The online racing simulator
Help connecting to a private race.. Invalid local ip????
I have 2 computers in my house, both have s2 unlocked with the same username. ( i only race one online) I have both computers networked togeather with a 2wire router, and i share files consistantyl. All firewalls are off and i checked on the ip addresses.

When i click "start new game" and selected Local as my seettings . i completed the blank fill-ins. (ive tried leaving the ip address to auto, and setting it manually) the ip address is in a xx.xxx.xxx.xx config and LFS for some reason does not accept this and gives me a "You must enter a valid local network ip address"

any idea's?
what are the 2 IP addresses? they should start with something like 192.168 or 10.0
Yup, thats the problem, you need to use a valid LAN IP range, 192.168.X.X

Dan,
To be exact, LFS only accepts LAN IPs in the RFC1918 ranges;
  • 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 (10/8)
  • 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255 (172.16/12)
  • 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 (192.168/16)
There are other ways to host a private game, perhaps the best and easiest solution would be for you to use an "internet" server, but set it up so that its hidden and isnt advertised on the master server list.
well the computer i host off of is 69.183.243.26. and the other computer is 192.168.1.54... Ive tried that and it says "did not recieve track data" or something like that
#6 - Jakg
you sure the first one is correct? try typing "ipconfig" into command prompt
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : gateway.2wire.net
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.65
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254

for my computer and
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : gateway.2wire.net
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 69.183.243.26
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.252
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 69.183.243.25

for the other computer.. .

Both computers connect to the interent via 2wire model/router.
#8 - Jakg
that is wierd, i have never seen an internal ip adress quite like that, tried to change it?
well ive tried using both computers to host.. on one computer i use the 192.168 ip and it says from the guest computer "cannot load track info"
so i dont know if that has anything to do with it.
Oh and .. what would i chane everything to?
I bet that 192.168.1.65 isnt a public IP. My friend has a WiFi net and he has aslo IP in that range, but this is only internal IP assigned by his ISP. Public IP of your computer should NEVER start on 10.0 or 192.168.

If you want to join a game by typing directly IP address, than you need to be on LAN(select LOCAL in connecting menu). Anything that will have to go via the Internet simply wouldnt work.
If you cannot connect these two computers directly by LAN cable, than you have to use some tricks. Sorry, but I will not post them here, because it opens an easy way to illegal(=cracked) LFS servers.
well i dont want any cracks becasue i did pay for S2. However i think i should be able to use it online with 2 computers that are in my house. But if i use the other computer to host.. i get that track data error message
#13 - Jakg
you mean over LAN? you can, just read your pms
hehe i just read them.. didnt see them up there... I managed to fix it.. Seems it the router reconizing the other computer as a network .. i guess the "host" had a clear line to the internet .... or whatever... I fixed it by turning on DMZplus Mode on the guest computer and it worked fine..
thanks for your help guys
i'm having the same exact problem. can you help me to? my ip starts with 150
Both computers must be in same network range and from the post above I see this is not the case(said in "noob" way they dont see each other).Thats why it doesnt work if you want to play on LAN.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG