The online racing simulator
Black Range Rover runs over bikers in NYC
(66 posts, started )
Quote from PMD9409 :They are correct when they say cars don't see them. That's not when they are in packs. When they are alone, cars can be serious dicks toward single riders. It's definitely not uncommon. You're making a bad comparison to be honest.

You're missing the point. Yea a single motorcycle will most probably get 'taken advantage of' on the road, so to speak but alot of bikers hate on cars and just take stupid liberties on the road just to play the 'didn't you see me' card.
Quote from PMD9409 :They are correct when they say cars don't see them. That's not when they are in packs. When they are alone, cars can be serious dicks toward single riders. It's definitely not uncommon. You're making a bad comparison to be honest.

I drive a van for work with no rear windows. I regularly get bikers sit exactly in the rear of the vehicle and so close I cannot see them. Usually I might catch a glimpse of a shadow or something similar to let me know there is a ****tard behind me.

"I didn't see you?" You're damn ****ing right I didn't. Don't ride like a **** and people will be able to see you.
Quote from BlueFlame :You're missing the point. Yea a single motorcycle will most probably get 'taken advantage of' on the road, so to speak but alot of bikers hate on cars and just take stupid liberties on the road just to play the 'didn't you see me' card.

So both take advantage of each other given the situations. Thanks for saying I miss the point, yet have no idea what I'm actually saying. Both 'groups' of people do stupid things all the time. Probably more stupid things come from people with cars. When bikers say "cars don't see me" it has nothing to do normally with when they are behind you. Instead it has to do for when cars pull out onto the road directly in from of them and the bikes either hit them or have to dodge them in a dangerous way. Also when cars just start to cut over on them as if they don't exist. That's what I've heard majority of bikers talk about when "cars don't see us". Any of them with a brain would never follow a car directly behind it, but instead run in line with the LR a few car lengths back.

As for bikers in groups, total dicks at times. Not a fan of when they block an intersection in order to 'stay together' but they do it. Outside of the occasional harassing, normally the bikers aren't putting the cars in any danger.

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I drive a van for work with no rear windows. I regularly get bikers sit exactly in the rear of the vehicle and so close I cannot see them. Usually I might catch a glimpse of a shadow or something similar to let me know there is a ****tard behind me.

"I didn't see you?" You're damn ****ing right I didn't. Don't ride like a **** and people will be able to see you.

Get rear windows then? You're missing 50% of your view rearward and you're blaming the biker? I know you're lanes over there aren't as wide, so he probably can't hang out on the left side of the lanes like they do here, but that doesn't necessarily sound like their fault at all.
Quote from PMD9409 :

Get rear windows then? You're missing 50% of your view rearward and you're blaming the biker? I know you're lanes over there aren't as wide, so he probably can't hang out on the left side of the lanes like they do here, but that doesn't necessarily sound like their fault at all.

Since when did a panel van have rear windows? The idea of having your loadspace closed off is so people don't use it as a shop window and take what they want....
Talk about missing the point, good job.
Quote from PMD9409 :Talk about missing the point, good job.

Says the guy creating 'solutions' that defy practicality.
Yeah, the solution for not being able to see someone behind you when not having rear windows is to create them, else don't complain. Stop crying about other people when in the end it is your own fault.

Obviously the 'solution' wasn't practical, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
Quote from BlueFlame :Says the guy creating 'solutions' that defy practicality.

says the guy who thinks drafting in a corner in lfs is faster than on a straight :P
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah, the solution for not being able to see someone behind you when not having rear windows is to create them, else don't complain. Stop crying about other people when in the end it is your own fault.

Obviously the 'solution' wasn't practical, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

What about a truck? You're just supposed to drive a greenhouse or what? I mean if you don't see the guy it's your fault apparently.

When riding a two wheeled vehicle you take a primary position in the road and give as much room as you would if you were in a car. If someone THEN says they didn't see you, you have a reason to be annoyed. End of.
Quote from BlueFlame :What about a truck? You're just supposed to drive a greenhouse or what? I mean if you don't see the guy it's your fault apparently.

So the less visibility you have the more superior you are? Truck drivers should be just as aware of their surroundings. Yes, bike riders should be much more on point when around them no doubt, but I don't see what you're trying to add to the conversation besides useless arguing.

In the end it isn't about bikers vs cars vs vans vs trucks, it is just people vs people. Narrowing it down just makes for a bad comparison, which was my original point.
Quote from PMD9409 :

it is just people vs people. Narrowing it down just makes for a bad comparison, which was my original point.

Tru dat.

xbox vs ps3 syndrome.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah, the solution for not being able to see someone behind you when not having rear windows is to create them, else don't complain.

But couldn't one say that the solution for not being able to be seen by someone is to not ride where you know they can't see you? If not, why not? If so, then why does this hold any less ground than your apparent solution?

Your solution also only half-solves the problem, by doing so simply horizontally. It does not solve the problem of vertical visibility. In most vans that I have seen, the bottom of the rear window is usually roughly at the same height as the bottom of the front windows. In older vans they are sometimes higher Now, imagine a line from the mirror out through the back window and to the ground. Anything below that line, the driver cannot see. And that's if there is nothing inside the van. The longer the length of the van, the more of a problem it is.

The only solution on top of that to improve vertical visibility would be a fresnel lens as you see on school buses. However, those create so much distortion that it might make it more difficult to see things that are farther away. They also seem to easily get air bubbles between them and the glass from what I can remember. It's been years since I've been on a schoolbus.
Really getting into that comment I see.

I still don't understand the huge concern in seeing the person on the bike directly behind you. If they hit you from behind, then that would be their fault. It's no different than a car. The whole "cars not seeing bikes" are more for when cars turn out of a side road when a bike is coming, or when a car changes lanes when a bike is clearly there next to it.

Anyways, the worst case of road rage is here.
Quote from PMD9409 :I still don't understand the huge concern in seeing the person on the bike directly behind you.

Don't ask me. I was just responding to your comment lol
Undercover NYPD Cop Watched SUV Driver Get Beaten
Quote from BlueFlame :You're missing the point. Yea a single motorcycle will most probably get 'taken advantage of' on the road, so to speak but alot of bikers hate on cars and just take stupid liberties on the road just to play the 'didn't you see me' card.

I have a t shirt that says, "honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a motorcycle. I don't generally wear it as I don't need to antagonize idiots into messing with me, but I will carry the gun.
I carry Ball Bearings for the more discriminating dick holes too.
" I didn't see them".... It sounds like a lame excuse, but sometimes they really can't. That's why bikers have to be the eyes for the other drivers.

Helmet laws... Helmet laws suck! Wear I live, there's really not a helmet law for riders over 18.
I wear a brain bucket. I just don't see why there should be a law to enforce this.
A guy I used to ride with got t boned by a teenager leaving a parking lot and not thinking of where she was going. The poor girl had to pull her POS mother out of a bar and the lush was distracting her with insults as the girl was leaving the parking lot. They estimated the hit at slightly less than 30 mph. If he was wearing a helmet, all he would have had was two broke ribs and maybe a concussion. Now he's six feet under.

Texas had temporarily became a nanny state and reinstated helmet laws for a brief time in the 1990s on Jan. 1st. 1998 (?), my friend's parents were riding on their Harley to a New Year's Day Breakfast celebration. Some sort of group get together.
On their way there, they too were t-boned by a drunk driver - in a tow truck! Only this time they were wearing helmets. Too bad the force of the impact decapitated them.
An interesting side-note to this was that later the tow-truck driver was bailed out by a certain motorcycle enthusiast organization and hasn't been heard from since.

I dunno.. After seeing the video, the club should've let the punishment fit the crime. Sure the guy hit the kid on the bike. If the kid on the bike wasn't riding like an idiot though, he might not have gotten bumped. But then again, the driver had plenty of reaction time to the guy on the bike. If he was looking where he was supposed to be, he wouldn't have hit the guy either.

I've been on ONE toy run. You basically pay an outlaw biker club five bucks or bring a toy to ride in this charity parade that's supposed to show the public that they're not gangsters. During the run, traffic is blocked and you spend the time waving at old people and little kids that are on the side of the road.
One part of the run put us on the freeway. It wasn't all that coordinated at that point, and not all the entrance ramps were blocked properly. Anyways, some jerk off in a car decides they can just go all into us. they surrounded the car and sort of just forced it to the side of the road and proceeded to scare the living hell out of the moron. I just flipped him off and several others brandished guns (Hey! This IS Texas you know and they didn't point them) as we rode past. But no one hit him, hassled him or messed up his car. And I'm sure that he became a better, more courteous driver because of it.
Quote from Racer Y :they surrounded the car and sort of just forced it to the side of the road and proceeded to scare the living hell out of the moron. I just flipped him off and several others brandished guns (Hey! This IS Texas you know and they didn't point them) as we rode past.

Quote :PENAL CODE

TITLE 9. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND DECENCY

CHAPTER 42. DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES

Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

They may not call it brandishing in Texas, but it's essentially the same thing, and it's still illegal.
i would very like to do this in london like every day
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah, the solution for not being able to see someone behind you when not having rear windows is to create them, else don't complain. Stop crying about other people when in the end it is your own fault.

I drive a van daily also and I find it rather wierd to plant a windows to somewhere they arent beeing placed originally. And that is actually for a reason... They have no use most of the time anyway since there´s shatloads of stuff back there. I´m rather sure i would have been robbed several times over the years by now if i had windows on my cargospace. Also i can easily see whats going on behind me thanks to great sidemirrors, wich makes maneuvering van easier than a familycar. can´t see directly behind but that is irrelevant anyway since tailgating someone is forbidden by law here. if he decides to smash in, it´s his own problem and fault anyway. Also even if i had rear windows i could not see the biker anyway thanks to the height.
i hate bikers
90% of them are idiots,mostly low iq,,,trying to act like "gang"(or they are)

still i dont understand why police dont kill/arrest them ...like batman ...that would be nice.

:throwrose
Quote from undertaker00 :i hate bikers
90% of them are idiots,mostly low iq,,,trying to act like "gang"(or they are)

still i dont understand why police dont kill/arrest them ...like batman ...that would be nice.

:throwrose

....Good for you....
Uhhh... AFAIK this was a blue club. That's a club that has cops in it as real members.
Quote from Forbin :They may not call it brandishing in Texas, but it's essentially the same thing, and it's still illegal.

Of course it was illegal... I think they were too drunk to care though

Black Range Rover runs over bikers in NYC
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG