancliffe :You do know that the symbol "2" refers to the second integer on the positive real number scale don't you? It doesn't refer to a cat. Or the sky. Maths has basic rules that make it easy to understand.

Your post = irrelevant shit.
Quote from BlueFlame :Your post = irrelevant shit.

I beg to differ. I think you needed it explaining. I bet, secretly, you're pleased I did, because you now understand (perhaps) that this whole thread isn't about Mars Bars.
Quote from tristancliffe :because you now understand (perhaps) that this whole thread isn't about Mars Bars.

No it's about your drunken ramblings.
I haven't been drinking...
Saucer of milk?

Anyway. The budget cap has been ratified by the big teams (except, RBR (I think. Though I may be wrong. Keep reading)) to alienate RBR even more.

RBR is the only team who doesn't operate under the constructors unions rules. RBR technology's (as someone alluded to earlier by saying something about whatsisfeatures wife opening up a suspension company) is open all year round, has million upon millions of dollars poured into it whilst it works on all of RBR racing technology, quite a proportion of which find itself onto the F1 car. What the teams are trying to do is to highlight this fact (although I shan't for one moment say any of them are whiter than white, but RBR is by far the worst at this) even more than it is apparent now.

If the other teams can start shouting loudly that RBR is breaking the Budget cap rules by the end of the season, then things are going to start turning very ugly. Vettels car from last season was already in a different class (I mean that literally not figuratively) by using various amounts of strange and wonderful and not altogether legal technologies *cough* traction control *cough cough*.

RBR play outside the rules. And the it's the back of house 'Constructor' side of things that have been pissing the other teams of the most. Hence this ratified budget cap.

It won't work. But at least it gives them something to shout and scream about late in the season.
Quote from Funnybear :Vettels car from last season was already in a different class (I mean that literally not figuratively) by using various amounts of strange and wonderful and not altogether legal technologies *cough* traction control *cough cough*.

Any proof for that assertion, or are you just adding to the mindless drone?
Quote from amp88 :Any proof for that assertion, or are you just adding to the mindless drone?

Most probable idea is that they were only using 4 cylinders mid-corner when the throttle is initially applied (hence why they got on full throttle so much earlier than everyone else). Would also explain the hilarious noise they made in the corners as well.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Most probable idea is that they were only using 4 cylinders mid-corner when the throttle is initially applied (hence why they got on full throttle so much earlier than everyone else). Would also explain the hilarious noise they made in the corners as well.

That's part of the system (along with possibly using KERS). However, many/most teams were using cylinder cut this season and the KERS system explained above isn't against the rules either. Hence why I was asking if Funnybear had any proof that Vettel's car was illegal, or if he was just crowing along with the mindless drone of repetition.
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG