The online racing simulator
Can't join servers.
(28 posts, started )
Can't join servers.
Server list shows 0 joinable servers and hundreds of "no response" ones. LFS is allowed full rights. (firewall)

When joining through LFSworld.net the game freezes at "waiting for guest info"

I don't have any tweaks, cracks, mods or any other custom files on my computer.

Google search didn't help, searching the forums didn't help. Thanks in advance.

I'm using Windows 7 Home premium 64bit, Norton AV.

pingtest info:

Grade A

packet loss 0%

ping 28ms

jitter 0ms
did you try to install lfs
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :did you try to install lfs

I take it you mean re-install? And yeah just tried it, without results.
Quote from illstyles :I take it you mean re-install? And yeah just tried it, without results.

test and show results

www.pingtest.net

if your internet if fine you should get somthing like this.

Quote from illstyles :Grade A

packet loss 0%

ping 28ms

jitter 0ms

and still cant join no server ? thats weird
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :and still cant join no server ? thats weird

Yeah I figured it's got something to do with my virus protection / firewall, but LFS has full rights and all the ports are wide open. I've had similar issues with games like Arma 2: Day Z and Blacklight retribution.

I'm not too keen on turning my virus protection off, but might have to.
Quote from illstyles :Yeah I figured it's got something to do with my virus protection / firewall, but LFS has full rights and all the ports are wide open. I've had similar issues with games like Arma 2: Day Z and Blacklight retribution.

I'm not too keen on turning my virus protection off, but might have to.

Turning off the anti-virus helped ?
Not really, but something makes me feel that the new Norton can't be fully turned off, might have to dig around and will update if I find a solution.
Norton it's maybe that. don't use norton, but use avast or soemthing (wich you can turn of completely)
Free Norton is a troll - Avast! is better hands down.
Quote from RandomnessInside :Free Norton is a troll - Avast! is better hands down.

Who said my Norton was free? :P I paid for my subscription like a jackass.
So you paid for software that is now in charge of your computer?
use bitdefender best on market today i think , i use it :]
Quote from illstyles :Who said my Norton was free? :P I paid for my subscription like a jackass.

I've been using Norton for several years now and everything works fine. Except the other day that somehow the AV was closed and the firewall prevented every game from connecting to internet xD

I guess that people who critisize Norton haven't used it never. For me is a great software, with easy menus but keeping advanced functions.
Also it should be noted that I'm using 64 bit windows 7 home premium.
I have the same problem - ping & traceroute is ok, host list loads but no host replies... win 7x64, no firewall, no problem in other games (udp working fine).

if i join race from lfsworld in browser, it connects and stays forever with message "waiting for guest info".

what to check next?

UPDATE: my problem was probably Killer networks E2200 ethernet - after last driver update (Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS 6.20 - v.8.0.2.42) LFS is working.
Attached images
lfskaza.jpg
Quote from kazacz :I have the same problem - ping & traceroute is ok, host list loads but no host replies... win 7x64, no firewall, no problem in other games (udp working fine).

if i join race from lfsworld in browser, it connects and stays forever with message "waiting for guest info".

what to check next?

UPDATE: my problem was probably Killer networks E2200 ethernet - after last driver update (Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS 6.20 - v.8.0.2.42) LFS is working.

I have the same problem, I have no antivirus, no mods, no antispyware,
Your computer or router is either blocking outgoing or incoming UDP packets - only UDP is used for pinging the hosts.

One test you can try is, use the "Join Specific Host" option and try to join the host "Blackwood XFG XRG". If you can join it that means you are able to send UDP packets to the host but you are not yet able to receive them back to your computer.
I would say most likely ISP issue. If you are sure that your firewall is not blocking it nor router, than best would be to contact your ISP technical assistance. For example on my home ISP everything is good, while on other ISP (which uses NAT; because of lack of IPv4 addresses) there was the same problem. Its not problem with NAT, but stupidity of technicians that configure it. After few calls I made it work.

Scawen, IMO would be better to merge threads with same issue, than closing others.
I have the same problem.. On other pc lfs works.. I think, router in pc blocks it. AV, FW, and everything else is off.. Sry for My english.
Matthew, which version of Windows are you using on the PC where LFS does work, and on the PC where it doesn't work?
Quote from Scawen :Matthew, which version of Windows are you using on the PC where LFS does work, and on the PC where it doesn't work?

Umm.. I tried it on W7 home premium x64, on W8 x64, W8.1 x64.. Worked well on them.. On my old PC (W7 Pro x64) LFS worked too.. Now I'm on W7 Pro x64 and it doesnt work.. :/
*EDIT*
I have the Killer LAN too.. maybe it's the issue.. I will try to reinstall the drivers or so..
*EDIT2*
BETA Drivers for my E2200 solved the problem. Thanks for your help guys..
i have the same issue now aswell. Before when i had my old pc it worked fine.
Now i have bought a new pc and lfs online just dosent work at all.

i have all my settings as they were on old pc with the router and all. same operation system aswell. (Win7 Ultimate x64)

I first tried to host a server with my friends and we got the "could not get udp packet from new guest" message.
Now i tried to join another server for myself and the host list is completly empty. Kind of annoying.

Iv tried pretty much everything and im out of ideas. i dont have my windows firewall on at all, iv tried to both disable the antivirus programs (Virpre) firewall and disable the antivirus totaly aswell. no change. iv tried to allow this "Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol" but i can only find it in windows firewall. and not by myself for the antivirus program.

Just dont understand why it dont work anymore. worked like a charm before..
For some reason, UDP packets from other computers are not getting to your instance of LFS. I'm guessing you can join a server if you use the "Join specific host" option. If so, that proves that UDP packets can be sent from your computer but not be received.

To suggest the totally obvious, but just checking... have you tried restarting the computer? Sometimes these days people don't think of that.

Can't join servers.
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG