The online racing simulator
MB : "You complained Kimi didn't leave you enough room in T4"
SV : "Yeah, I told him. He was laughing."

ohhh great.
Great race apart from the DT Romain got for just making a balls to the wall pass.

If the FIA put tarmac n shit on corner exit, drivers are going to use it... but instead they put it there and then penalize drivers anyway.......
Quote from Lotesdelere :The problem is not to go off track but to gain an advantage by doing so, what Romain did.

Well they don't penalize EVERYONE. I mean personally I see Vettel's pass on Alonso at Curva Grande a few years back more penalty worthy, as it was dangerous.
Iceman the best. Finishing in front of Vettel regardless of a worse starting position and being unable to win.

Although I feel sorry for Bottas for retiring for the first time on such an ironic track, however good to see Williams snatcing their first championship point of the season, as well as Hamilton taking his first win this season in Mercedes.
Probably one of Hamiltons best weekends, did the job on saturday then got the key overtakes done on sunday to insure the clean sweep.
Quote from Lotesdelere :The problem is not to go off track but to gain an advantage by doing so, what Romain did.

Clearly. Vettel, for example, left the track on numerous occasions today at Turn 4 and gained a time advantage. I believe he set a fastest lap during the race (including a purple sector) on a lap where he exceeded track limits. I'm not saying everyone who leaves the track at any time should be penalised; just that the rules should be consistently applied.
Quote from amp88 :Clearly. Vettel, for example, left the track on numerous occasions today at Turn 4 and gained a time advantage. I believe he set a fastest lap during the race (including a purple sector) on a lap where he exceeded track limits. I'm not saying everyone who leaves the track at any time should be penalised; just that the rules should be consistently applied.

Anthony Davidson also picked up this just recently over on Sky, pretty much the same thing as the quote.
Quote from RandomnessInside :Iceman the best. Finishing in front of Vettel regardless of a worse starting position and being unable to win.

Icecream finished P2 5/10 races, aka P2 in WDC points too. Time to step it up is coming sooner rather than later. Kimi's fav course is coming up.
Quote from amp88 :I'm not saying everyone who leaves the track at any time should be penalised; just that the rules should be consistently applied.

Remember also on the first lap Massa exited the track then got back up the inside of Rosberg in T5. Honestly, they should start considering curb a part of the track. Days when curbs were too high and too dodgy to be part of track are long gone just as most of sandtraps are. Most curbs are as flat as the track hence they should be considered a part of track. Astraterfe (yea I dno how to spell dat) is then extra.
Quote from N I K I :Remember also on the first lap Massa exited the track then got back up the inside of Rosberg in T5. Honestly, they should start considering curb a part of the track. Days when curbs were too high and too dodgy to be part of track are long gone just as most of sandtraps are. Most curbs are as flat as the track hence they should be considered a part of track. Astraterfe (yea I dno how to spell dat) is then extra.

What do we determine as gaining a clear advantage, I mean, in my mind you go off the track then a retirement should be your 'fate'.

If they wanna stop people running off the track, make the first 1 meter of any tarmac run-off gravel or grass or some shit. If they wanna stop people running all 4 wheels on teh kerbs then they should give them a higher profile...

You can penalize race drivers for just... being race drivers... you will cut every inch of track you can get away without causing damage to your own car anyway. If you're not cutting apexes and straighening out corners as much as possible, then you're not really doing a good job at all.
Nah, those days are gone. If you want that go hill-climbing.
Quote from N I K I :Nah, those days are gone. If you want that go hill-climbing.

Yea, for sure they're gone, but it's like telling kids not to touch the sweets and then put them in a bowl on the table...

Anyway, here's food for thought, has Vettel actually ever been passed on track since 2011? Because for the life of me, I can't recall that it ever happened..

If it did it must be less than 5times... that kind of shows the Domination of the RB.
Quote from BlueFlame :it's like telling kids not to touch the sweets and then put them in a bowl on the table..

Exactly why they should allow baby's to have candies. I'm sure Felipe baby would be delighted.

@Vettel topic : I can recall Webber rounding him in particular hairpin in China last year. Oh and of course Hamilton DRSing him in America.
Last year at the US GP would be the most obvious i can think of.
Quote from BlueFlame :What do we determine as gaining a clear advantage, I mean, in my mind you go off the track then a retirement should be your 'fate'.

If they wanna stop people running off the track, make the first 1 meter of any tarmac run-off gravel or grass or some shit. If they wanna stop people running all 4 wheels on teh kerbs then they should give them a higher profile...

You can penalize race drivers for just... being race drivers... you will cut every inch of track you can get away without causing damage to your own car anyway. If you're not cutting apexes and straighening out corners as much as possible, then you're not really doing a good job at all.

This . When rules start being enforced consistancy always becomes a problem in race officiating, and in all officiating in fact. I've never seen anybody run off the racing surface and gain an advantage on exit of Turn #14 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve . Running off in the final corner of Westhill on LFS penalizes competitors for running off. Why can't the FIA let racers race until they unfairly slow one another down? I'm not really sure .

Nice to See Kimi hold off Vettle in the closing laps

Quote from N I K I :Exactly why they should allow baby's to have candies. I'm sure Felipe baby would be delighted.

Is that why Massa always looks like he's about to cry?
Quote from BlueFlame :Is that why Massa always looks like he's about to cry?

It's because Ferrari has banned him from candies. He was getting too fat apparently.
Now that Räikkönen has more points than Alonso, I can finally stop hoping the Spanitard does well :3.
#48 - CSF
It does when your team forgets to change from Quali to Race settings.
Quote from CSF :It does when your team forgets to change from Quali to Race settings.

Ferrari pls.
Quote from CSF :It does when your team forgets to change from Quali to Race settings.

That's down to the FIA IIRC, it's their DRS system afterall.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG