The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Still be cheaper than 130 euro ps3.
Quote from DejaVu :Still be cheaper than 130 euro ps3.

Not when you have to replace it 4 times before the game starts.
Quote from mustafur :not when you have to replace it 4 times before the game starts.

DAE hate xbox?!?!?!!?
Quote from JackDaMaster :DAE hate xbox?!?!?!!?

When you have had 3 360s break on you in the same time your PS3 has worked, its kinda by default.
I'm trying to look for a cheap second hand PS3. Anything I should be aware of? I'm trying to go for a slim of super slim (or whatever they're called).
Slims are pretty much safe buys, though supposedly the last model before super slim was slightly worse than the previous slim (smaller heatsink with smaller fan, noisier BD drive) but it's still way better than the super slim.

http://www.edepot.com/playstation3.html
Quote from Bose321 :I'm trying to look for a cheap second hand PS3. Anything I should be aware of? I'm trying to go for a slim of super slim (or whatever they're called).

U got ps3 slim for 170€ new ... > poland

contact somone from cq team
Quote from undertaker00 :U got ps3 slim for 170€ new ... > poland

contact somone from cq team

But isn't that a 16gb version? That's useless for GTAV I think.
yah....12gb actualy for 150 €
Doesn't it have the standard 2.5" HDD slot though? I think all PS3's have it.

TBH I'd really avoid the super slim, it's such a badly built rattling piece of crap. The old fat models are the ones with the best build quality, but they are also the ones with the biggest risk of YLOD. Late model slims are the best compromise of build quality/noise/reliability if you ask me.

On another offtopic note, anyone got suggestions for a 360 style gamepad for PS3? The best one I could find is the MLG controller, but it's so damn expensive. I can't stand the PS3 triggers, and as GTA V will be using them for car controls, something must be done.
Quote from Mustafur :When you have had 3 360s break on you in the same time your PS3 has worked, its kinda by default.

I've had 2 xboxs since 2007 and the first one only broke cos I dropped it onto a slightly concrete floor. Got it replaced for free. Guess I'm the lucky one.

BTW, tanks in that trailer
A family member of mine has the first slim. They lug it around loosely in a backpack all the time and they have crazy kids that use it too. They haven't had a problem with it so far. That is the one I would go with.
Too bad we can't get a GT6 for PC.
Quote from Matrixi :Doesn't it have the standard 2.5" HDD slot though? I think all PS3's have it.

Yeah it does. But if I'm right you also need an adapter/caddy for it (or how they call that) which is 15 euro or something. If you add a cheap 2.5" HDD, you're not really that cheap after all.

But I'll see if I can get a slim second hand. The fatty version is just plain ugly and most likely bigger and heavier than my full tower rig, lol.
So... will it be available for PC? I've heard some rumours lately, but other than that, nothing.
yes.

14.13 2014
Quote from Töki (HUN) :So... will it be available for PC? I've heard some rumours lately, but other than that, nothing.

Quote from undertaker00 :yes.

14.13 2014

No.

There is no news regarding this. I just hope it will get announced in like a few months though!
Oh... damn you Nvidia!
Quote from Mysho :2014, bro.

right, consoles are so out of date.

Quote from undertaker00 :buy xbox for 100€ like me

buy a console for a single game?
nope...

beside, GTA started out on pc, so its pretty much a must that its released on pc
I've bought PS3 for GTAIV, not going down that route again..
Just buy the console then resale it back to a Gamestop or whatever stores you have that allow that. I'm getting a used 250gb and using it for 3 months till i pick up my One.
You can buy a PS3 and then return it after a few months (when the PC version should hopefully arrive) and get your cash back?
Quote from Bose321 :You can buy a PS3 and then return it after a few months (when the PC version should hopefully arrive) and get your cash back?

America baby, your dreams come true there
Quote from Bose321 :You can buy a PS3 and then return it after a few months (when the PC version should hopefully arrive) and get your cash back?

Not all of it. Gamestop and those sort of places are a cancer (actually, an insult to cancer for associating it with Gamestop) on most gaming. They buy games off of people for like $10 (or $30 for a new, <1 month release) and then proceed to do absolutely nothing and resell it for like $30 or $50.

Screwing developers as they get NONE of that money, as Gamestop makes a bunch of money.

They do the same with consoles. Heres $100 for that Xbox 360 that you bought 10 minutes ago for $300. Then they sell it for $250 by doing basically nothing for it.

They're terrible.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG