The online racing simulator
2014 NDR Schedule Discussion
Hello New Dimension Racing participants and followers!

We've just wrapped up the final round of the LX Challenge, which had some good racing, and we've only got two rounds left of the GT World Series. Apart from that, we've got an empty slate to work with right now for the remainder of the 2013-2014 NDR season, and the 2014-2015 NDR season will start being considered.

I'm looking like I'm on track to upgrade my computing ability to levels that allow other sims to run reasonably well by the end of February, so it's entirely possible that NDR may actually finally branch into other sims, but for now, let's just keep that in the back of our minds. There's no way we're going to just shut off our LFS side of things after GTWS unless there is no one to participate. But to add what we'll possibly slip to - Assetto Corsa if its MP turns out well enough, else rFactor/rFactor2, or even GTR2 which I heard good things about in the GTWS Round 3 broadcast, and know it gets used often on events streamed on Simrace.tv. But for this thread, it's our LFS involvement for now.

This will be gone into more in-depth at a future point, but with the downfall of many bits of LFS with the downturn in participation, the places where drivers learned racecraft have all but disappeared, leading to many issues. Do you think it would be beneficial to try to re-create a ladder-type system again, or at least bring back more "lesser" series to allow more learning of racecraft and race preparation?

LFSCART and LFSCART Light will PROBABLY return as long as there's no further collapse in LFS community before April; the 2013 seasons of these had disappointing numbers in the summer. LFSCART Light should probably go back to Sundays, LFSCART remain on Saturdays.

The Kyoto 250 and Kyoto 500 will also probably return, but perhaps with some way to punish drivers more for damage, perhaps with insim control.

Right now, looking for ideas to fill the January to March window to fill out our schedule then. Perhaps TBO Challenge? Perhaps an FBM series (either full FBM or MiniFBM)? Something else?

Your thoughts on what SERIES / EVENTS we do next are entirely appreciated and welcomed! I'll start another thread later this week to discuss some things about the behaviour side of things.
omg **** rfactor. Get rid of LFSCart and just run GTAL, GTWS. Asetto Corsa would be good if MP is good. Wouldnt mind seeing a small iracing league that brings a unique league.
I know not a lot of people like this, but autocross racing with fxrs is very fun. Contacts could be allowed a bit more so there woud be great battles and adrenaline. Of course pitting is a problem. but if you make shorter sprint races you can even split the grids up (if more than 16) and you will have no tire problems.
#4 - Sobis
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :I know not a lot of people like this, but autocross racing with fxrs is very fun. Contacts could be allowed a bit more so there woud be great battles and adrenaline. Of course pitting is a problem. but if you make shorter sprint races you can even split the grids up (if more than 16) and you will have no tire problems.

Absolutely agreed!
#5 - CSF
GTR2 is very much dead... rF will hopefully soon be dead. I think AC would be a good idea, rF2 probably if they ever move on with that project. LFS is dying a long and slow death, but can still be fun to some obviously.
Shame to read this.

Autocross was something which was not on my mind, and i think when such events exchange with the currect racing events, LFS might end up with even less drivers.

Organized events like these of NDR are important to LFS.

Personally I am a roadcar driver, so my vote would go to Roadcar events. Like indeed a TBO event, STD or LRF. Also i think GTworld series is very nice and should stay.

The strickt way the leagues are organized works in favour of those who are willing to put effort in. Making skins, arranging enough people to be available on the mandatory places like IRC for example. I think this is a good thing and should stay as well.

I consider the following to disable myself on the Corse servers. Racing line help, Custom views or other than onboard. Brake help should be disallowed. This makes it probably a little harder for some but for sure more fair.

For the other 'sims', i can only say that imo Netkar Pro is the only sim able to come close to LFS's physics. Even what i've seen from Assetto it looks like the cars are floating. Yes the graphics might be a bit outdated, but with some wanted updates.. i think LFS still is able to come back.

Imo, LFS needs strickt boundaries again.. racing and racing only.

Good Luck! I will try to participate as many leagues as i'm able to.

Greets
Danny
I agree. If GTWS is shut down I will take up my right to bear arms and find deko. Wut.

On a more serious note, what about a TCWS - Touring Car World Series with both TBO and STi or something along those lines

Kyoto 250 and 500 - cut back on the required test races just a bit and add a better structure for the 250.

For the 250 I would like to see 5 spots dedicated as automatic lock-ins. That means 5 past champions, last years top 5. Whatever it may be. But those 5 need to confirm before the race otherwise the slots go back into the pool. In a way this will allow for some of those who A) Can't make qualifying and B) can't make the transfer races a chance of making it and would gurantee quality drivers.
For a new sim outside of LFS, I'd jump on AC instantly the second online becomes available. Better to get things established quickly so you have a large base right off the bat. Obviously if the netcode is 1995 level then reevaluate after.

For your premier series, GTWS and LFSCART should be all you need. Each quarter of the year you can have a different series pop in like TBOC, STDC, LXC, SSC (Single seaters idk). Also once each quarter, at least one 'event' needs to be ran. This could be a large endurance race when GTWS is in hibernation mode. It can also be something off the wall like Autocross or Rallycross. Point is, don't get repetitive. KY250 and 500 are two big events for you right there which never change, and they should be the only ones that do not change.

For KY250 and 500, just make an insim which tracks how many times a person has "Major Damage Repair". They should only be able to do it two times, the third time it should exclude them from the race.
#9 - J@tko
iTCC........

:slap:
Keep LFSCART. It's a great series as people who can't drive the FO8 start to spin like a top.
what about double file restarts for the 250? And EOL (single file) for any cars that pitted. And a lucky dog as well.
I don't forsee scrapping GTWS, and unless LFS just totally collapses, it'll come back for 2014-2015. I don't even know what made you all think that :o

LFSCART should run on it's usual timeframe of May - September. I'd like to figure a way to increase participation, even if I have to set aside some money of my own to offer some form of prize :P

LFSCART Light probably will run with LFSCART, but not for every LFSCART Round.

iTCC is a definite consideration, either with the FXR as it always was, or maybe the FXO or the TBO class.

Phil, you're exactly on point with what I'm thinking - InSim reports what repairs are being made in a pitstop, I may even figure a way to translate it into more repair time if I can figure a way for it to "hold" you and report if you don't sit there long enough ^^

Again, NDR will not abandon LFS, I usually insist that NDR will be the ones to turn out the lights and lock the door, not the other way around.
Quote from dekojester :LFSCART should run on it's usual timeframe of May - September. I'd like to figure a way to increase participation, even if I have to set aside some money of my own to offer some form of prize :P

With how I donated last season, I would have single-handedly funded a prize
Quote from PMD9409 :For a new sim outside of LFS, I'd jump on AC instantly the second online becomes available. Better to get things established quickly so you have a large base right off the bat. Obviously if the netcode is 1995 level then reevaluate after.

For your premier series, GTWS and LFSCART should be all you need. Each quarter of the year you can have a different series pop in like TBOC, STDC, LXC, SSC (Single seaters idk). Also once each quarter, at least one 'event' needs to be ran. This could be a large endurance race when GTWS is in hibernation mode. It can also be something off the wall like Autocross or Rallycross. Point is, don't get repetitive. KY250 and 500 are two big events for you right there which never change, and they should be the only ones that do not change.

For KY250 and 500, just make an insim which tracks how many times a person has "Major Damage Repair". They should only be able to do it two times, the third time it should exclude them from the race.

or let admins classify that, sometimes hitting the wall just right gives you major damage despite it not being that major.
and... kyoto 500 NEVER AGAIN
Quote from PMD9409 :For a new sim outside of LFS, I'd jump on AC instantly the second online becomes available. Better to get things established quickly so you have a large base right off the bat. Obviously if the netcode is 1995 level then reevaluate after.

I tried to write a similar post earlier, but gave up. +1
Deko, I think LFSCart Light is a waste tbh. But if you do run it I would suggest running only the large event drawing tracks.

Then on the off weeks consider running a pilot series.
Example
Week 1
Sat - LFS Cart
Sun- LC Light

Week 2
Sat - Off
Sun - other

Week 3
Sat -LFS Cart
Sun -

Week 4
Sat- off
Sun-other

Week 5
Sat - LFS Cart
Sun - LC Light

So, in this rotational schedule LFS Cart would run every other week. Your OTHER series would run every other week in between LFS Cart rounds. Meanwhile your LFS Cart Light runs every other LFS Cart round +1 back to back as the cycle restarts.

Or you can change the cycle. But if you do the cycle as it is now you could do your back to back round as maybe Kyoto Oval and some road course. This way the oval is easy preparation and wouldnt take away from your LFSCart race and it wouldnt be too much effort that people arent motivated for the next race.

Your off saturdays gives other leagues like RR/GenR/WWR to slot in a round.
Quote from dekojester :LFSCART should run on it's usual timeframe of May - September. I'd like to figure a way to increase participation, even if I have to set aside some money of my own to offer some form of prize :P

LFSCART Light probably will run with LFSCART, but not for every LFSCART Round.

Why not run them a week apart? I'd personally be interested in both but with them being the next day there's lack of time to practice and so on. Have one of them one week and the other the next.

Edit: Or something like that ^.

This.
I believe there would be still quite okay competition and participation if the GTR races would be just single events instead of series, at least the team races. And I don't know are multiclass events possible anymore in future :/
No, I think GTR should be a series. What's the point having only single races that your main competitors might not even be able to attend?

It's so much more fun when there's a championship involved because points make races more interesting. If there's something that's only a single event, I know personally I wouldn't bother entering, because nobody has a reputation or respect to care about anyone else.
Nothing wrong with GTRs being a series. I do believe however that having a series with longer than 6 hour races may be a bit far fetched in LFS' current state. Personally, I'd rather see a 6,6,12,6,6 league, and then have a 24hr race as their "premier event" which can attract as many people as possible (possibly using a qualifying format similar to real Le Mans etc).

For participation purposes, I can't see having a series last more than 6 races. LFSCART could have up to 8 simply because it is a "premier series", but that should be the only one.
I hope the two big Kyoto events (the 250 and the 500) will stay just because it's been a tradition to have them every year, and it's something some people look forward to participating in, besides the 24 hour race(s).

If we get a full grid of people who know what they're doing, why not.
I would of suggesting scrapping LFSCART as it doesn't attract decent enough numbers.
As iR always catching more and more of my attention I would kinda appreciate any sort of LFSCART, Kyoto events, iTCC or even Autocross.

I barely could participate in one of these last years, but if there's a good amount of drivers & competion and really serious interest aswell, I guess I would get a look for it.
It's very great to see how NDR stays and making events attractive although our LFS' situation.

Maybe a not too long schedule or weekly races in few series would keep the pleasure and practise high. At least it's something I like.

Just go for it NDR, I'm sure everybody looking forward to it.
Quote from BlueFlame :I would of suggesting scrapping LFSCART as it doesn't attract decent enough numbers.

That's mostly because FO8 is hard to drive quickly for 90 minutes. It does take more patience and practice but is really rewarding to drive.

2014 NDR Schedule Discussion
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG