The online racing simulator
Since when has iRacing been full of hardcores and fun races? Get real pls.
Since I played there and had decent fun in the MX-5 and Skip Barber races. I hope I can feed your contradiction more to satisfy your daily needs.

And I can tell iRacing playerbase is at least as "hardcore" as LFS'.

(You know the quotation marks actually mean something, they aren't just there for design purposes.)
Not enough corner cutting. It's the only way.

oh really ;(
Quote from R3DMAN :can you nice chaps who has got sub 1'54 take a look at my lap (1'54.980) tell me where im going wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 1eeo&feature=youtu.be

ta

Couple of things jumped out straight away... first 2 corners... take more of the first curb to give you a better line into the 2nd corner. You want to take a lot less curb in the second corner, no wheels on the green bit.

You made a mess of Tosa..plenty of time to be gained there.

Variante Alta can probably be attacked a little harder. Hard to tell exactly off a vid, but it didnt look quite aggressive enough.

Final corner.. a better line required that gets two wheels on the inside curb allowing a better exit.

Next time after your run grab the telemetry file (documents/assetto corsa/aim/ telemetry_dump.nkt) rename it and keep it to one side and i'll try and remember to do the same when i run a good lap, or hopefully someone else whos doing fast times can remember to grab telemetry as well. Then we can do proper analysis.
Quote from R3DMAN :oh really ;(

You gotta really straight on that first chicane. With enough speed, the sand won't even slow you down

A good place to come is actually the #liveforspeed IRC channel. Troy usually lingers in there and he's fast.

(I didn't actually watch the video, I'm just trolling. You're faster than me so I'm not much help )
Quote from BlueFlame :Since when has iRacing been full of hardcores and fun races? Get real pls.

I was taken out twice in 130+ races. I had some of the best races against the best opposition I've ever raced with at iRacing. It was the cleanest, fairest and most competitive place I've ever raced. Fun? Well, i probably had more of a laugh on CTRA, but that was the nature of 10's of sprint races every evening one after the other, with good company on teamspeak. I still rate iRacing as fun if clean, hard racing is your idea of fun.

..i get the feeling you wouldn't know what fun is if it came right up to you and tickled your balls with a feather duster though.
Quote from kars19 :
No penalty, it's legit

Not if you are using RSR live timing though...
problem is it feels so on edge all the time, im fighting to keep it on track and thats hindering me being able to place it where i want.. literally all the harder corners are just luck, if you hit them all well in a lap it gives you a decent lap.. im just on for the ride. i hate the way that the car will just let go when you step off the brake mid corner.. im using a mixture of your setup moose and the default one.. the vid was made with the default one, semislicks and a little camber adjustment.
Quote from The Moose :Couple of things jumped out straight away... first 2 corners... take more of the first curb to give you a better line into the 2nd corner. You want to take a lot less curb in the second corner, no wheels on the green bit.

if i do that the car bounces all over when i hit them little brown things

You made a mess of Tosa..plenty of time to be gained there.

im not really sure how best to take that corner, either keep in tight or turn in late either way seens to be about the same just one is easier to do that the other, but i gain about 2tenths there if im lucky when i get it right

Variante Alta can probably be attacked a little harder. Hard to tell exactly off a vid, but it didnt look quite aggressive enough.

you dont have a clip of a better line, i just found that if i hit it any more vicious that that i just span around or jumped 2ft in the air and lost more time

Final corner.. a better line required that gets two wheels on the inside curb allowing a better exit.

i shall try that, i did manage it once but always seem to get the braking point wrong on that particular corner because im paying too much attention on keeping the damn thing from stepping out in the corner prior

Next time after your run grab the telemetry file (documents/assetto corsa/aim/ telemetry_dump.nkt) rename it and keep it to one side and i'll try and remember to do the same when i run a good lap, or hopefully someone else whos doing fast times can remember to grab telemetry as well. Then we can do proper analysis.

thanks for the tips, im going to try them out tomorrow.
Quote from R3DMAN :you dont have a clip of a better line, i just found that if i hit it any more vicious that that i just span around or jumped 2ft in the air and lost more time

Not the 458, but you get the idea
lmao!

I do hope RSR timing invalidates that line as well... That's taking the piss.
You call that mess valid? Just because the sim doesn't complain does not mean it's anywhere near a proper line.

edit: beaten by Moose
It should invalidate it if 4 wheels leave the track imo..

Not sure what its currently setup to do tho.. Maybe it already does.
Without a doubt I think this is the best sim driving experience I've ever had, it just feels so natural.

I had a day of driver coaching/ARDS test on Silverstone International on Saturday in a Megane. Having now tried the same circuit in AC I was blown away by how similar it is, right down to a particular bump off line on the link section with the Hanger straight that the instructor pointed out. The marker boards and kerbing is all in the right place, jumping in the 500 I was able to go straight out and use exactly the same markers and lines I'd been using on track and it just felt like driving a real front drive road car round Silverstone. I'm not convinced laser scanned tracks are of much use for learning a track in reality (at least not without some serious immersion/wide FOV setup), but it is pretty cool to jump from the real thing and see how close it is.

Getting a series of corners right in AC feels amazing and it seems to really reward proper track driving. I've never focused this hard on hotlaps before, did 75 laps tonight in the KTM at Silverstone International and didn't even look at the setup all night, just kept trying to improve my driving. In particular I'm struggling to get feel for braking, I turned the ABS on in the end so I could focus on trying to improve everything else.

The RSR timing app is great (although it doesn't seem to record whether ABS is used or not correctly) and well worth getting. Moose you seem to be a bit of a master of the KTM, could you share a replay of it round Silverstone International? I know I can go about half a second quicker in each sector, but always mess up the other sector, but there's still the best part of another second for me to find in each sector!

I just hope the netcode doesn't let it down and there is some decent casual racing, I don't know of any online racing that is anywhere near as good, clean or as fun as LFS was in the old days. I think it can't hurt that with the early offline only release anybody serious should have plenty of practice before entering their first online races.

With the quality and quantity of the standard content I'm not really sure modding will be good thing for AC, rFactor turned into a pile of poo mainly because of the enormous quantity of crap mods. This led to the engine and few a gems of cars/tracks unfairly tarnished as a result and the chance of having the right combinations installed for some casual racing very low.

Quote from kars19 :Holly shit that FOV:cookiemon

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... settings.3331/#post-33469

How expensive/difficult is to buy/build that rig? Immersion must be insane

This thing is just ridiculous! I'm seriously tempted to get a projector at the moment, though probably not quite as serious as this bit of kit. Currently using one 19" screen and struggling with the FOV, it's both too large so I'm losing perception, but far too small to be able to see through corners before turn in. I ran a two monitor setup for iRacing with correct FOV, made a huge difference, although I had to bias the position to give much better visibility into right handers. Has anyone tried running a two monitor combination on a modest computer with AC? I haven't bothered trying yet because I think AC on a single screen is already on the limit for my PC.
Quote :RSR timing

I haven't checked it, but I doubt it does. The dev said their invalidation system is based on tyre dirt. Only two go on the grass there, which would be legit in those terms. Worse, even when AC's internal lap invalidation is fixed, it may not catch that. The 50 kph penalty is all over the shop, sometimes you can go completely off the track as long as there's two tyres over a kerb (Silverstone, Imola especially), and you don't need to go completely off in the last turn on Magione for it to trigger. Why would the lap invalidation be any different..
I'm sure i've had the RSR timing invalidate laps that AC didn't give me the slowdown penalty for, so i suspect there's something going on in their software that is in addition to AC's inbuilt penalty system.

Will test more thoroughly tomorrow.
@Alex,

Sorry, i've only got a replay of the KTM@Sliverstone GP at the moment..i'm very slack when it comes to remembering to save replays. Please remind me tomorrow via PM here or in the AC forum, or add me in steam (stuthemoose) and i'll do one for you tomorrow
Quote from The Moose :@Alex,

Sorry, i've only got a replay of the KTM@Sliverstone GP at the moment..i'm very slack when it comes to remembering to save replays. Please remind me tomorrow via PM here or in the AC forum, or add me in steam (stuthemoose) and i'll do one for you tomorrow

I want to see it too (KTM@Sliverstone GP) pls, because you are so much faster everywhere. (Same Tommy with Formula Abarth).
I did only about 10 laps with KTM but 2 seconds are too much
Quote from R3DMAN :problem is it feels so on edge all the time, im fighting to keep it on track and thats hindering me being able to place it where i want.. literally all the harder corners are just luck, if you hit them all well in a lap it gives you a decent lap.. im just on for the ride. i hate the way that the car will just let go when you step off the brake mid corner.. im using a mixture of your setup moose and the default one.. the vid was made with the default one, semislicks and a little camber adjustment.

I don't use ABS, but you have to release the brakes gently and load the front end sufficiently. I smash the brake hard then trail them in and the nose tucks into the corner. it feels mint to me. If you just release the brakes too fast then you will bring the rear around.

Also, anyone know when the Lotus 98T will be release?
Quote from Intrepid :I don't use ABS, but you have to release the brakes gently and load the front end sufficiently. I smash the brake hard then trail them in and the nose tucks into the corner. it feels mint to me. If you just release the brakes too fast then you will bring the rear around.

Also, anyone know when the Lotus 98T will be release?

when you lift off brakes the front end is unloads does it not?

weight shifting forwards over the front wheels helping turn in taking the weight off the rear which in turn makes the rear step out, lifting off the brakes makes the weight return rearwards putting weight back over the rear wheels.. why would that cause the rears to break traction?
Quote from Klouczech :I want to see it too (KTM@Sliverstone GP) pls, because you are so much faster everywhere. (Same Tommy with Formula Abarth).
I did only about 10 laps with KTM but 2 seconds are too much

Here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/downl ... r_silverstone_SW_2.16.556

You will notice that i'm not clutching.... just lifting and shifting up, and LFB and blipping the throttle on downshifts. Clearly once they have damage in you wouldn't want to race like that as it'll ruin the transmission, but for hotlapping and qualifying it's got to be the quickest method.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG