The online racing simulator
Quote from sinbad :Guess they have too much oil and not enough ways to use it!

They can light the night sky by shelling protestors.
Ferrari - 2014 Constructors Champions
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Kimi will get blown away if he joins Alonso at Ferrari. Falling off boats drunk may be sufficient to make everyone apparently love him, but it doesn't make the car go quicker and if I had to pick a driver that Kimi was most similar to then it would be Nick Heidfeld, albeit Kimi's a smidgen faster.

Nick couldn't even last more then the half a season at same team before being sacked, kimi on the other hand is treated like a god at Lotus.
Quote from b1kzit :"Ferrari, who will now have arguably the strongest driver line-up in Formula 1, have not yet announced the deal but are expected to do so imminently."

Whilst it is probably only a matter of time, I'll believe it when I see it.

"The Finn, who won the world title with Ferrari in 2007 but was replaced by Alonso at the end of 2009, has signed a one-year deal with an option for 2015."

kinda says it all.
Quote from Franky.S :"The Finn, who won the world title with Ferrari in 2007 but was replaced by Alonso at the end of 2009, has signed a one-year deal with an option for 2015."

kinda says it all.

"Ferrari, who will now have arguably the strongest driver line-up in Formula 1, have not yet announced the deal but are expected to do so imminently."

I agree its as good as done, but that article was just Andrew Benson being his usual self, considering he already made an article before that saying Kimi has already signed and will be announced shortly and Massa leaving on the BBC site I don't see why he needed an article for that when it still isn't official.
Quote from IsaacPrice :
I agree its as good as done, but that article was just Andrew Benson being his usual self, considering he already made an article before that saying Kimi has already signed and will be announced shortly and Massa leaving on the BBC site I don't see why he needed an article for that when it still isn't official.

Well, drivers race for the win and journalists race for the scoop!
To be honest, after Kimi made a comeback to F1 and joined Lotus, I never expected him to rejoin Ferrari, especially when there's Alonso etc. But I'm happy that Kimi decided to leave from Lotus, can't see any better coming for them because of their financial problems etc. It should be a really interesting season next year and I'm already looking forward how Kimi will challenge win Alonso.

At least Hulkenberg is finally getting a seat what he deserves.
Raikonen was at best inconsistent prior to his 'holiday' but has shown himself to be a better driver than I for one thought him to be. Massa is considered to be the best number two driver but remember losing a championship where Kimmi was basically throwing his career away byt the slimmest of margins and he is only just fully recovered from a life threatening head injury, his points haul is NOT something to just forget. Lewis is a driver of extremes, taking a car by the scruff of the neck and hauling it around faster than it should really go, just like Alonso who is another to drive the car beyond its ability. Jenson is someone who has problems driving a car that cannot be balanced but his ability to consistently hold a failing set of tyres/car gives him the same sort of ability/rating as Alan Prost. Will Alonso stay at Ferrari with Kimi? Not in my humble opinion. Alonso's problem is a fragile psyche, when faced with Lewsi in his first year at McLaren he bottled it and turned to barging Lewis off the road and bad mouthing the team and he will fall apart if he stays. Kimi is in the form of his life and in a Ferrari, with all the factors considered, he will drive Alonso off the road too, if Alonso does not do it to himself. This means that Ferrari would have been better off looking to either Felippe or Paul DeResta, drivers who will respect the team that can have only ONE lead driver. The number two driver is only ever going to be that, SECOND.
Quote from Franky.S :"The Finn, who won the world title with Ferrari in 2007 but was replaced by Alonso at the end of 2009, has signed a one-year deal with an option for 2015."

kinda says it all.

Turns out you were wrong about that as well, it's a two year deal: no option.

Don't believe everything you read son.
Quote from b1kzit :Turns out you were wrong about that as well, it's a two year deal: no option.

Don't believe everything you read son.

A 1 year deal with an option for the team for another year is often explained as a 2 year deal..

I think they will replace Kimi with Bianchi after next season.. Still think Kimi is no better than Massa.
Quote from ChristijaNL :Kimi is no better than Massa.

NO, KIMI IS A GOD OF DRIVING AND HE INVENTED SUCH THING, HE WILL COME AND KICK ALONSO'S ARSE AND WILL SEND SANTANDER TO BANKCRUPTCY, ALSO HE WILL BE A SUPERHERO AND WILL GIVE A SWEET REVENGE TO REDS FOR KILLING OFF MASSA ALL THESE YEARS SINCE 2010, WHICH WILL END A CONFLICT IN SYRIA AND WILL BRING FRESH WATER TO AFRICAN KIDS.

Atleast that's what fanboys claim, funny eh?

Get real, regulations changing again, maybe Ferrari won't even give both Alonso and Raikkonen the competetive car the first year, nevertheless H2H will be in Fernando's side 99,99 percent sure I am.
So what you're saying is that if Massa and Räi had swapped teams before this season, right now Massa would have more than 134 WDC points in a Lotus, and Räi would have less than 79 in a Ferrari? That's a bizarre viewpoint to say the least.
Quote from TexasLTU :NO, KIMI IS A GOD OF DRIVING AND HE INVENTED SUCH THING, HE WILL COME AND KICK ALONSO'S ARSE AND WILL SEND SANTANDER TO BANKCRUPTCY, ALSO HE WILL BE A SUPERHERO AND WILL GIVE A SWEET REVENGE TO REDS FOR KILLING OFF MASSA ALL THESE YEARS SINCE 2010, WHICH WILL END A CONFLICT IN SYRIA AND WILL BRING FRESH WATER TO AFRICAN KIDS.

Get real, regulations changing again, maybe Ferrari won't even give both Alonso and Raikkonen the competetive car the first year, nevertheless H2H will be in Fernando's side 99,99 percent sure I am.

I'm pretty sure the only thing that Massa could beat Kimi in would be a hot dog eating contest. Certainly not anything involving a car race.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm pretty sure the only thing that Massa could beat Kimi in would be a hot dog eating contest. Certainly not anything involving a car race.

How about the 2008 F1 WDC?
Well, watching Massa lately I was hoping for Ferrari to replace him. He had some moments, but all he did was falling back on the grid. Few times he didn't even make it into top10 and he didn't have any issues. Meanwhile Alonso mostly finished on the podium even after crap qualies. No team orders in these cases. His accident in 2009 didn't do good to him. Shame, because he's a great guy.
Quote from amp88 :How about the 2008 F1 WDC?

I was more speaking in recent terms. No doubt Massa was a good driver to come so close to winning the WDC, but his skills have declined. It's not like Ferrari has an uncompetitive car, Alonso has shown time and time again that it's up there.
#747 - CSF
His skills declined because he got smacked in the head by an ARB. Anyone who thinks Massa has been anywhere close to the driver he was in 2008/2009 (totally outclassing Kimi again) are deluded.
For comparison purposes, it's worth considering pre-accident and post-accident Massa two different drivers. ie, comparisons aren't really valid. Raikkonen's team mate in 07 and 08 was a better driver than Alonso's team mate. That said, I can't see Raikkonen beating Alonso.
Quote from TexasLTU :NO, KIMI IS A GOD OF DRIVING AND HE INVENTED SUCH THING, HE WILL COME AND KICK ALONSO'S ARSE AND WILL SEND SANTANDER TO BANKCRUPTCY, ALSO HE WILL BE A SUPERHERO AND WILL GIVE A SWEET REVENGE TO REDS FOR KILLING OFF MASSA ALL THESE YEARS SINCE 2010, WHICH WILL END A CONFLICT IN SYRIA AND WILL BRING FRESH WATER TO AFRICAN KIDS.

Should add me to your ignored here on too aswell, FB block won't stop me talk the truth about Kimi The God himself, and his religion when it comes to being a motorsports messiah ; )
Quote from mythdat :For comparison purposes, it's worth considering pre-accident and post-accident Massa two different drivers. ie, comparisons aren't really valid. Raikkonen's team mate in 07 and 08 was a better driver than Alonso's team mate. That said, I can't see Raikkonen beating Alonso.

At the start of 2010, Massa was a lot more competitive than he has been at points since then, if it was solely down to the accident then he would have been offpace from the start of 2010 when infact he outqualified Alonso and kept pace with him in the race after being passed on lap 1. Being outpaced consistently by someone in the same car is 1 of the hardest things to accept as a top level racing driver(which Massa was), and I think it damaged his confidence, and surely made him feel like he wasn't the same level as he was before the accident, but to blame the accident alone is quite simplistic. Massa was always never the most consistent driver, he was always quite erratic but that trait became less in 08/09 - but it was still there.

Having said that I think Kimi is performing more consistently near the top of his game than he was in any of his Ferrari years including the 1 which he won the WDC. I would expect Alonso still to have the edge, but it should be close and hopefully gives Ferrari the impetus it needs to be fighting for the championship without relying on luck etc. Atleast I don't see it as being a bad thing for Alonso, I can't see him being as rash as he was in 2007(and before that), I'm sure everyone has done things in the past that they wouldn't do again and Kimi's a world champion, not a rookie who he would expect to be able to more than just beat. He has a bad temper, but he's also 1 of the smartest drivers so I don't see him making the same mistake, although the media will surely try to make something at some point. You have to beat everyone to win the championhip, and if the opposition ends up being someone in a different team then you want your team mate to be able to take points off him so if Kimi is competitive, thats a good thing.

Afterall, in Abu Dhabi 2010 if Massa had been closer to Alonso, he would have come out ahead of Webber when they tried to use Massa to cover him after he pitted, Alonso wouldn't have pitted to cover him and subsequently lost the championship. If Massa had been closer to Alonso in 2012, maybe he would have taken points off Vettel in the races where Ferrari was better than Red Bull like Webber did at times. If he's good enough and gets the chance to win the championship again, it can work in his favour - if he isn't then it won't.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG