The online racing simulator
I doubt rbr would risk such a penalty when they are this far ahead in the points
Quote from Bmxtwins :I doubt rbr would risk such a penalty when they are this far ahead in the points

If they've been doing anything illegal the chances are Ray, that they've been doing it for some time.
I wouldn't say it's surely illegal. Newey just couldn't sleep at night and found out something.
It won't be illegal outright, it will fall into a grey area which the teams had an understanding on. They will then ask for clarification, it will be banned, RBR will remove it and they will still have the fastest car and Vettel will still win the title. If you've got Newey on your side, then you have more sleeves, bigger sleeves, and better stuff to hide up them than any other team.
Well that looks slightly suspicious.
Already seen this ages ago, pretty sure it kicked up a big stink but someone suggested its normal.when bouncing off the limiter.

I doubt its traction control though, maybe an.engine mapping that can be used similar to one.
It can be vibrations of the chassis bouncing the car along the track causing these staggered tyre marks but the reality is, nothing to THAT extent. What I find interesting is it's clearly in the 2nd phase of corner exit that these staggered marks appear.
Quote from Mustafur :Already seen this ages ago, pretty sure it kicked up a big stink but someone suggested its normal.when bouncing off the limiter.

I doubt its traction control though, maybe an.engine mapping that can be used similar to one.

It's something in racing terms called tire shake ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfJejgODr3E )

It's quite common on any race cars that when the rear tires or front tires becomes to stressed it starts to shake another example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wpmuzSBuV0 a trained eye can see some sort of 'wobble' or tire looking unstable, and it doesn't take much more than a small little dent in the road for a tire to get off balance, and it doesn't mean much in handling, most people don't actually know it's going on.
Here's an onboard view from my camaro, and you can see quite clearly how the tire behaves : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8HJmfYxgH0
The Webber pic from Canada above has already been debunked months ago as wheel hop. Note that the treads are solid until the rear tyres cross the seam of the new patch of track surface to the old. Also, if you think this is actually a traction control system it's doing a horrible job. The Vettel 'sound' video from Singapore is just cylinder deactivation / cut. Unfortunately the desire that some people have to discover Red Bull are cheating causes them to lose any kind of rationality.
Quote from amp88 :The Webber pic from Canada above has already been debunked months ago as wheel hop. Note that the treads are solid until the rear tyres cross the seam of the new patch of track surface to the old. Also, if you think this is actually a traction control system it's doing a horrible job. The Vettel 'sound' video from Singapore is just cylinder deactivation / cut. Unfortunately the desire that some people have to discover Red Bull are cheating causes them to lose any kind of rationality.

2 seconds comes from thin air?

they obviously found something, something that has more effect then even a blown diffuser did on the non blown diffuser cars.
Yes, 2 seconds can come from thin air. Vettel driving perfectly. The car working well with good upgrades. Getting the tyres into the zone and keeping them there...

Winners don't have to be cheating to win.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes, 2 seconds can come from thin air. Vettel driving perfectly. The car working well with good upgrades. Getting the tyres into the zone and keeping them there...

Never said Redbull was cheating.
You didn't have to, it's easy to read what you are implying.
I assume everyone is cheating so it's pointless throwing that accusation around.

It's fairly obvious that the RBR, especially since the new tyres came in, are a million miles ahead. Paul Hembrey said it himself when everyone was complaining about the tyres.

Vettel is good, he isn't THAT good. The car is just on another level to everyone else.
I'd like to hear all the other cars go through the corner without a screaming engine or multiple screaming engines drowning out the low engine speed sounds. There are clearly some similar "bwarp"s from other cars throughout the field, but it's impossible to conclude anything from this video either way, really.

Hard to imagine Ferrari wouldn't have noticed this already though, if there is the slightest bit of truth to it.
RBR doesn't cheat, they use my3id setups
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :You didn't have to, it's easy to read what you are implying.

To suggest they have found something means cheating?

Think about it for a second.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes, 2 seconds can come from thin air. Vettel driving perfectly. The car working well with good upgrades. Getting the tyres into the zone and keeping them there...

Well it doesn't mean they're cheating anyway, they OBVIOUSLY have found something extra that the other teams aren't aware of/on top of. A 2second gap between top level F1 cars is just insane. With the amount of crossover examinations they give their cars and money involved.

Just look at the grid. Caterham and Marussia are like what 1second ish off the back of the grid?

Everyone inbetween is at LEAST within 2 seconds of Ferrari but RB/Vettel are 2seconds quicker than them?

People have a right to be suspicious, I wouldn't personally suggest anything ILLEGAL but would suggest something (disregarding this 'tc' stuff entirely) they have is giving them such an advantage.

In regards to tyre shake Dennis, it could be a differential or drive-shaft imbalance because the tyre tracks are consistent and then they just seem to shake madly after 20meters. Although the more obvious prognosis is that the track has some washboard bumps there and was causing the rear tyres to skip over them.
Ground effect maybe?
Quote from BlueFlame :

In regards to tyre shake Dennis, it could be a differential or drive-shaft imbalance because the tyre tracks are consistent and then they just seem to shake madly after 20meters. Although the more obvious prognosis is that the track has some washboard bumps there and was causing the rear tyres to skip over them.

that imbalance would destroy itself after no time, so that's not the case.
Quote from BlueFlame :Everyone inbetween is at LEAST within 2 seconds of Ferrari but RB/Vettel are 2seconds quicker than them?

The problem with that is that you can't really say Vettel was 2 secs quicker than anyone else in the race, for a number of reasons.

A few resources to consider:

Questioning Red Bull's pace in Singapore?
Singapore Grand Prix: Race Notes

Because of the rhythm of the race (including SC), the fact Rosberg was artificially slow (tyre debris / inconsistent pace) and that Vettel saved a set of super softs by only running once in Q3 all came together to make Vettel appear vastly superior in the race. Of course, he was the quickest guy out there, but you can't simply say he was 2s quicker than everyone else; the circumstances don't support that kind of assertion.

Quote from BlueFlame :In regards to tyre shake Dennis, it could be a differential or drive-shaft imbalance because the tyre tracks are consistent and then they just seem to shake madly after 20meters. Although the more obvious prognosis is that the track has some washboard bumps there and was causing the rear tyres to skip over them.

As I said above, look at the seam between the new patch and the old track surface. That's really what caused the wheel hop and the oscillation.
What lap did rosberg get the tyre chunk lodged in his wing?
Quote from Mustafur :What lap did rosberg get the tyre chunk lodged in his wing?

What race was this?

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG