XFR
FOX
RB4
UFR
MRT
XFG
XRG
UF1
Quote from st0rm :i think the same as tweak...
they all sound bad exept a few couple at specific RPMs

its mostly the high rpm sounds that sounds real bad to me...

Oh yes and that is what I forgot to mention. The high RPMS sound LESS powerful than low RPMs in most of the cars. Still in most of the cars the RPMs sound wearker at higher levels. Really strange. When an engine revs really high, man it should SCREAM!
#52 - wark
Remember the FXO back in S1?

That sucker sounded pretty sweet when you got it a couple thousand revs above the redline.

On a similar note... I think the XRR sounds like it's downright bogging down when it's time to change gears.
Hehe, LFS is really going to kick ass when all these little details finally get to the top of the todo list..
O/T: removed the offtopic posts from this thread.
Happen to know for sure that Yucko! is a double account no matter what the Norwegian Viper is telling me (in fact his S2 license was a birthday gift from me).
Unbanned and trying to find out if there's some kind of problem with his primary account, because he hasn't logged in since March 13th.

edit: oh, and thanks Bawbag for trusting my moderating skills :jester:
The FZR has a LOVELY whine at mid-to-high revs, it really makes the car worthwile to drive ^_^
For the worst sounding car, I would say the UF1, I'm not sure whether it's the engine, but it really doesn't do much to make me think "WOW!"
Quote from Janezki :O/T: removed the offtopic posts from this thread.
Happen to know for sure that Yucko! is a double account no matter what the Norwegian Viper is telling me (in fact his S2 license was a birthday gift from me).
Unbanned and trying to find out if there's some kind of problem with his primary account, because he hasn't logged in since March 13th.

edit: oh, and thanks Bawbag for trusting my moderating skills :jester:

If one has an account that no longer works (for whatever reason) and creates another one that does...how many accounts do one have?
I happen to know this person quite well way back from '02 and he definetely is no cracker. There is something fishy on his real account in here, because he can't log in, but we're trying to fix that - just need Vic around...
This is what a 4 banger should sound like: cata.wmv. From my now sold Caterham SV, back when it was making about 225hp with redline of 7000 rpm. With the final mods, redline was moved up to 8000 rpm, with power around 250+hp (although I sold it before the final dyno tune was done, so I never got to experience the full 250+hp ). Still the car sounded really nice, that was a short video where I was doing a poor man's dyno run by videoing the gauges while doing runs in 1st and 2nd gear:

Then again, after selling the CV and a Nissan 350Z, we got a new toy: z06.htm. 427 in^3 7.0 liter engine that redlines just a bit past 7000 rpm, 60mph in 1st, 90mph in 2nd, 125mph in 3rd, 162mph in 4th, top speed 198mph in 5th = 6330 rpm (need a really long runway, almost 2 miles just to get to 190mph), 6th is an overdrive. The tires are expensive, so I'll leave it to Tiff of 5th gear to do 100mph powerslides, and demonstrate the cool sound of a "small block" V8: z065g.wmv

Gauge view run to 190 in a Z06, it gets real slow once in 5th after 175mph, z06190.wmv especially compared to how quickly a bike like the Hayabusa can get to 185mp busa185.wmv, or more impressive, a souped up (non-turbo) version going 211mph (gps, speedo shows 220): busa211.wmv.
i think it's Xfr, Well i'm a wierdo tho

And the worst is RAC
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
The cars sound the same inside and out .... now i dont usually drive my road car from the roof but i am pretty sure it would sound different. All i do know is that my only adventure into a real race car (Metro 6R4) in a car park of the local Leyland dealership many many years ago, even at those low speeds, the dominant feature of the sound inside the car was the gearbox whine. Something LFS completely misses.
This isn’t a criticism just an observation as it doesn’t detract from the fun of racing.
Quote from Becky Rose :Anyway I didn't vote because I have totally modified sounds so my favorites and dislikes wouldn't meen anything.

made those your self of downloaded them?

A link please?

The Best/Worst Sounding Cars Thread
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG