The online racing simulator
Drift-o-meter! Woot! :-D I like your gauge!
No, no. Not a drift meter, sorry It measures _longitudinal_ slip instead of lateral slip angle. I'm purdy sure there are some actual drift meters on the official forum's modding section, if not already in-game by default. Think of it more as a traction control indicator. Anything past "" means that you're spinning the rears too much.

If anyone is legitimately going to try it at some point, values of 2000, 3000 & 6000 in the config work better than the current defaults.

Edit: This is the same thing, but now it uses lateral slip angle (= drift angle).
http://pastebin.com/0JhAaAY8
Attached files
SmileyDrift.py.txt - 2 KB - 549 views
I think every quantitative measurement should be indicated with little smiley faces.

Not just in cars, in EVERYTHING.
is it down to the car or why is my wheel angle limited to ~180° ? Tried to set it to 720° and 900° ingame, no difference.
You have it set to 180 in windows.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I think every quantitative measurement should be indicated with little smiley faces.

Not just in cars, in EVERYTHING.

Let's start from cars.

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :You have it set to 180 in windows.

nah I havent, LFS works fine with full 900°. But again physically I use two wheels (shifter was a MS Sidwinder which was only 180°).
Something causing it to read it like you are running the sidwinder then.
Quote from ACCAkut :nah I havent, LFS works fine with full 900°. But again physically I use two wheels (shifter was a MS Sidwinder which was only 180°).

Sidewinder steering wheels are 240° rotation, so if you're really just getting 180 then it's not that.

Sure your LFS configuration isn't application-specific in your profiler? Although I'm not sure why you would set it to 180 in the global setting and you would probably have noticed that if you had.
He said hes using the side winder just for the shifter
Yah so unless, like Mr Skypimp said, there's some odd mixing up going on in ac where it's applying sidewinder settings, and inherent limitations, to the other wheel then it's more likely to be a setting in his primary steering wheel profiler. But like I said it would be hard to miss a setting like 180° rotation, so who knows.
amazing
I love how smooth the sliding and steering looks! Most other games are so...twitchy...
Looks like so much fun to drive.
My body is ready.
Such unrealistic slides. And sounds, and the understeer.
Looks like shit
Graphics look good, but visual finery aside, does it look like a real car going round there?

Still, it's a bit better than the 458 video.
Looks like iracing to me tbh, except with random understeer
Quote from Bmxtwins :Looks like iracing to me tbh, except with random understeer

I find that hard to believe considering we know that Kunos knows how to make a good physics engine. iRacing still hasn't, with the snap oversteer all the cars seem to have.
What happened with the game
It's a road car, and looks way more planted than road cars here. The bad driving on entry to the corners reminds me of iRacing though.
Glad i didnt preorder now tbh
Why not? Looks just fine. Plus it isn't out for pre-order yet.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG