The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from Keling :The cars with 90G's turning don't run player's physics until you hit them. This is not a "have some weight" problem.

It's not the AI physics alone that are messed up in the classic GTA's, try driving something like the Cheetah in VC, and you'll see it moves like it's on rails with near infinite grip and no body roll at all. It's a problem of minimal weight and over exaggerated grip in relation to the weight. The physics in those games are simply laughable at best, it's a pity people who don't understand physics or driving in general hated GTA IV's driving, I just hope Rockstar didn't listen to them too much while making GTA V.

Quote from Keling :I'm not sure why people keep saying "I can't feel the weight, bad physics" in driving games. If the model has no weight the car simply won't drive at all.

Because a 1-2 ton car doesn't simply move about like it weighs 50kg.
Weight is everything in any kind of realistic representation of vehicle driving imo. GT5 is the prime example. Cars which are ridiculously soft and compliant over bumps but also ridiculously controlled and resistant to pitch and roll. If you don't get the impression of mass right, then you lose a huge amount of the impression of any and all of the forces which are exerted when that mass is accelerated/steered/braked etc.

If you don't get that at least close to accurate, nothing else will make sense.
On a side note; I'm super annoyed by those people that put up a PS3 for sale, but when you bid on it and email them, they never respond. I've contacted like 10 people...
Quote from Bose321 :On a side note; I'm super annoyed by those people that put up a PS3 for sale, but when you bid on it and email them, they never respond. I've contacted like 10 people...

Well that's marktplaats for you.
I've seen alot of people requesting driving physics from Midnight Club Los Angeles. I really hope that Rockstar didn't listen to those morons. MC:LA was the only Rockstar's game which I hated.
Quote from Amynue :I've seen alot of people requesting driving physics from Midnight Club Los Angeles. I really hope that Rockstar didn't listen to those morons. MC:LA was the only Rockstar's game which I hated.

IMO it had one of the most fun arcade physics I ever played. If remember correctly, those physics where extremely predictable. At least I can remember that I absolutely loved the evo. You could race it properly or drift it pinpoint accurate. Other things like the comments of other annoyed as hell, but the physics where awesome!
Quote from Matrixi :Because a 1-2 ton car doesn't simply move about like it weighs 50kg.

There's no such thing as "1-2 ton car".

The weight in the game is relative. Until you hit another movable object, in which case the weight values of two objects get compared, the absolute weight value of your car makes no sense at all. You can turn everything's weight up by 100x and you won't feel any difference in game.
You're now just arguing for the sake of arguing.
We should stick Keiling and Boris together and throw them into crocodiles. Damn moaners.
I just bought the CE, so **** all of your negative comments.
I want this. Got bored of Red Dead about a year ago and have barely touched the PS3 since. Was thinking of selling it. Plan to keep it a bit longer. Just need to save up now.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :We should stick Keiling and Boris together and throw them into crocodiles. Damn moaners.

Interview with Lazlow about GTA V.

http://wgnradio.com/2013/09/03/grand-theft-auto-v/

Also, I decrypted the "leaked" PSN .pkg and the trophies file can be opened with any normal text editor. All the achievements are there to read, even the ones normally hidden until completed. So, there's something to do if someone is bored and doesn't mind possible spoilers.
Calm down. It's a game. The handling will be rubbish. The AI will be an utter joke. The storyline will be incredibly short, with repetitive voice acting. The graphics aren't special. It'll be very restricted as all games are (and have to be), so you can't break in by unscrewing a door, or scraping away cement, or choosing to burrow in...

In 10 years we'll look back and laugh at it.

But computer nerds will masturbate over anything 'digital'.
Not sure if serious or serious dick.
Quote from tristancliffe :It's a game. The handling will be rubbish. The AI will be an utter joke. The storyline will be incredibly short, with repetitive voice acting. The graphics aren't special. It'll be very restricted as all games are (and have to be), so you can't break in by unscrewing a door, or scraping away cement, or choosing to burrow in...

In 10 years we'll look back and laugh at it.

But computer nerds will masturbate over anything 'digital'.

What is the point of this post? You just basically stated the obvious in a way that will create a flame war. Good job.
I'm not the one suggesting they are having a wank over a computer game.

Have added "calm down" to the start of it so that it's ever so slightly more obvious to readers to check the previous post(s) to determine the meaning in context with whats gone on previously.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm not the one suggesting they are having a wank over a computer game.

ehm, you're posting in a thread that was made to do exactly that ... if you don't like that game or anticipation of games in general don't post here
I'm all for looking forward to it. And discussing what might be in it, or might not be, or might be an improvement over previous titles or competing titles. I just thought it was the height of sadness to go as far as Bose went. Surely no-one here is THAT lonely. It's not even a Lara Croft title (which would still suggest terrible loneliness)
He makes a fair point. In the internet people love to either hype something to the stars and beyond or curse something to death. Best example will be the "next gen" consoles, where the PS4/ Sony is like THE company and only cares about Gamers, while xbone/Microsoft is THE evil that only cares about money. I got news: both systems are pretty damn equal and both companies have the one simple goal: To maximize their profits . For someone that plays a lot of games, a PC will in the long run simply be better and cheaper

I bet, that after a couple of weeks after the release and the hype went down complains along the lines of: "when I'm not controlling the character, he doesn't find proper cover and constantly dyes. Then I have to restart the damn mission" will start.

Nobodey said the game sucks. We are just saying... Keep it real. It will be a nice game, but it's not like "The perfect game". And to be honest. The point of buying a "this gen" console like a month before the release of the next one to play ONE game (where not a single proper review or a proper gameplay (longer than 2 second snippets) is showed) is beyond me (especially since I again can bet that it will not only come on this gen). But each to his own.

Edit: and yeah as soon as someone says something that is not positive he is automatically a hater. This is also the typical response.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG