The online racing simulator
Quote from The Very End :It is as fun as beeing cockblocked by your pal on town, and then heading home to wank just to realize that you're too drunk and sad to actually do anything.

That's pretty accurate I think.

Tor, we didn't need to hear about your saturday night.

Which is your best (hardest) achievement?

My best - "Old GPL, beat 1:30:00 @ Monza/L49" - 0,3% off all AC owners has achieved it

3 hardest achievements, nobody has done it jet - 0%

"Poleman, beat 1:32:00 @ Vallelunga/F.Abarth"
"Faster then Jim Clark - 1:28:50 @ Monza/L49"
"Drift king - lvl100 @ drift challenge"
Quote from kars19 :Which is your best (hardest) achievement?

5 7/8 " for 3 mins before explosion with Chinese hooker. Best before that was 5 1/2" whilst thinking about the L49 around Knockhill. 3rd best was a droopy 4" trying to get interested in a hag of a wife that looks like a scarecrow after a night on the town.
Quote from kars19 :Which is your best (hardest) achievement?

My best - "Old GPL, beat 1:30:00 @ Monza/L49" - 0,3% off all AC owners has achieved it

3 hardest achievements, nobody has done it jet - 0%

"Poleman, beat 1:32:00 @ Vallelunga/F.Abarth"
"Faster then Jim Clark - 1:28:50 @ Monza/L49"
"Drift king - lvl100 @ drift challenge"

The hell, nobody did the Poleman thingy? I saw videos doing 1.31s on that combo and it doesn't look really hard. I'm giving it a try tomorrow when I have time. (I already did a 32.4 on it with default set... Playing around will help a bit). The drift king thing is just a matter of time really. Takes like 2 or 3 hours of constant playing to achieve, I think. Where do you get these statistics from though?
press shit+tab in game, and compare your achievements to global
Well, I guess my most valuable achivements are these:

Drift Master
Reach level 50 in drift mode

Time Attack Master
Obtained if the player completes 10 laps in Time Attack Mode.

Way better than him
Beat 1:54:00 at Imola with the Ferrari 458.
Quote from Kristi :Well, I guess my most valuable achivements are these:

Drift Master
Reach level 50 in drift mode

Time Attack Master
Obtained if the player completes 10 laps in Time Attack Mode.

Way better than him
Beat 1:54:00 at Imola with the Ferrari 458.

Damn I was just 0.158 slower from the last achievement? Gotta beat that as soon as I can.
Is this game worth its asking price? How's force feedback, and how does it compare to iRacing or LFS?

To be honest, I used to praise LFS for its force feedback, but after playing iRacing, LFS's FFB doesn't feel that good anymore...
You kidding? For sure it's worth the price. LFS will always be the best, but in current state this is the best option to race in, because this is second most accurate sim right after LFS imo. And it really isn't that far away with FFB and physics as well...
Quote from Mysho :You kidding? For sure it's worth the price. LFS will always be the best, but in current state this is the best option to race in, because this is second most accurate sim right after LFS imo. And it really isn't that far away with FFB and physics as well...

Of course the only difference is the cars
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Scawen : not good advice
Unlike iRacing the Lotus 49 is actually drivable!

Of course it's worth the money. Best sim I've driven since LFS.
Quote from The Moose :If low 51's are possible I'm giving up sim racing.

54.4 my best so far. Need to do more laps but so many good combos to try i'm not getting enough laps in with a single combo yet.

Quote from Kristi :I agree. If 1.51s are even imaginable on that track, I'm saying goodbye to my 11-ish years of sim experience and burn my G25 in public... I went tryhard mode and rarely got 1.53.8

http://rank.gtr-masters.hu/rankpage/acbeta/Imo/ferrari_458

Have no idea in which conditions though.
I wouldn't worry about times which seem impossibly fast. It's pretty easy to 'cheat' in at least a couple of different ways with the Early Access.
These lists are pointless without replays, or at least sector times. It's easy to get 51s if you straight-line the sector 2 chicane flat out
Quote from NotAnIllusion :These lists are pointless without replays, or at least sector times. It's easy to get 51s if you straight-line the sector 2 chicane flat out

It's just taking the part after chicane a bit wide to the right. Gains you a whole sec at least. (Yea, that's my lap there on the list).

Quote from amp88 :I wouldn't worry about times which seem impossibly fast. It's pretty easy to 'cheat' in at least a couple of different ways with the Early Access.

I don't think that the Abarth on Vallelunga is an exploitable laptime, on instance. I would love to see those 1.31s there though. I mean, on youtube they didn't really look that fast, I'm still half a second off that though.
Quote from Kristi :I don't think that the Abarth on Vallelunga is an exploitable laptime, on instance. I would love to see those 1.31s there though. I mean, on youtube they didn't really look that fast, I'm still half a second off that though.

'Cheating' in a different way then

Let's just say unofficial modding arrived a little early.
Not sure if there's a possible way of modding the car values so far. Kunos talked about a value detection system implemented in 0.2
Quote from Kristi :Not sure if there's a possible way of modding the car values so far.

There is.
Pics or didn't happen :P Anyways, I'll keep on trying to get that 1.31 on that combo and also seeking a setup for Lotus '49 at Monza. I just can't seem to get past the 1.29 high-mid whereas I see videos doing 27 mids. That's 2 damn seconds off-pace...
The files are encrypted, but it's relatively easy. I think there's a utility elsewhere on the internets that can do it. The easier thing would be to change the surfaces, as that's just plain INI files.
How drift-able is this version of the Lotus 49? Similar to GPL?
Quote from isamu :How drift-able is this version of the Lotus 49? Similar to GPL?

Low angles are possible, but I would call that powersliding rather than drifting.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The files are encrypted, but it's relatively easy. I think there's a utility elsewhere on the internets that can do it.

It's relatively easy and you believe. Right, awesome.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG