The online racing simulator
A long, long time ago
I can still remember how that music used to make me smile
And, I knew if I had my chance that I could make those people dance, and...
Maybe they'd be happy for a while
But, February made me shiver with every paper I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep - I couldn't take one more step
I can't remember if I cried when I read about his widowed bride
Something touched me deep inside the day the music died
American Dad theme song, I love that.
A song written about Buddy Holly
weezer
I didnt make it due to a yellow coming while on pitlane. But pretty cool that they have pros in the possible drivers. Martin Plowman was supposed to be there. Epic if they show
Martin Plowman was in Shanghai at 9am GMT on Saturday for the end of the WEC race, dunno if he'd get back in a hurry just for an iRacing race.
Q 5th finish 9th. Not knowing how to pit priceless
Hey, at least you didn't get caught in that midrace carnage.

I think I just found something to satisfy my winter craving for racing.
Well this was my first indycar race outside the fixed series which required greenflag pitstops. Its easy to pit a Nascar.
I encourage you to join it was awesome
I'm really dejected about the transfer race still...
Is it worth buying the Lotus 49? Many users are reporting FFB problems on the forums it seems.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Is it worth buying the Lotus 49?

Not when it handles like junk and it's on Assetto Corsa handling as it should, no.
Anyone want to borrow an iRacing account for a couple days? I am one of the sad individuals who can't help it and have all the content for someone to try out.

I am on a bender at the moment and it would be safer if I had no iracing access during this period. Plus I've got AC to play around with.

First pm with a name I recognise and I will send my account log-in details.

All I ask private sessions only please, don't wreck my SR and steal my account or post obscenities on the forum
I have the L49 and don't think its worth it. It's a fun car but if you try to race it online its liking playing russian roulette. You are bound to kill someone.
In my experience, the 49 is so horribly frightening to drive that it simply isn't worth it.
The '49 in iRacing drives you. In AC you drive it.

In both sims you really are fighting the car, but at least in AC it's a fight you can win most of the time
A litte tease from Eric Hudec (referring to the Skippy in iR and the competition):
Quote from Eric Hudec :To be fair, lap times have very little to do with quantifying handling accuracy. There are too many variables involved to compare real life lap times, which alone can vary by seconds a lap depending on the day, and what lap times are achievable in a simulation. We at iRacing try to get close to realistic lap times but that is not even close to our main focus. That being said, I think our Skippy is very good. Wait until next season!

Wouldn't be surprised if they have all along been holding stuff back, waiting for AC. Unless Dave has turned a pig into the best Tyre Model ever, then it won't be enough for me and for a lot of people.
So, I heard AC has best tire model ever that you catch air over curbs.
Quote from Bmxtwins :So, I heard AC has best tire model ever that you catch air over curbs.

Ray, take this from a friend.

Stop making yourself look a fool.

To mention one physics flaw of AC in the iRacing thread, which has so many physics flaws that it's no longer funny, is foolish in the extreme.

Sorry mate, had to say it.
Don't blame him. All he does is drive in circles, not much that can go wrong there, even on iRacing.
Quote from menantoll :Ray, take this from a friend.

Stop making yourself look a fool.

To mention one physics flaw of AC in the iRacing thread, which has so many physics flaws that it's no longer funny, is foolish in the extreme.

Sorry mate, had to say it.

It was meant to be, Nick

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG