The online racing simulator
Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
i wanted wifi tethering, i tried the app that seemed to work very well, and no dice even after root, and verifying root with super SU, and root checker.

i read up that it may be because of the factory ROM shutting out non-stock tethering apps which leads me to now needing to flash a new ROM.

before i flash a new ROM i need to know what i need to backup, how i can do that, and what else needs to be done in order to do it safely and properly.
You can backup your files and stuff to pc, but other things you can backup with an app like titanium backup.
so plug my phone in, copy/paste all my folders into my computer, does that cover me if i use it with titanium backup? like 100% all set?
Probably, but make sure you have enough free space on your phone, but I'd backup personal stuff, pictures and such to pc, just to be safe.
AdAway is enough reason to root, install F-Droid (Play store alternative for free open source software) to keep it up to date.

Does WP8 have adblocking Boris?
I have original ROM on my nexus, but it's rooted, just for stuff like that, also a custom kernel, to OC it, and to downclock to lower frequenzy when idle.
Quote from Matrixi :AdAway is enough reason to root, install F-Droid (Play store alternative for free open source software) to keep it up to date.

Does WP8 have adblocking Boris?

It's still a better OS, even if it doesn't have adblocking.
Bose is also a ex-wildfire user.
Actually also have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

I liked Android. Just saying WP8 is better.
When I want to watch tiles all day long, I just sit into the bathroom. I tried a 520 Lumia, didn't shit bricks to be honest. Can't see what's the fuss about.
Man some people are really fussy about phones.

I've tried a couple of recent Nokias on WP8, the last three iPhones, a few recent Android phones from HTC and Samsung, turns out they're all good.

I always seem to drift towards Android but that's always been because, each time, one phone just stood out as being a better device for holding and putting in a pocket. Not really a feature-driven decision, just a design one.
Have to report that i'm starting to get seriously pi**ed off with WP8 and/or Nokia, cause i don't know who is to blame. Second time in a month of owning it i get random battery drainages, first time it was like 70% while sleeping, last night i had 33% before going to bed and i waked up to a dead battery..
Something is seriously wrong with the system cause i've googled the problem and it happens on many models.
Boris Lozac, Bose will tell you that it's supposed to be like that, and it's a feature, and he is not a windows phone fanboy or anything.

I would take it to a warranty, maybe a defective battery, but most likely a software problem.
If it would be a android phone and I was too lazy for warranty, I would flash a new software, but since it's not, you can try factory reset(I hope it has that).
The irony.

Do you have a SD card in it? I hear some people that have a certain SD card also have this problem.
To be honest, that might actually be true, I had the same problem with my Galaxy S2, had a defective sd, it drained the battery fast, I ordered a new battery already, but then figured to remove the sd, and that fixed it.
Actually i do.. but this is like a guessing game and that is so frustrating. You can't even now what is it exactly. Now i actually do miss those Android apps that i never used, where you can see what was using the battery..
Yeah, that would be handy right now. But on Android would you see under usage "Faulty SD-card"?

Can you temporarily remove your SD-card and see if that changes anything?
I've removed the card, let's see what happens.. It's not a frequent problem so i can't for certain tell if that's the issue.. Cheers.
Just to report that that the battery drain did happen again, aproximately every 10 days..
Here's confirmation that i'm not crazy, the problem seems to be really widespread now..

http://wmpoweruser.com/windows ... ue-needs-to-be-addressed/

Btw Bose, have you noticed the stupidity of 'flash' apps, cause we don't have an actual flash i relied on the apps that put white screen with max brigthness, but the deal is, it doesn't put brightness to max :/ There's still no API for that, that white screen would only make sense if your brightness for the phone is set to max, for general use.
I'm lucky that I haven't had a single problem with the battery. I hope there's a solution coming soon for those who have it.

Too bad there's no good flash app. I never used it, so I don't miss it.. I did open op IE when I was on holiday in my tent, and it gave a nice light though.
nexus 4 for R$ 879,12 ( 372,66 U$ dollars)

or

S4 4G for R$ 1399,00 ( 593,04 U$ dollars)

what would you guys choose?
I would take the Samsung.
Pfff..... "smart" phones. If I need to use the internet, I'll turn my notebook on. Celphones were made for talking and this is what I use.

What museum did you stole it from?
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Pfff..... "smart" phones. If I need to use the internet, I'll turn my notebook on. Celphones were made for talking and this is what I use.

Smart man.

Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG