The online racing simulator
Welcome to 19 posts ago Kristi
Quote from kars19 :

AC = (~4.4 s to slow)
LFS = = ~12 s (spot on)

Maybe, but who is giving a f&ck?
Quote from cargame.nl :Maybe, but who is giving a f&ck?

Me You think it's normal when 238hp/1200kg rwd car can't spin it's tyres in 1' gear
Quote from The Moose :Welcome to 19 posts ago Kristi

I swear I Ctrl+F-ed the term youtube on this page, and it didn't find anything, so I thought I'd be kind and post it Fak.
Can someone tell me why there is basically 0 difference with the 458 on semi-slick vs street tires?
Quote from kars19 :You think it's normal when

No...

But this doesn't let the fanboys down to keep talking about this sim. My point is, it can feel like the starship enterprise on three triangle shaped wheels but kids still going to support / race it because they identify with cars they know and 'have seen' and are stunting on real life tracks. Nobody is interested in 100% real match, not even 20%, looks and brands thats the only thing that counts in 2013/14.
Quote from tikshow :Can someone tell me why there is basically 0 difference with the 458 on semi-slick vs street tires?

I couldn't tell you because I'm 2 secs a lap quicker round Imola on Semi-Slicks...

But apart from the extra grip and speed, there's no difference
Quote from The Moose :I couldn't tell you because I'm 2 secs a lap quicker round Imola on Semi-Slicks...

But apart from the extra grip and speed, there's no difference

Well I trying it on Silverstone, but I can do only a .5 sec faster laps with semi-slicks, and I can't really feel the difference in grip, nor in braking, nor at apex, nor the exit.
Quote from tikshow :Well I trying it on Silverstone, but I can do only a .5 sec faster laps with semi-slicks, and I can't really feel the difference in grip, nor in braking, nor at apex, nor the exit.

Too late for me to drive now, but i'll give it a shot around Silverstone tomorrow and see.

At Imola i can definitely brake a little later, and the extra grip is easily noticeable. It's not a massive difference, but you gain enough on every corner for it to add up well over a lap.
Street tyre on the 458 yeilds more understeer i found.
Quote from tikshow :Can someone tell me why there is basically 0 difference with the 458 on semi-slick vs street tires?

At least 1 second difference on every tracks. I thought there is no difference on E92 M3 too, at least in handling, but I just noticed being 2 seconds slower on Imola...
cant wait to see how the editing of a notepad file works for online racing

Street tyres are also much easier to overheat than the semi-slicks. If you haven't already got it, take a look at Danny Giusa's excellent tyre temperature app.
Quote from kars19 :Just did some performance testing.

AC vs LFS (both equal as possible)
0-100km/h and 50-120km/h @ 4' gear

Hmm, in AC there's a "Car Engineer" dev app. It shows the E30 M3's total mass as 1627kg, which seems a bit high? Don't think it's possible to make the car weigh that much in LFS to do a comparison.
1200kg dry weight + 75kg × 5 people = 375kg + full tank of fuel 55kg = 1630kg

In LFS I can make car weight 10 tons if I want
The problem is, why is AC's M3 that heavy?
The Car Engineer dev app is wrong, apparently. And yeah I forgot about adding passengers in LFS :-)

When I do so, the XRT at 1628kg feels a bit bogged down. Must be my imagination.
Quote from Bmxtwins :cant wait to see how the editing of a notepad file works for online racing

I don’t think they will keep it like this for the final releasr. It is a beta version after all. This way it’s easier to modify all the values in there.
Quote from Bmxtwins :cant wait to see how the editing of a notepad file works for online racing

Editing a "notepad file". They're called text files...

There's no reason the game can't ensure they're synchronised, or completely ignore the text file on disk over data in memory.
As long as the edits don't changes physics, who cares.

We have the right to do texture mods on our LFS installs, don't we?
Quote from kars19 :Just did some performance testing.

AC vs LFS (both equal as possible)
0-100km/h and 50-120km/h @ 4' gear

http://www.s14motorsport.de/0047/05.jpg

AC = 0-100km/h = ~6.3 s (spot on) 50-120km/h @ 4' gear = ~16.5 s (~4.4 s to slow)
LFS = 0-100km/h = ~6.2 s (about the same) 50-120km/h @ 4' gear = ~12 s (spot on)

My conclusion is that the AC' e30m3 lacks mid range torque, maybe that is one of the reasons of bogging down

Using some telemetry you could easily see where the differences come from. Does ac have any kind of telemetry like motec, atlas or replay analyzer?

Longitudinal acceleration vs engine revs should tell exactly where the differences in the engines are if you do a 50-120kmh run using just 4th gear in both sims. Or if it is aero issue or tire pressures or some other wonky stuff which probably shows up if you do a 100kmh-50kmh run coasting on 4th gear.

Did you have same tire dimensions for both cars? I take it that you had flat piece of track for both tests.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG