The online racing simulator
"RUSH" Ron Howards new movie about F1
(57 posts, started )
Some behind the scenes footage and interview with Howard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmMfern3Dw8

He has said that he wants to make a film that makes F1 fans happy so I doubt that there will be cars with 20 gears and gas pedals scraping the road
Can we trust what he says?
Well I will check it out, who knows, maybe they throw in some gangbangs and golden showers?
He seems honest enough about wanting F1 fans to like it.. That guy from Inglorious Basterds really does look like Lauda, a lot.
Quote from Rappa Z :I suspect this is the kind of movie that the general public and critics will love, but die hard fans will hate because Lauda's 312T2 is clearly running the original 312T wing when it should be running the T2 wing.

It surely wiill be the worst move ever because you won't see a damn wing... really? you're basing that the whole movie will be bad for F1 fans because the car is only one wing away from being the same as in de 70s?
I just hope the cars won't jump around, flip 32 times and burst in flames after hitting a tyre wall.
Quote from Becky Rose :I grew up and got addicted to F1 in Britain during the era when James Hunt was providing commentary alongside Murray Walker. At least, most of the season (I remember 3 races when he said nothing at all because he was outside the commentary box ****ing).

For me James Hunt is as much a voice as he was a blonde playboy, and I simply don't think I can stand a rendition of him that sounds so swashbucklingly American.

You know he's Australian, right?
Quote from chanoman315 :It surely wiill be the worst move ever because you won't see a damn wing... really? you're basing that the whole movie will be bad for F1 fans because the car is only one wing away from being the same as in de 70s?

I think you missed the sensationalist satire in his post, there.

Quote from rage170 :I just hope the cars won't jump around, flip 32 times and burst in flames after hitting a tyre wall.

But that actually happened back then. Maybe only 30 flips instead of 32, but still. Fire was the number one fear for drivers since it's painful and very likely to happen when you're going that fast, in a hot metal missile without a safety fuel cell.
On a sidenote: Daniel Brühl almost uncannily nails the way Niki Lauda speaks on most of the lines in the trailer.

I will most likely watch that one.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You know he's Australian, right?

Watched the trailer, heard a genuine southern texan oil tycoon. In any case, it's TOTALLY WRONG!

Re: Cars exploding and whatnot. Well, if you want to see a film when a car crashes and doesn't explode, watching a film based on Niki Lauda isn't the one for you.
Doesn't look good.

I'm gonna watch it nevertheless.
Hahah best comment: Pretty sure i just saw the WHOLE film in that trailer.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Hahah best comment: Pretty sure i just saw the WHOLE film in that trailer.

Pretty much the only thing the trailer left out the anti-climax that was Lauda pulling out of the racing, handing the championship to Hunt.

Oh, uh.. Spoiler.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Hahah best comment: Pretty sure i just saw the WHOLE film in that trailer.

Doesn't matter in a movie like this. Anyone can find out the story if they want to. It's sort of like the Titanic. People know what's going to happen because it's a true story. You watch the movie strictly just to enjoy watching a movie. There won't be any twists or anything. Everything will basically happen according to history. Therefore, who cares if they show clips from the beginning to the end of the movie?
I admitt i don't (didn't prior to the trailer ) know the whole story, shoot me
But the point is these new 3 minute trailers spoil the whole fckin film. Same with TV shows and "next time on.. ", WHY, I will watch the damn episode, no need to spoil it ffs.
None is forcing you to watch it.
I love the trailers, it would be like a dream job making them They just got to stop putting everything there is in a movie.
Quote from Becky Rose :Watched the trailer, heard a genuine southern texan oil tycoon. In any case, it's TOTALLY WRONG!

Re: Cars exploding and whatnot. Well, if you want to see a film when a car crashes and doesn't explode, watching a film based on Niki Lauda isn't the one for you.

Im glad im not from the UK, as to me you all sound the same, but to you guys you will notice any slight difference in accent.
Quote from Mustafur :Im glad im not from the UK, as to me you all sound the same, but to you guys you will notice any slight difference in accent.

Yes we are all the same. Much like every single Australian ever who comes to Blighty and works behind a bar in a London pub. Distinguishing themselves from ET only by the fact that they never go home.

I don't think it can be that hard to use an actor from the country in question. At least if he sounded English I could accept his accent being wrong. James Hunt spoke like the Queen and mostly spent his time recounting the story of how he raced with a leather rag between his legs for cleaning his visor. It isn't that hard to find a blonde Englishman with a girls hair cut who likes sticking his dick in a cloth.
little something I stumbled upon:

Quote from http://www.everythingzoomer.com/action-man/" :The story is compelling, but it’s the 1970s setting with the wardrobe, sets and attitudes of the time that also brings the movie to life. The film looks like it was actually made in the era, and that is something that Howard and his crew went to great lengths to do by shooting with camera lenses used on 1972’s The Godfather as well as a special Canon telephoto lens from the ’70s that was used to film actual F1 races.

My dad is in this movie.
Yes.

They did a few days' filming at Cadwell, and all the staff got to be extras in silly flat caps.
This definitely won't be any better than Driven (2001).

"RUSH" Ron Howards new movie about F1
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG