The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :Sorry that simple physics are lost on you. You use your acceleration energy to fight forces pulling you down. The balance of these forces are what is important.

It's exactly the same as having a car with more weight... is it really such a hard concept to understand???

Wait, you think the increased rolling resistance (minimal) would negate the massive traction advantage?
Quote from sinbad :Wait, you think the increased rolling resistance (minimal) would negate the massive traction advantage?

No. The concept is what people didn't seem to understand. I wasn't emphasizing it's effects, only emphasizing its existence.
A diffuser produces very little drag btw, it may even reduce drag in relation to how much downforce it produces.
Hamilton thinks RBR has found something new
They have been ahead since the middle of 2009. They aren't ahead because of 1 thing, it's never 1 thing if it was then surely someone would have learned it by now. If you sit down, and look at it logically(like in this article) then it makes a lot more sense.
Quote from JackDaMaster :A diffuser produces very little drag btw, it may even reduce drag in relation to how much downforce it produces.

Surely you mean a diffuser yields less drag compared to a front or rear wing for example, not that a diffuser reduces drag.....
Quote from BlueFlame :Surely you mean a diffuser yields less drag compared to a front or rear wing for example, not that a diffuser reduces drag.....

A diffuser helps with pressure recovery. i.e. filling the void behind the car with air. Also you should actually read my post. I never said that a diffuser reduces overall drag. It produces a lot of downforce for little drag cost. Think about ratio of downforce to drag.
If the drag of downforce was equal to the gain in speed by not having the extra downforce, then i doubt the teams would spend any money in developing aero as it would come to the same result as minimal areo, of course in reality there are tracks like monaco which would be faster with maximum aero and drag then minimal areo and no drag.

Gaining time out of Aero has always been about gaining downforce with the minimal drag increase and in other cases, drag reduction without reducing downforce.

Im Sure if Redbull wanted they could make their car much slower in the top end for even better downforce but they are likely to be in scienario of drag reduction and Mechanical advantage.
Oh dear Blueflame. Wrong on so many levels.

And yes, a well thought out diffuser can actually lower the drag of the car compared to no diffuser or a poor one, but all the diffusers in F1 are very good. But if you gain 1% more downforce at 50mph, that's effectively for free as the drag forces will be very small. The skill is to gain that 1% at 50mph without decreasing efficiency (i.e. without creating lots of drag) at 160mph.
I think they found a new form of ground effects
Quote from Bmxtwins :I think they found a new form of ground effects

some kind of ground effect that is within the rules. didn't they ban that completely?
You can't ban ground effects. That's a natural thing that occurs in real life. You can't ban real life, physics, chemistry.

They banned certain ways of attaining ground effect. But if you can devise a way to get it back without breaking those rules then it's fair game. Until it gets banned by the FIA for being clever.
21. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Cosworth 1m41.169s +2.828s
22. Max Chilton Marussia-Cosworth 1m41.322s +2.981s

wtf Chilton not 5 sec behind bianchi anymore
Great qualification by the Saubers, and Crashjean. Räi, no idea. I guess it's the same lack of care he showed right before getting bought out from Ferrari..
If this was the 80's Hulkenberg would have H-Shifted it to pole and Senna'd this race like Jerez. Goddamn I'm so impressed by the youngster.
Send Di Shista back to DTM.
Rosberg's front wing suddenly fails, then Perez's tire blows up bring out the safety car...
Now THAT was one of the strangest things I've seen... Webber gets on fire again, but a fire truck then drives onto the track UNDER GREEN!
Too many things going on right now that is just crazy.
Vettel diaf. You dont have the right to celebrate and think you did well in a Formula 1 car while the entire other field ran in GP2 cars.
This ****** needs to get off his high horse and stop starting his interviews with "its a long race".
He should wipe that brown finger of his cuz its been up marko serveral times.
Hats off to Hulk, he did really well. No comment on Boullier sending Gro on Rai, seems like he's so bitter that Kimi is leaving. No one works for free, big boy. But Kimi didn't give a **** and had a great race with tons of luck under SC, P9 -> P2 is not bad.

Oh and Massa. I have no words. Idiot.
Quote from arox123 :
he should wipe that brown finger of his cuz its been up marko serveral times.

Heh
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Hats off to Hulk, he did really well. No comment on Boullier sending Gro on Rai, seems like he's so bitter that Kimi is leaving. No one works for free, big boy. But Kimi didn't give a **** and had a great race with tons of luck under SC, P9 -> P2 is not bad.

Oh and Massa. I have no words. Idiot.

At least Massa managed a decent recovery after his spin to finish 9th.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG