The online racing simulator
Watch Dogs
(62 posts, started )
Watch Dogs
Before I start, this has nothing to do with dogs.

You may have seen the E3 trailer from Ubisoft presenting their new game "Watch Dogs". It's basically an open world 3rd person shooter where you can hack everything like cellphones to distract people and even controll traffic lights to cause a crash. Also first thing you notice is that the graphics are jaw-dropping. Check it out yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URSax8YEooQ

Release date should be in 2013.
#2 - ZanZi
the whole atmosphere reminds me of another game
Looks awesome, but driving physics seems awful just from the video. I know driving isn't the point of the game, but I still hate when it sucks.
This "won" E3.

GTA + Deus Ex =
Quote from KiRmelius :Looks awesome, but driving physics seems awful just from the video. I know driving isn't the point of the game, but I still hate when it sucks.

Yeah. Same story as in LA Noire. The driving wasn't a big portion of the game, but it made it quite horrible whenever you had to...
It looks like fun, but hell no.
#8 - Mysho
I like the every bit, one thing I don't like is, that it's online only. That basically means you can easily get your game destroyed by kid who connected your game and tried to kill or spoil your game "for the lulz"... If this won't be happening all the time then I really have to buy the console... Last of Us, GTA, Gran Turismo, Watch Dogs... Too great to ignore it.
I was excited about this one, but after watching the latest video I wasn't impressed. I've got visions of it being a bit like the original Assassin's Creed where you've got so many individual talents available to you but you'll only ever use the most effective ones. So if you're chasing someone by car they'll use a road block hack and the chase will be over. And you'd do the same to them because it works. You'll intentionally lead each other down routes you know you have a getaway option.

That would sort of make the whole experience kind of boring. Single player might be okay though, as long as they don't force you to use every skill for every situation.
Quote from Mysho :I like the every bit, one thing I don't like is, that it's online only. That basically means you can easily get your game destroyed by kid who connected your game and tried to kill or spoil your game "for the lulz"... If this won't be happening all the time then I really have to buy the console... Last of Us, GTA, Gran Turismo, Watch Dogs... Too great to ignore it.

It'll be on PC
Quote from Mysho :I like the every bit, one thing I don't like is, that it's online only. That basically means you can easily get your game destroyed by kid who connected your game and tried to kill or spoil your game "for the lulz"... If this won't be happening all the time then I really have to buy the console... Last of Us, GTA, Gran Turismo, Watch Dogs... Too great to ignore it.

Presumably you can turn it off, but isn't 'for the lulz' (and obviously for in-game credits/reputation etc) the whole point of hacking the other players? And if they piss you off, you kill them. What other game lets you do that to trolls?

I think the 'semi-multiplayer' thing is an awesome idea.
I find the basic fundamentals of the game a bit silly, like this line of sight only hacking, but through cameras, or cameras those cameras can see, or cameras those cameras can see. It seems like a last resort gameplay mechanic to make the idea of this "badass" hacker vigilante work, but it also makes everything small scale.
Somehow, I'm not sensing the soul in this game. I get the vibes from all the footage so far, that some guy came up with a great idea for a game mechanic but the publisher just saw dollar signs.

Not saying that it doesn't seem like a cool game, because it does, but something just doesn't feel right.
Also, the things shown in the last video are anything but 'dynamic'. If you look at some earlier videos they are doing EXACTLY the same. For example the car chase, that was also on some talk show, where the dude sucked at driving. It doesn't feel dynamic at all to me.
Theres no real endgame imo
Quote from Bose321 :Also, the things shown in the last video are anything but 'dynamic'. If you look at some earlier videos they are doing EXACTLY the same. For example the car chase, that was also on some talk show, where the dude sucked at driving. It doesn't feel dynamic at all to me.

I also thought that it was quite convenient that there was a sports car parked right next to the fleeing criminal, being all dynamic etc. sounds more like marketing brabble or "developement target" to me.

Still looks interesting though, allthough I fear it'll be a fiteen minutes into the future sci-fi version of assassins creed.
Quote from ColeusRattus :I fear it'll be a fiteen minutes into the future sci-fi version of assassins creed.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

This thread:

Quote from Bose321 :Before I start, this has nothing to do with dogs.

You may have seen the E3 trailer from Ubisoft presenting their new game "Watch Dogs". It's basically an open world 3rd person shooter where you can hack everything like cellphones to distract people and even controll traffic lights to cause a crash. Also first thing you notice is that the graphics are jaw-dropping. Check it out yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URSax8YEooQ

Release date should be in 2013.

I thought this was the Wiener dog racing thread!

And to think we just had Barbie the Wiener Dog re-skinned

AAnt
Quote from Crashgate3 :I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

After Assassins Creed 2, I would've agreed. But not with AC:B, AC:R, AC3 and Far Cry 3 sharing the same open world concept full of quite repetitive content...
Quote from ColeusRattus :
Still looks interesting though, allthough I fear it'll be a fiteen minutes into the future sci-fi version of assassins creed.

It looks cool, but I'd probably not follow the mission and just cause accident and jump bridges.
WOAh - this game has beefy specs
I've got a i7 3930 (6 core, 12 with hyperthreading), 12 GB and GTX570, so I scrape in

Base Specification

Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
Hard Drive Space: 20 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode

Minimum Specification
GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
CPU: Quad core
RAM: 4GB

example 1