The online racing simulator
number of unlocks
(38 posts, started )
But that's in no way different than now, or is it? If you're stupid enough to give out your info then you deserve what was coming for you. Also refer to point 3.4 of the rules I quoted earlier
well i was figuring if you had computers to set it up on; not actually sending it to them rather

but with 3, you can easily figure out who it is.. its not you obviously, so thats 2 other people, and you could find out extremely quickly

with 10; thats 9 other people have to go through and figure it out, by that time, someone could have completely changed your options at LFS.net
Quote from kuba.g :Man that sucks I'm not buying it unless you can bypass this somehow.... :cry: :cry:

It's such a good game but why on earth am I not allowed to race against my friends when I pay the 24 pounds??
I'm not going to pay dubble the price to be able to race with 4 computers.

One customer less for LFS because of dumb terms of usage

Perfect example of someone who hasn't read the terms and conditions of any software or games. Pretty much all software you buy will state that you can only use it on one computer.

LFS just has a very good system in place which makes it more obvious to people.

Keiran
Quote from kuba.g :
Normal games can't stop you from being installed on more computers for lan parties.
Kuba.

I can guarantee that you are breaking the TOC of those games. So in short what you are doing is illegal.

Just because these games don't have such a good system as LFS doesn't mean that it isn't illegal.

Keiran
Quote from kuba.g :Normal games can't stop you from being installed on more computers for lan parties.

No, but being played... Ever tried to play Generals, Splinter Cell (2), Joint Operations with just one (your) serial? Good Luck with that! And that are just a few examples... And no, getting another serial via filesharing isn't legal at all...
Quote from XCNuse :you can use thoes 3 unlocks on a LAN

Quote from TOC : 3.1 You may install S1 or S2 on 2 computers for your own use or to race a friend on a Local Network.

Quote from ArnoidXP :You can unlock LFS on two different computers

Now I'm confused.....
Well, I just paraphrased the license agreement as it is written by the devs, and I trust them that they don't write bullshit in their own license agreement. On the other hand, I've never tested if you can acutally unlock three times. Nevertheless, the difference isn't really that great - the amount of allowed parallel unlocks is pretty small either way.
You can unlock on as many computers as you want, but you are only ALLOWED to unlock on two - one for you, and one for a friend ON YOUR LAN.

It's really not a difficult concept is it? Hmmm, maybe a language barrier - I'll let you all off
Quote from kuba.g :
Normal games can't stop you from being installed on more computers for lan parties.

Many commercial games require the CD for play and legally require a CD for each PC being used, whether for single, network or online play. Whether you can get around this with no-cd patches is beside the point, as the licence for those games is not legally allowing it.

Some games supported a 'client only' option in the game, where a CD was not required but the game would only play when connecting to a host on a network. With the boom in online gaming, this type of network support is now quite rare.

I think LFS has a pretty generous licence.
[EDIT] Double post
Quote from tristancliffe :You can unlock on as many computers as you want, but you are only ALLOWED to unlock on two - one for you, and one for a friend ON YOUR LAN.

It's really not a difficult concept is it? Hmmm, maybe a language barrier - I'll let you all off

In that case I buy it
Yes indeed my English isn't perfect, but the way you put it makes it clear to me.
The way it's made isn't so bad indeed, I was just very disapointed when I still didn't understand how it works - sorry for that.
It is such a great game I would buy it anyways

Excuse me for saying such bad things at the begining... I just didn't totally understand it.

Thanks a lot for putting it clear tristancliffe.

Kuba.
#37 - Jakg
Quote from kuba.g :In that case I buy it
Yes indeed my English isn't perfect, but the way you put it makes it clear to me.
The way it's made isn't so bad indeed, I was just very disapointed when I still didn't understand how it works - sorry for that.
It is such a great game I would buy it anyways

Excuse me for saying such bad things at the begining... I just didn't totally understand it.

Thanks a lot for putting it clear tristancliffe.

Kuba.

i have a suspicioin you just discovered they can see youve broken the TOC and thats why your buying it, pease tell me otherwise
MultiPlayer on LAN?
So I set up 1 of 3 computers running the dedicated server. I want to join that server with my other 2 pc's. When I do, I get a can't use same license on internet game or something along those lines. I'm NOT using the internet, I'm joining a game running on my PC on my own LAN.

How do I set up for playing at home against one other player?

number of unlocks
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG