The online racing simulator
#776 - CSF
Quote from Mustafur :Someone knows how fast cars are going to be next year it seems.

I think the Renault will be the engine to have, they have an excellent track record when engine regs change and were definitely the engine to have in 2006 when they changed to V8s, only to lose out when they froze engines and the rest didn't stop developing.

Of course all speculation. but i think the engine package will be more then 50% on what makes the car next year, so even midfielder teams with the best engine will likely be getting a few podiums.

AS Usaac said I was talking about the rest of 2013.

Quote from Mustafur :Don't see a year Kimi has had a car anywhere near as fast as the 2005 car relative to the rest of the field, and other then the two seasons that followed 2005 I would say the same about Alonso.

2005 blurs reality because the Mclaren was leaps and bounds faster then everything, more so then any RedBull we have seen but had the worst reliability possible, barely ever started from the front due to constantly changing engines and getting penalties and then retiring many races.

That's not really the point. The point was Kimi. If you look at Kimi pre comeback he was always able to pull something out of nothing, even in his terrible title defence he would pull out something that would make you think 'where did that come from?' Nothing Kimi has done since his comeback has said he has that blistering speed anymore, but it's a more consistent speed. He also seems to think more about his driving, I don't think it's just the Lotus that keeps its tyres well.
Quote from CSF :AS Usaac said I was talking about the rest of 2013.

That's not really the point. The point was Kimi. If you look at Kimi pre comeback he was always able to pull something out of nothing, even in his terrible title defence he would pull out something that would make you think 'where did that come from?' Nothing Kimi has done since his comeback has said he has that blistering speed anymore, but it's a more consistent speed. He also seems to think more about his driving, I don't think it's just the Lotus that keeps its tyres well.

The thing with that I feel comes down to the fact Massa was much more closer to Kimis performance then Grosjean by a long shot, but Kimi had the ability to go the extra mile when needed, I reckon next year will be a good indication of where both drivers are, right now there is still a thing about the lotus where you don't know whether its kimi or the car so people are not really shocked no matter what he does as the curve of performance from the Lotus doesn't stay still.

Its like trying to judge Vettel against say Alonso or Hamilton by his performances against Webber, for all we know he could be the best there is, or be another Damon hill or JV.
They should really give an unlimited fuel tank capacity. Nobody is being more 'efficient' in F1 with their fuel, all that happens is they go balls to teh wall [fuel wise] until the last pitstop and then they just cruise. That ain't racin.
No they don't. In fact, I would say it's the other way around. None of them can truly race untill the final laps. They now what times they cannot go over to get to the end of the race with the optimum fuel load. If they use under that during the race distance then they can turn the heat up a tad for the last laps if they need too.

They would run full burn fuel loads if the weight penalty didn't mean that would actually be slower over the full race distance. More weight, more power needed to shift it, more fuel will be burnt, more fuel will be needed. Less weight, less power, less fuel, faster race distance time.

It's counter intuitive, but thats actually how it works. I don't think it's right personally. I think you should have these motors running at thier peak with all power available at all time. None of this push to pass bollocks and adaptive air flow body work shit.

Just let the drivers press the loud pedal as hard as they can. That's racing.
Quote from Funnybear :No they don't. In fact, I would say it's the other way around. None of them can truly race untill the final laps. They now what times they cannot go over to get to the end of the race with the optimum fuel load. If they use under that during the race distance then they can turn the heat up a tad for the last laps if they need too.

They would run full burn fuel loads if the weight penalty didn't mean that would actually be slower over the full race distance. More weight, more power needed to shift it, more fuel will be burnt, more fuel will be needed. Less weight, less power, less fuel, faster race distance time.

It's counter intuitive, but thats actually how it works. I don't think it's right personally. I think you should have these motors running at thier peak with all power available at all time. None of this push to pass bollocks and adaptive air flow body work shit.

Just let the drivers press the loud pedal as hard as they can. That's racing.

The weight penalty of a bigger tank is less if you're able to run the engine harder. If you're doing faster laps because you're able to push, then the weight disadvantage is negated.

Fuel usage/power ratio is all relative. The fastest way around teh track is not to have a less fuel than necessary to finish a race and then coast around until the end. The fastest way is to have enough fuel, and no more. Which in reality is an impossible task.

What you're saying is similar to someone saying a mini would be faster around a race track than an F1 car, because a mini didn't have to use it's brakes as it was travelling slowly enough to go everywhere flat out.

The situation is they are limited on their fuel tank size, which is the FIAs way of trying to reduce costs/ improve efficiency but all that happens is the team find another strategy which is to run less fuel than needed and coast it out at some point in the race. That strategy isn't faster than a tank that suits teh engines needs, it's a strategy thats faster given the rules that the FIA have at the moment.
Quote from BlueFlame :The situation is they are limited on their fuel tank size

2013 - wrong
2014 - wrong

2014 - limited on fuel flow limit
Quote from JackDaMaster :2013 - wrong
2014 - wrong

2014 - limited on fuel flow limit

I' was sure they had a limit on fuel cell capacity.
Tell it to the F1 fans who are bored of this. I would say it's an understandable situation. Vettel wins 4 WDC having a dominating car. Success comes easily, knowing there are quite a few brilliant drivers on the grid who are actually doing the show instead of hotlapping. Fans were tolerant until now.
Its not just the car, he is doing the best job also this season. I mean what should he do, tell Red Bull to give him a worse car? He is in the right place at the right time, but there is no guarantee it will keep happening throughout his career so why should he stop? The problem is the cars the other teams are giving aren't equal to the Red Bull consistently enough - it's not his fault.
I didn't say it's his fault and I agree, he does what he has to do. Even if it's not so good for the sport.
Newey Williams era version 2 only this time they got some talent behind the wheel.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Its not just the car, he is doing the best job also this season. I mean what should he do, tell Red Bull to give him a worse car? He is in the right place at the right time, but there is no guarantee it will keep happening throughout his career so why should he stop? The problem is the cars the other teams are giving aren't equal to the Red Bull consistently enough - it's not his fault.

The difference is you can do what Vettel has done without being a ****. That's the difference. Vettel pissed all over RB with the Malaysia incident by ignoring them and pissed over the whole F1 community by doing so.
I dont think he did to be honest. I think people dislike him and want a reason to dislike him, so that fits the bill nicely. Most people here who post against him did it before Malaysia too. The only other guy to win 4 titles in a row was Schumacher, and he was "a dick" too. The other guy who is seemingly the only guy to put Vettel under any sort of consistent pressure during these 4 years, Alonso - is also "a dick". It comes with the territory. To get to the all round level you need to be winning 4 titles, you have to be ruthless.
I think Vettel is the nicest multiple world champion in decades actually. And he's clearly the best in F1 at the moment, marginally better than Alonso right now.
Quote from IsaacPrice :The only other guy to win 4 titles in a row was Schumacher, and he was "a dick" too.

Fangio won 4 in a row too ('54-'57) and by all accounts he wasn't "a dick".
Schumacher was a bit of a dick yea, but actually he NEVER bit the hand that fed him. He never disobeyed team-orders, when Eddie Irvine challenged for the title in '99 Schumacher supported their effort fully. Contrary to Vettel who wants every stat to cross his T's and dot his i's.

If all your success in your career, what you built your whole life towards, rested on one organization and they ordered you to hold station and not attack your team-mate [who even at that point quite obviously didn't have long to go in F1 anyway]. Would you have done the same thing? No, nobody would have done that.

The guy has no respect. For his team, for Mark, for any other driver on the grid. Which is only cemented by [on the rare occasion he does get attacked] he does these desperate and forceful moves to push people to the, and beyond the limits of the track. See Suzuka 2011 start vs Button for example.

That's the only reason I despise him with moral logic rather than just opinion. Regardless of what I believe of his true potential, he's on the limit of the car and to be fair yea.. great but it's not like Alonso, Hamilton or even Hulkenberg or Bianchi would be getting anything less out of that car either.

Lets be honest, people who favour Vettel are either ex-Schumacher fans or people who've only watched F1 for 5 minutes. Every driver on the grid has spent all that time of their lives trying to make it to F1, and when they do there's a spoilt lil shit who gets everything he wants and it's still not enough. You just don't go about it the way Vettel has, unless you're a child of course.

When you see other drivers win you see that special feeling and they genuinely thank the team and the driver went the extra mile to do it. With Vettel all you see is green eyes and another line on the mental chalk board.

To be successful doesn't mean you have to be a ****, look at Rossi for instance.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think Vettel is the nicest multiple world champion in decades actually. And he's clearly the best in F1 at the moment, marginally better than Alonso right now.

no, alonso is god. no one is better than him
Quote from BlueFlame :Lets be honest, people who favour Vettel are either ex-Schumacher fans or people who've only watched F1 for 5 minutes.

Schumi fans stayed Ferrari fans and now hate Vettel, unless they are complete band-wagoners.

You're right on the second point, though. The only Vettel fans I know are people who started watching post 2009.
Quote from amp88 :Fangio won 4 in a row too ('54-'57) and by all accounts he wasn't "a dick".

For some reason I thought he didn't win 4 in a row. But anyway F1 isn't really the same as it is now. He wasn't a dick, but he took over other peoples cars to win races when his broke down etc - it was the done thing back then(like Schumacher with team orders) but it's still ruthless. And that's the same as what Vettel is. He's a perfectly friendly guy, I don't like him but I don't think he is cold or arrogant more than the average driver.
Blueflame you can be such a hypocrite sometimes.

You jump all over anybody that says a race was dull, labelling them as "not proper f1 fans" or words to that effect, but now you're saying nobody is supposed to like Vettel, and anybody could just as easily apply your odd logic to that and say that you obviously aren't a true f1 fan if you don't appreciate Vettels and RbRs ruthless and ruthlessly efficient winning mentality. How much more f1 could you get than that? Don't like it? Find another sport perhaps.

So offer your opinion all you wish, but give up with the stupid labelling and attempts to undermine anyone that disagrees.
Quote from amp88 :Fangio won 4 in a row too ('54-'57) and by all accounts he wasn't "a dick".

back in the 50s f1 wasnt watched and discussed online by millions of bitter whinging brits who despise anyone remotely successful doubly so if theyre not british triply so if theyre french or german
Haha yeah and that. Especially now with the radio comments going out, every driver can be made to look like a bit of a dick or selfish - but I know sort of from experience that when you're driving you say things that are relevant to the race you're in, to your team that you trust - it doesn't necessarily mean how it sounds when you take it out of context.
Quote from sinbad :Blueflame you can be such a hypocrite sometimes.

You jump all over anybody that says a race was dull, labelling them as "not proper f1 fans" or words to that effect, but now you're saying nobody is supposed to like Vettel, and anybody could just as easily apply your odd logic to that and say that you obviously aren't a true f1 fan if you don't appreciate Vettels and RbRs ruthless and ruthlessly efficient winning mentality. How much more f1 could you get than that? Don't like it? Find another sport perhaps.

So offer your opinion all you wish, but give up with the stupid labelling and attempts to undermine anyone that disagrees.

As I said, doesn't matter how successful you are it's not excuse for being ****s.

I haven't said that nobody is supposed to like Vettel but to be fair that's the truth of it.

Anyone with a moral compass probably won't like him and actually that seems to be the case, as proven with the boos he receives in hordes at pretty much every GP. People only favour someone with honour, dignity and respect because if you're a man, then these are the 3 rules you live by.

If someone in your workplace did something like what Vettel has done you'd ****in hate the guy unconditionally. So really I'm hypocrit? No. It don't matter who you are, if you're a **** then you don't get my respect. 4 time WDC or not.

Anyway lets move on.

Quote from blueflame :as i said, doesn't matter how successful you are it's not excuse for being ****s.

I haven't said that nobody is supposed to like vettel but to be fair that's the truth of it.

Anyone with a moral compass probably won't like him and actually that seems to be the case, as proven with the boos he receives in hordes at pretty much every gp. People only favour someone with honour, dignity and respect because if you're a man, then these are the 3 rules you live by.

If someone in your workplace did something like what vettel has done you'd ****in hate the guy unconditionally. So really i'm hypocrit? No. It don't matter who you are, if you're a **** then you don't get my respect. 4 time wdc or not.

+1

Why did nobody think of the fact that it's not the fans to blame? They are not the same fans booing from race to race and it's not because Vettel is winning. Real fans don't care about results, I bet Caterham and Marussia have tons of fans as well. I mean, come on, in the Schumi era no one ever boo'ed him. Why is that? Because he had some respect towards his team and teammate, unlike Vettel. I know blaming everything on the fans is very easy, they're just haters, case closed. Though in this case I think it's the other way round. The personality is what matters, and let's be honest, Vettel is not on the top of that.

:twocents:

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG