The online racing simulator
Tablet Problems: Arnova 10b G3.
(3 posts, started )
Hey.

So. I'm a pretty major android noob as far as firmware is concerned...

So, I recently purchased not one, but two cheap android ice cream sandwich (4.0.3) tablets from CPC Farnell.

I've stumbled across a major issue-I cannot access any google based app, including the outdated version-as in, no play store (giggity), no youtube, no email and most importantly-no google chrome.

I've tried installing them from the microSD card-no luck.
I've downloaded a program called 'Arctools' (v0.75) and followed a youtube video showing a method of fixing it.

It was "Arnova 7 G3 (basically this things little brother) Goggle Play Store and Apps Install" (Which was said to fix the 10b's problem). I downloaded the program, as the video said-and then the installation failed with the error messages of "Error 28: Cannot create temporary directory." followed immediately by "Error 20: File copy failed"

I think the error with ArcTools is that it doesn't have 'superuser' permissions? (I'm assuming that's a linux thing-like root). How do I give it superuser.

So. Can somebody guide of how to either A) flash it or B) fix the errors.

If you need it, the firmware version is 4.0.3 Kernel: 3.0.8+ root@sc-development-android #295? build number is rk29sdk-eng 4.0.3 IML74K eng.root.20121019.161120 test-keys

The model is AN10BG2I

Thanks guys.
-Matt
Quote from MattsterGT :Hey.

So. I'm a pretty major android noob as far as firmware is concerned...

So, I recently purchased not one, but two cheap android ice cream sandwich (4.0.3) tablets from CPC Farnell.

I've stumbled across a major issue-I cannot access any google based app, including the outdated version-as in, no play store (giggity), no youtube, no email and most importantly-no google chrome.

I've tried installing them from the microSD card-no luck.
I've downloaded a program called 'Arctools' (v0.75) and followed a youtube video showing a method of fixing it.

It was "Arnova 7 G3 (basically this things little brother) Goggle Play Store and Apps Install" (Which was said to fix the 10b's problem). I downloaded the program, as the video said-and then the installation failed with the error messages of "Error 28: Cannot create temporary directory." followed immediately by "Error 20: File copy failed"

I think the error with ArcTools is that it doesn't have 'superuser' permissions? (I'm assuming that's a linux thing-like root). How do I give it superuser.

So. Can somebody guide of how to either A) flash it or B) fix the errors.

If you need it, the firmware version is 4.0.3 Kernel: 3.0.8+ root@sc-development-android #295? build number is rk29sdk-eng 4.0.3 IML74K eng.root.20121019.161120 test-keys

The model is AN10BG2I

Thanks guys.
-Matt

Have you see this?

http://www.arctablet.com/blog/ ... 1-jb-root-space-apps-pip/

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG