The online racing simulator
Life for speed causes laptop to freeze
Hey all,

When I start Life for speed, my both pc screens are getting total black. I
see a cursor and that's it. Music stops playing, nothing doesn't respond. No
task manager, no alttab, no sleepmode, only force restart is working.

I've reinstalled Life for Speed 2 times but the problem will come back after
1 day.

I've used Life for Speed Many years, and suddenly it began to act like this.

Please help me!

Reinstalling Nvidia drivers doesn't fix the problem, other drivers have the
same problem.

System specs;
Intel core I5, 2.3 - 3.0
4GB ram
Nvidia 520MX 1GB
Laptop from asus

Thanks for your help
Live* for Speed

that aside, did you update all the drivers from graphic cards to direct-X?

Do you have other programs running when playing LFS
Is it possible its trying to run in an unsupported resolution, if i try to run it on my pc in a resolution too high my screen goes black
Live for speed hehe my fault

Quote :that aside, did you update all the drivers from graphic cards to direct-X?

I don't get you, I installed the driver that worked fine since the release of Windows 8.

Quote :Is it possible its trying to run in an unsupported resolution, if i try to run it on my pc in a resolution too high my screen goes black

Live for speed has been running in fullscreen mode at the best resolution. It always worked so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work now..

When I click LFS.exe, my screens immidiatly go black. Even no menu of Live for speed
Quote from Stanleyzandstra :I don't get you, I installed the driver that worked fine since the release of Windows 8.

drivers don't have anything to do with your windows. also the last big lfs update was before win 8 wich also can be the problem.

Add me on skype so I can help you in dutch, might be easier.

My skype: TCLFsESOM
Is the laptop really dead or can you CTRL+ALT+DEL to Task Manager? If it's really dead, it's very likely a drivers issue. Does your laptop have the Optimus techniology? If that's the case might have to update Intel GPU drivers too. I don't know how is Windows Update in Win8, but is it possible that it installed an updated driver for something which causes this? You might want to check the updates history.
Quote from Stanleyzandstra :Live for speed hehe my fault

I don't get you, I installed the driver that worked fine since the release of Windows 8.

Live for speed has been running in fullscreen mode at the best resolution. It always worked so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work now..

When I click LFS.exe, my screens immidiatly go black. Even no menu of Live for speed

ocassionally my lfs seems to reset all my cfg for it, but i will say if anyone is able to help you come to finding whats wrong it will be madcatx,
Alright,

It's not a driver issue.
I've removed all the config files and started LFS. It worked.
So one by one I putted a config file, with the result that ''cfg text document'' lets crash everything. One step further but still not fixed..
hmm after removing cfg, game starts.
But when I click for searching for servers, the same problem happends -_-
Please help me, it's still not fixed!
Have you tried turning 'Window whilst connecting' off?
Yep I've tried that, but it doesn't work.
have you tried re downloading lfs and installing it to another folder to try a fresh install?
Also tried compelte reinstall, doesn't work.
Live for speed will work for 1 day.. but after 1 day the problem comes back
no more ideas ?
Try updating your graphics driver and then restart your computer, then do a clean reinstall of LFS. I'm not sure if it'll help but sure beats not trying at all.
all those things doesn't help, I've tried everything a few times.. reinstalling lfs, update drivers etc.
Then I shall have to suggest to you the more tedious approach, which is to install Windows 7 (and set up all drivers of course) and then do fresh install of LFS. Definitely, do back up your important stuff before you decide to go with it. Also, get another suitable hard drive to do this if you don't want to mess up or wipe your current Windows 8 installation. Who knows, your current OS and drivers combo could be the problem here.
it worked great for months.. W8 and Lfs..
But the only option is reinstalling windows 8, wich I'll try in a vacation I guess..
If that's the case, were there any major changes to your computer setup in terms of drivers or updates etc before LFS decide to not work anymore?

Anyway, you can use the recovery partition to restore the original W8 installation from your HDD since it's from Asus. Remember to back up your vital files!
It's not due to Windows 8 for sure. I have Windows 8 Pro and everything works like a charm. Don't know about two screens though...
The problem began after I installed 3d driving simulator, wich had the same problem. Before the installation, it worked great.

System restore didn't fix the problem though

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG