The online racing simulator
Quote from Rappa Z :There's all these issues with second drivers (Massa and Webber especially) either not pulling their weight or always having a fit... it really makes me appreciate Barrichello for being such a good backup.

Barrichello was lucky that his years in the ferrari the car was that good that he didn't need to be good or even average.
Official, Ricciardo @ Red Bull... Too bad for him, disappearing in the shadow of Vettel. Webber 2.0
Still a great chance to drive for such a strong team.
Quote from ChristijaNL :Still a great chance to drive for such a strong team.

Yeah, though I can't see him doing better than Webber. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.
Yeah, just don't feel too sorry for him
One crucial thing people are forgetting, Dr Marko is not going to be unhappy if Ricciardo beats Vettel since both are drivers he handpicked, unlike the current arangement.
Lol someone changed the ricciardo page again
Quote :
Daniel Ricciardo (born 1 July 1989 in Perth, Western Australia) is an Australian racing driver who is currently competing in Formula One for Scuderia Toro Rosso.[1] He won the British Formula Three Championship in 2009. After Mark Webber announced his retirement from Formula 1, Ricciardo was confirmed as his replacement at Red Bull for 2014.[2] He will partner Sebastian Vettel who is surely going to bitch and moan if Daniel even thinks about overtaking him in the 2014 season.

Daniel Ricciardo 2014 wc
#712 - CSF
Hmmm so Ferrari with a possible Hulk and Kimi lineup, with Fernando off home... again. Interesting.
F1 night races are like a LFS race with the skybox switched to black
Guess they have too much oil and not enough ways to use it!
Quote from ACCAkut :F1 night races are like a LFS race with the skybox switched to black

I feel as though in NASCAR night races should be ran only on concrete surfaced race tracks like Bristol, Dover and Martinsville (partial concrete) because concrete is hardly effected by changes in temperature. Asphalt dramatically changes in temperature and grip based upon weather conditions which are hardly if at all changed over the course of a night.

I'm not sure if these changes effect a Formula 1 race as much as they do a NASCAR race. If so, I'd rather the races be during the day as opposed to at night unless F1 someday runs on a concrete race track, or unless a night race helps a great number of fans watch the race live. (IE: A weekday race or a race in a time zone where Sunday afternoon is the middle of the night in Europe).
Kimi will get blown away if he joins Alonso at Ferrari. Falling off boats drunk may be sufficient to make everyone apparently love him, but it doesn't make the car go quicker and if I had to pick a driver that Kimi was most similar to then it would be Nick Heidfeld, albeit Kimi's a smidgen faster.
I'm actually under the impression that Kimi is actually past his peak now, but only just.
#719 - CSF
Kimi isn't the blisteringly quick driver he once was. His consistency is now his strong point, something Ferrari will enjoy when going for the Constructors title. Is he as consistently as quick as Fernando? Not sure, I guess we will find out, unless Fernando is going home?
If Kimi goes to Ferrari, it will answer alot of questions.

I expect Alonso to be better but I think Kimi could keep the score tight between them, unless they got the fastest car its not a good idea for the drivers championship.
1. Kimi isn't as good as he used to be and due to poor qualifying has squandered his chance at this year's title. That Renault is fundamentally a very very quick car.

2. Unless you have a VERY dominant car (Mclaren 1988) having two top drivers in the same car won't yield positive results for the team.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Kimi will get blown away if he joins Alonso at Ferrari. Falling off boats drunk may be sufficient to make everyone apparently love him, but it doesn't make the car go quicker and if I had to pick a driver that Kimi was most similar to then it would be Nick Heidfeld, albeit Kimi's a smidgen faster.

Well I don't really see how "falling off boats drunk" would make the car slower.

In F1 there is perception of reality and then there is the reality. I doubt the two have so much in common. Just because a driver doesn't make a big number of himself and what he does doesn't make him less good.

Maybe Alonso needs to try a new approach with ferrari since his "not falling off boats drunk" approach clearly doesn't work?
I hope they kick Massa out and sign someone who will actually deliver results instead of falling back on the grid from race to race. Let that be Kimi or Hulk, I don't really mind.

Alo & Kimi duo would be a killer pair, hopefully RBR won't be dominant next season because I'm bored of this shiz already.

Edit: They just did, Massa won't race for Ferrari next season. Link.
Quote from Hyperactive :Well I don't really see how "falling off boats drunk" would make the car slower.

In F1 there is perception of reality and then there is the reality. I doubt the two have so much in common. Just because a driver doesn't make a big number of himself and what he does doesn't make him less good.

Maybe Alonso needs to try a new approach with ferrari since his "not falling off boats drunk" approach clearly doesn't work?

No; the point I make there is that Kimi is well liked because he does things off track that make seem likeable. When you like someone or something you develop a natural bias so the perception of reality is that Kimi is some kind of super hero driver when he's actually Nick Heidfeld.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG