The online racing simulator
What a great race...

5th year in a row that the difference between 1st and 2nd has been less than 1 second.
If anyone missed it, I demand you download it and at least watch the last 20-40 laps.
So the final race of the BTCC will decide the Champion, will it be Andrew Jordan or Jason Plato. Jordan 15points in front, 22points on offer

Yum Yum

You might be able to watch it live here http://www.itv.com/itv4/

Fordie
Thought I noticed that too
Very happy for Jordan!
Quote from TFalke55 :That'll be something I'm looking foreward to

Something rather surprising today, at least from my point of view: AMG is going to built a new Mercedes Touring Car, a Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series. It is the newest customer product, developed with the help of HWA and Bernd Schneider, and comes in different specifications for the use in different championships. It is delivered with either FWD or AWD. The standard engine will be a 2,0l Turbo with 265 kW / 360 HP and 450 Nm.

The question is, where is it going to run? VLN might be a place, where Opel Performace ran a single make cup with their Astras within the championship. Also the creation of national single make cups is thinkable.

German media reports, Mercedes (AMG Customer Sports) is willing to devellop make a WTCC version of this car, if teams are interested. However it would still be a pure private affair.

(translated article)
Quote from troy :go tander!

Pfft, it would have been a great injustice had Tander gained more from the horrible dives on Lowndes and Bright. Him getting away with them at all made me want to club baby seals .

The final ~21 laps were really tense and not even brought on by a late safety car, and I'm happy to see the #10 Priaulx/Ekstrom car finish well too.

Are we there yet? #GoldCoast600.
Good racing
Quote from Fordman :So the final race of the BTCC will decide the Champion, will it be Andrew Jordan or Jason Plato. Jordan 15points in front, 22points on offer

Yum Yum

You might be able to watch it live here http://www.itv.com/itv4/

Fordie

Andrew Jordan deserved to win, but i reckon plato dropped back in last race so that Jordon would win, fair play to plato, good sportsman ship.
Quote from jjones :i reckon plato dropped back in last race so that Jordon would win, fair play to plato, good sportsman ship.

If you honestly believe that you know nothing about racing drivers in general or Plato in particular. The notion that he wouldn't do everything within his power to win the championship for himself and his sponsors is totally laughable.
Quote from amp88 :If you honestly believe that you know nothing about racing drivers in general or Plato in particular. The notion that he wouldn't do everything within his power to win the championship for himself and his sponsors is totally laughable.

Same mentality as those who didn't want to see Hamilton win in '08 said Glock let him through.
Quote from amp88 :If you honestly believe that you know nothing about racing drivers in general or Plato in particular. The notion that he wouldn't do everything within his power to win the championship for himself and his sponsors is totally laughable.

I agree m8!

I must admit, that had crossed my mind. Plato was off the pace in the third race compared to race 2 where he had the same ballast as race 3. It almost felt like after a handful of laps he knew he couldn't do it so dropped back behind Jordan to make sure Team Dynamics wouldn't win. Pure speculation, of course.
are there any big changes in the DTM regs for 2014? Read somewhere that both DTM and SuperGT would change to turbo engines in the near future, but all I can find are the regs for 2013.
Quote from ACCAkut :are there any big changes in the DTM regs for 2014? Read somewhere that both DTM and SuperGT would change to turbo engines in the near future, but all I can find are the regs for 2013.

Super GT cars have already been shown there are all using 4cyl turbos for 2014.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2qdf80jfFA Kubica and Loeb on track.

Quote from ACCAkut :are there any big changes in the DTM regs for 2014? Read somewhere that both DTM and SuperGT would change to turbo engines in the near future, but all I can find are the regs for 2013.

Quote from Mustafur :Super GT cars have already been shown there are all using 4cyl turbos for 2014.

no changes yet for DTM though. Engines are frozen, rest may be develloped slightly. The change from M3 to M4 is more a public relations thingy in my eyes. DTM targets to switch to the Super GT engines later (currently there is rumores 2015/6, as manufacturers wish to continue with the current engine generation)
Will this be better for us Europeans?
Quote from JackDaMaster :Will this be better for us Europeans?

I guess so. Later in the day means that it will be at a semi-reasonable timespot for you guys.
Let the headlight games begin :d
Well if the track isn't lit you're gonna see basically nothing of what's going on on track. I'd prefer to be awake at a stupid time in the morning than struggle to focus on a nightrace at 8in the morning..
Quote from BlueFlame :Well if the track isn't lit you're gonna see basically nothing of what's going on on track. I'd prefer to be awake at a stupid time in the morning than struggle to focus on a nightrace at 8in the morning..

Adelaide is a street circuit though so it will be lit somewhat.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG